I hope that you will really enjoy reading this collection of Regret Quotes.
Everyone has regrets in their life, we are all only human after all. What is import is that we learn and grow from our regrets and that we try not to make the same mistakes again in the future.
Regrets can be something that you say or do to someone else, or it can be something that you did or perhaps did not do in your own best interests.
We can regret that we didn’t take action or take a chance on ourselves. We can regret that we never ventured outside of our comfort zone to experience something new. Taking ownership of your mistakes will ensure that you will learn from them which will prevent you from repeating those same mistakes again in the future.
Don’t let past mistakes and regrets beat you down. Learn from them and use them to make you a better person. I hope that the following Quotes About Regret will help you to reflect on your past experiences and take ownership of your actions. I also hope that these quotes will inspire you to live a full life with as few regrets as possible.
1. “Never regret anything that made you smile.” – Mark Twain
2. “I wouldn’t say I regret anything. I would say I just wish I did things better.” – Greg Oden
3. “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” – Jim Rohn
4. “The greatest freedoms are freedom from regret, freedom from fear, freedom from anxiety, and freedom from sorrow.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
5. “The longer our trail of regrets, the more we tend to value the importance of making wise decisions.” – Bob Santos
6. “The one thing I learned is to just give everything a shot. You don’t want to live in regret.” – Chloe Kim
7. I wish I could turn back the clock. I’d find you sooner and love you longer.
8. Fear is only temporary, regret lasts forever.
9. “My dad used to say that living with regrets was like driving a car that only moved in reverse.” – Jodi Picoult
10. “Don’t live your life regretting yesterday. Live your life so tomorrow you won’t regret today.” – Catherine Pulsifer
11. “Regret doesn’t remind us that we did badly. It reminds us that we know we can do better.” – Kathryn Schulz
12. No regrets in life, just lessons learned.
13. Never take anyone for granted…we never seem to realize what we have until it is no longer ours then it becomes the only thing we want. – Unknown
14. Spend time with those you love. One of these days you will say either, “I wish I had” or “I’m glad I did.” – Zig Ziglar
15. “I see it all perfectly; there are two possible situations — one can either do this or that. My honest opinion and my friendly advice is this: do it or do not do it — you will regret both.” – Soren Kierkegaard
16. “You should never regret anything in life. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience.” – Victoria Holt
17. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” – Shannon L. Alder
18. “The past is the past. I’m not worried about it. I can’t change it. I can’t fix it. It is what it is. I’m just living.” – Ryan Sheckler
19. “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” – Lucille Ball
No Regret Quotes
20. Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets.
21. “At the end of the day, let there be no excuses, no explanations, no regrets.” – Steve Maraboli
22. Don’t regret knowing the people who came into your life. Good people give you happiness. Bad ones give you experience. The worst ones give you lessons and the best people give you memories.
23. “In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take, the relationships we were afraid to have, and the decisions we waited too long to make.” – Lewis Carroll
24. “Don’t waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy.” – Roy T. Bennett
25. “If you are afraid to take a chance, take one anyway. What you don’t do can create the same regrets as the mistakes you make.” – Iyanla Vanzant
26. No amount of regret can change the past. No amount of anxiety can change the future.
27. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
28. “If only. Those must be the two saddest words in the world.” – Mercedes Lackey
29. “I don’t believe in regrets. Regrets just keep you chained to the past. You gotta make peace with the past. There’s no reason to regret it. You’ve done it, just make peace with it.” – Bob Dylan
30. “Regret doesn’t come from failure. It comes from giving up.” – Mel Robbins
31. “Let not your regrets be your undoing but instead your vehicle to learn from what did not work. With every misstep or mistake comes the opportunity to rise above; to learn; and to achieve.” – Byron Pulsifer
32. If we fill our hours with regrets over the failures of yesterday, we have no today in which to be thankful.
33. “‘Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
34. “I don’t waste time on regret. No use going over and over the details of what already happened.” – Yanni
35. “Guilt, regret, resentment, grievances, sadness, bitterness, and all forms of non-forgiveness are caused by too much past, and not enough presence.” – Eckhart Tolle
36. “It’s better to look ahead and prepare, than to look back and regret.” – Jackie Joyner Kersee
37. Life is meant to be experienced. Put yourself out there. Do the things you’ve never done. Live a life where at the end, you will have no regrets.
38. “Never look back in regret – move on to the next thing.” – Richard Branson
39. Never regret anything that has happened in your life, it cannot be changed, undone or forgotten. So take it as a lesson learned and move on.
Quotes about Regret
40. Fear regret more than failure.
I hope that you enjoyed this wonderful collection of Regret Quotes and that they inspire you to think more about the present and the future and less about the regrets that you might have about the past.
* I have put some more powerful quotes about regret below for further reading and inspiration.
41. “If you aren’t in the moment, you are either looking forward to uncertainty, or back to pain and regret.” – Jim Carrey
42. Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, “It might have been.” – Kurt Vonnegut
43. “Fear is temporary. Regret is forever.” – Dan Skinner
44. “I do not regret the things I’ve done, but those I did not do.” – Rory Cochrane
45. “Never regret anything you have done with a sincere affection; nothing is lost that is born of the heart.” – Basil Rathbone
46. “The only things I regret, and the only things I’ll ever regret are things I didn’t do. In the end, that’s what we mourn. The paths we didn’t take. The people we didn’t touch.” – Scott Spencer
47. “Never regret anything from your past because one day, you’ll look back and thank it for hurting you so much that you decided to become a stronger human being.” – Faith Star
48. “Regret is like tears seeping through closed eyelids.” – Galway Kinnell
49. “I live without regrets. There are certain things I have done, mistakes that I made, that I would change, but I don’t regret them at all, because I’ve learnt from them.” – Lindsay Lohan
50. Trust before you love, know before you judge, commit before you promise, forgive before you forget and appreciate before you regret.
