Do you ever expect more from yourself and perhaps others around you? Are there any areas in your life where you could make more of an effort in order to reach the standards that you have set for yourself?
I hope that the following Expectations Quotes will inspire you to think of areas of you life that you could improve. Some of these areas could be your health, your career and perhaps your relationships with others.
I also hope that these quotes will make you think of what you expect from others too! How do you do want to be treated by your friends, family members and perhaps the people in work.
No one is perfect and I hope that these quotes will remind you not to set the bar too high for yourself or others. As unrealistic expectations will almost definitely lead to disappointment.
The following collection of expectations quotes are really powerful and I am sure that they will make you think. I hope that you find them both inspiring and really positive.
1. When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are. ― Donald Miller
2. Never give up. Have hope. Expect only the best from life and take action to get it. ― Catherine Pulsifer
3. Just because it’s not what you were expecting, doesn’t mean it’s not everything you need right now. ― Paulo Coelho
4. Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.
5. Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. ― Margaret Mitchell
6. Honesty is a very expensive gift. Don’t expect it from cheap people. ― Warren Buffett
7. Learn to love without any conditions, help without any expectations and to live without any regrets.
8. Be brave enough to live the life of your dreams according to your vision and purpose instead of the expectations and opinions of others. ― Roy Bennett
9. If you expect great things of yourself and demand little of others, you’ll keep resentment far away. ― Confucius
10. What you think, you see. Your expectations create your reality. ― Kelly Corbet
11. There were two ways to be happy: improve your reality, or lower your expectations. ― Jodi Picoult
12. I find my life is a lot easier the lower I keep my expectations. ― Bill Watterson
13. Don’t join an easy crowd; you won’t grow. Go where the expectations and the demands to perform are high. ― Jim Rohn
14. Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed.
15. Our environment, the world in which we live and work, is a mirror of our attitudes and expectations. ― Earl Nightingale
16. Persistence implies keeping your head down and continuing to work when things take longer than you expect. – James Clear
17. When you have zero expectations, everything else is just a pleasant surprise. ― Gary Vaynerchuk
18. If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome. ― Michael Jordan
19. Stop expecting others to show you love, acceptance, commitment, & respect when you don’t even show that to yourself. ― Steve Maraboli
20. I’ve learned to not have expectations. If you don’t expect things from anyone, you can’t get let down. ― Mickie James
21. True strength is keeping everything together when everyone expects you to fall apart.
22. Become aware of your negative expectations and practice replacing them with positive expectations. ― Debbie Ford
23. An attitude of positive expectation is the mark of the superior personality. ― Brian Tracy
24. I hope you do not let anyone else’s expectations direct the course of your life. ― Julianne Donaldson
25. I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine. ― Bruce Lee
26. Expect great things and great things will happen. – Mary Kay Ash
27. Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations. Expect the best of yourself and then do what is necessary to make it a reality. ― Ralph Marston
28. Other people may not have had high expectations for me, but I had high expectations for myself. ― Shannon Miller
29. Be realistic, expect a miracle. ― Osho
30. You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go, and see what happens. ― Mandy Hale
31. Trade your expectations for appreciation and your whole world changes in an instant. — Tony Robbins
32. There’s no straighter road to success than exceeding expectations one day at a time. — Robin Crow
33. Everything will change when your desire to move on exceeds your desire to hold on. — Alan Cohen
34. Our lives are shaped not as much by our experiences as by our expectations. — George Bernard Shaw
35. Don’t limit expectations of yourself and settle for anything less than what you are truly capable of achieving. ― David Goggins
I hope that you enjoyed reading this great collection of Expectations Quotes and that they will make you think about what you will expect of others and yourself in the future.