I want to share with you some of the most famous and powerful Honesty Quotes.
We are all told from an early age the importance of honesty, integrity and being truthful. Honesty has been defined as the quality or fact of being honest; uprightness and fairness.
We all appreciate when people are honest and are truthful to us. It is also really important that we are honest and truthful with ourselves.
I have collected some of the most famous honesty quotes that will remind you why honesty really is the best policy and the importance of being honest with yourself and the people around you.
1. Honesty is a very expensive gift. Don’t expect it from cheap people. ― Warren Buffett
2. Be true to your work, your word, and your friend. – Henry David Thoreau
3. The first step towards greatness is to be honest. – Proverb
4. Moral authority comes from following universal and timeless principles like honesty, integrity, treating people with respect. ― Stephen Covey
5. Honesty has a power that very few people can handle. ― Steven Aitchison
6. Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise. ― Sigmund Freud
7. Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. ― Oscar Wilde
8. The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love, and loyalty. ― Zig Ziglar
9. Our lives improve only when we take chances – and the first and most difficult risk we can take is to be honest with ourselves. ― Walter Anderson
Quotes About Honesty
10. To live a life of honesty and integrity is a responsibility of every decent person. ― Noam Chomsky
11. Respect is earned, honesty is appreciated, love is gained and loyalty is returned.
12. Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure. ― Paulo Coelho
13. Honesty is the best policy. ― Benjamin Franklin
14. The real source of inner joy is to remain truthful and honest. ― Dalai Lama
15. Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world…would do this, it would change the earth. ― William Faulkner
16. If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything.
17. Honesty is one of the highest forms of respect.
18. Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones. – John Lennon
19. Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom. ― Thomas Jefferson
Honesty And Trust Quotes
20. The best thing about telling the truth is, you don’t have to remember what you said!
21. To express oneself honestly, not lying to oneself; that, my friend, is very hard to do. ― Bruce Lee
22. Healthy relationships of all kinds are usually composed of honesty, trust, and respect.
23. No legacy is as rich as honesty.
24. Honesty is telling the truth to ourselves and others. Integrity is living that truth. ― Kenneth H. Blanchard
25. People all over the nation are starved for honesty and common sense. ― Ben Carson
26. If you want to get free, you have to first get honest. ― Joyce Meyer
27. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. ― James E. Faust
28. If you are honest with yourself, your life will be so much more pleasant. ― Jessica Zafra
29. Three things cannot long be hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. ― Confucius
Quotes About Honesty And Trust
30. Honesty is something you can’t wear out. ― Waylon Jennings
31. Speak with honesty. Think with sincerity. Act with integrity.
32. We have to be honest about what we want and take risks rather than lie to ourselves and make excuses to stay in our comfort zone. ― Roy T. Bennett
33. The true measure of life is not length, but honesty. ― John Lyly
34. I think honesty is the most heroic quality one can aspire to. ― Daniel Radcliffe
35. Honesty is the foundation of any successful and meaningful life.
36. Honesty is the best way to build trust and respect in any relationship.
37. Honesty is the cornerstone of all success, without which confidence and ability to perform shall cease to exist. ― Mary Kay Ash
38. Honesty starts with being ourselves, authentic and true to who we are and what we believe in, and that may not always be popular, but it will always let you follow your dreams and your heart. ― Tabatha Coffey
39. Stop expecting loyalty from people who can’t even give you honesty.
Being Honest Quotes
40. Honesty is often very hard. The truth is often painful. But the freedom it can bring is worth the trying. ― Fred Rogers
41. The truth is not just what you say, but also what you do.
42. If you want to be trusted, be honest.
43. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. ― James E. Faust
44. When you walk a life of honesty, you live a life of truth. ― Therese Benedict
45. Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people. ― Spencer Johnson
I really hope that you enjoyed this wonderful collection of Honesty Quotes.
Being honest is an important virtue to have for both our personal and professional lives. Honesty helps to build trust, strengthens relationships and establishes our integrity.
The Honesty Quotes shared above highlight the importance of being honest in every aspect our of life, and how being honest can shape our character, bring success and happiness to those around us.
When we practice being honest, we are not only doing what is right, but we are also showing a sense of trust and respect in the relationships that we have with others.
I hope that you will take inspiration from these honesty quotes and always strive to be always truthful and honest to yourself and others around you.