I hope that the following Expectations Quotes will inspire you to think of areas of you life that you could improve. Some of these areas could be your health, your career and perhaps your relationships with others.
Do you ever expect more from yourself and perhaps others around you? Are there any areas in your life where you could make more of an effort in order to reach the standards that you have set for yourself?
I also hope that these expectations quotes will make you think of what you expect from others too! How do you do want to be treated by your friends, family members and perhaps the people in work?
No one is perfect and I hope that these quotes will remind you not to set the bar too high for yourself or indeed others. As unrealistic expectations will almost definitely lead to disappointment.
The following collection of expectations quotes are really powerful and I am sure that they will make you think. I hope that you find them both inspiring and really positive.
1. “When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.” ― Donald Miller
2. “Never give up. Have hope. Expect only the best from life and take action to get it.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
3. “Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect.” ― Margaret Mitchell
4. “Honesty is a very expensive gift. Don’t expect it from cheap people.” ― Warren Buffett
5. “If you expect great things of yourself and demand little of others, you’ll keep resentment far away.” ― Confucius
6. “There were two ways to be happy: improve your reality, or lower your expectations.” ― Jodi Picoult
7. “What you think, you see. Your expectations create your reality.” ― Kelly Corbet
8. “I find my life is a lot easier the lower I keep my expectations.” ― Bill Watterson
9. Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed.
10. Our environment, the world in which we live and work, is a mirror of our attitudes and expectations.” ― Earl Nightingale
11. “Persistence implies keeping your head down and continuing to work when things take longer than you expect.” – James Clear
12. “If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome.” ― Michael Jordan
13. “When you have zero expectations, everything else is just a pleasant surprise.” ― Gary Vaynerchuk
14. “Stop expecting others to show you love, acceptance, commitment, & respect when you don’t even show that to yourself.” ― Steve Maraboli
15. True strength is keeping everything together when everyone expects you to fall apart.
16. “Become aware of your negative expectations and practice replacing them with positive expectations.” ― Debbie Ford
17. “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
18. “Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations. Expect the best of yourself and then do what is necessary to make it a reality.” ― Ralph Marston
19. “Expect great things and great things will happen.” – Mary Kay Ash
20. “You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go, and see what happens.” ― Mandy Hale
21. “Trade your expectations for appreciation and your whole world changes in an instant.” — Tony Robbins
22. “There’s no straighter road to success than exceeding expectations one day at a time.” — Robin Crow
23. “Everything will change when your desire to move on exceeds your desire to hold on.” — Alan Cohen
24. Don’t limit expectations of yourself and settle for anything less than what you are truly capable of achieving. ― David Goggins
25. “Our lives are shaped not as much by our experiences as by our expectations.” — George Bernard Shaw
26. “Just because it’s not what you were expecting, doesn’t mean it’s not everything you need right now.” ― Paulo Coelho
27. Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.
28. “Be brave enough to live the life of your dreams according to your vision and purpose instead of the expectations and opinions of others.” ― Roy Bennett
29. Learn to love without any conditions, help without any expectations and to live without any regrets.
Quotes About Expectations
30. “An attitude of positive expectation is the mark of the superior personality.” ― Brian Tracy
31. “I hope you do not let anyone else’s expectations direct the course of your life.” ― Julianne Donaldson
32. “I’ve learned to not have expectations. If you don’t expect things from anyone, you can’t get let down.”
33. “Be realistic, expect a miracle.” ― Osho
34. “Don’t join an easy crowd; you won’t grow. Go where the expectations and the demands to perform are high.” ― Jim Rohn
35. “Whatever you accept is exactly what you’ll get out of life.” ― Ed Mylett
36. “High achievement always takes the place in the framework of high expectation.” ― Charles Kettering
37. “In order to win, you must expect to win.” ― Richard Bach
38. “Other people may not have had high expectations for me, but I had high expectations for myself.” ― Shannon Miller
39. The only expectations you should live up to are the ones you expect of yourself.
40. “Try. Fail. Try. Miss. Try. Fall. Try. Get rejected. Try. Succeed. Repeat.” ― Mel Robbins
41. Our expectations drive our performance.” ― Robin Sharma
42. “The measure of a great life is whether it matches your dream.” ― Marie Forleo
43. Best rule for a simple life: care with no reason, love with no expectations.
44. “If you paint in your mind a picture of bright and happy expectations, you put yourself into a condition conducive to your goal.” ― Norman Vincent Peale
45. “It’s a funny thing about life: if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.” ― W. Somerset Maugham
46. “You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” ― Zig Ziglar
47. “Live your life, sing your song. Not full of expectations. Not for the ovations. But for the joy of it.” ― Rasheed Ogunlaru
48. “Do more than you have to, be better than what’s expected of you. Go beyond the goals you set.” ― Darren Hardy
49. “Most things don’t work out as expected, but what happens instead often turns out to be the good stuff.” ― Dame Judi Dench
50. “You might not always get what you want, but you always get what you expect.” ― Charles H. Spurgeon
51. No regrets, just lessons. No worries, just acceptance. No expectations, just gratitude. Life is too short.
52. “Planting the trees of positive expectancy in your mind is the best way to reap a positive harvest in the future.” ― Shivan Singh
53. Don’t blame people for disappointing you, blame yourself for expecting too much from them.
54. “Positive self-expectancy is the first, most outwardly identifiable quality of a top achieving, winning human being.” ― Denis Waitley
55. “Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations.” ― Leo Buscaglia
I hope that you enjoyed reading this great collection of Expectations Quotes and that they will make you think about what you will expect of others and yourself in the future.
While we should be not too hard on ourselves and others, expectations can be the driving force behind continued growth and achievement.
Try us make an effort to face each day with hope and enthusiasm, knowing that with a positive outlook and determination, we can all turn our expectations into reality.
Here’s to embracing the journey of life, celebrating every milestone, and savoring the delightful surprises that life has in store for us!