51. “Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets.” – Arthur Miller
52. “It’s nice to look back on your life and see things as lessons, and not regrets.” – Rihanna
53. “We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here now with the power to shape your day and your future.” – Steve Maraboli
54. “Regret is the only wound the soul does not recover from.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
55. “To live without regret is to believe you have nothing to learn, no amends to make, and no opportunity to be braver with your life.” – Brene Brown
56. “I think to regret is useless in life. It belongs to the past.” – Marlon Brando
57. “A great source of calamity lies in regret and anticipation; therefore a person is wise who thinks of the present alone, regardless of the past or future.” – Oliver Goldsmith
58. “Regret is mostly caused by not having done anything.” – Charles Bukowski
59. “There is no need to lament on the bygone failures, instead concentrate on things that you can change and let other things take their own course.” – Robert Gallagher
Quotes About Regrets In Life
60. “When we grow old, there can only be one regret, not to have given enough of ourselves.” – Eleonora Duse
61. “I would much rather have regrets about not doing what people said, than regretting not doing what my heart led me to and wondering what life had been like if I’d just been myself.” – Brittany Renee
62. “Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.” – Sydney J. Harris
63. “Regret is an unavoidable result of any loss, for in loss we lose the tomorrow that we needed to make right our yesterday or today.” – Gerald Lawson Sittser
64. Sometimes I wish life was written in pencil so we could erase it and write it all over again.
65. “Uncertainty is the worst of all evils until the moment when reality makes us regret uncertainty.” – Alphonse Karr
66. “Never look back and regret, look back and smile at what you have learned.” – Michelle C. Ustaszeski
67. “It is not the things we do in life that we regret on our death bed. It is the things we do not.” – Randy Pausch
68. “I don’t regret any of the decisions I’ve made in my life. Because with every choice I’ve made, I’ve learned something new.” – Ariana Grande
69. “Don’t allow yourself to become one who, nearing death, regrets what you might have done if only you had taken a few risks. We each have a purpose in life.” – Gillian Stokes
70. The only things in life you regret are the risks that you didn’t take.
71. “We cannot always change what has happened to us, but we can change how we react and how we live in the future. Living with no regrets is living successfully.” – Dr. Ellen Taricani
72. “Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back.” – Katherine Mansfield
73. “I’m very versatile and there’s nothing I really regret in my life. I’m excited with who I am and I’m just going to keep riding the wave.” – Rick Ross
74. “Worrying about past regrets does nothing to change the past. Your future is where your focus should be.” – Catherine Pulsifer
75. “Regret is counterproductive. It’s looking back on a past that you can’t change. Questioning things as they occur can prevent regret in the future.” – Colleen Hoover
76. “Hurting people you love is the heaviest kind of regret.” – Charlotte Eriksson
77. “You can never regret anything you do in life. You kind of have to learn the lesson from whatever the experience is and take it with you on your journey forward.” – Aubrey O’Day
78. Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don’t and believe that everything happens for a reason.
79. “I would much rather have regrets about not doing what people said, than regretting not doing what my heart led me to and wondering what life had been like if I’d just been myself.” – Brittany Renee
80. “Failure hurts but passes quickly. Regret hurts forever.” – Shane Parrish
81. If we fill our hours with regrets over the failures of yesterday, we have no today in which to be thankful.
82. “Dead people receive more flowers than the living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude.” – Anne Frank
83. “We don’t have to be defined by the things we did or didn’t do in our past. Some people allow themselves to be controlled by regret. Maybe it’s a regret, maybe it’s not. It’s merely something that happened. Get over it.” – Pittacus Lore
84. “I never regret anything. Because every little detail of your life is what made you into who you are in the end.” – Drew Barrymore
85. When tomorrow comes this day will be gone forever, but I shall hold something which I have traded for it. It may be no more than a memory, but if it is a worthy one I shall not regret the price. – Unknown
86. “I can’t take back the past, but I can fight for the future.” – Shannon A. Thompson
87. “Make your priorities a priority or you may live to regret it.” – Frank Sonnenberg
88. Start your day with a smile, not regrets and complaints.
89. “The regrets of today cannot make up for the mistakes of the past. They can only guide us in a better direction.” – Joan Ambu
90. Live within the past and you will never be able to see your future.
I really hope that you enjoyed reading this collection of Regret Quotes.
Regret is a natural experience that can often lead to feelings of sadness, guilt and even disappointment. It is important to remember that regret is not only a normal part of life but also a valuable opportunity for growth and self-reflection.
Regret can be a complex and often difficult emotion to deal with, here are some tips to help you navigate through it.
1. Reflect and accept: Allow yourself to reflect on the situation that caused the regret. Accept that the past cannot be changed and that mistakes are a natural part of life. Acknowledge your emotions and give yourself permission to feel regret without dwelling on it excessively.
2. Write it out: Writing can be a very therapeutic tool for processing emotions. Consider keeping a journal or writing a letter to yourself, expressing your regrets and exploring the lessons that you have learned from them. This process can provide clarity and closure.
3. Learn from the experience: Regret often arises from missed opportunities or actions we wish we had taken differently. Use your regrets as opportunities for growth and learning. Identify the lessons that you have learned and think about how you can apply them to future situations.
4. Practice self-compassion: It is important to be kind to yourself and practice self-compassion when dealing with regret. Avoid self-blame or harsh judgment. Treat yourself with the same empathy and understanding you would offer a friend who is experiencing regret.
5. Take action: If your regret stems from specific actions or behaviors, consider taking steps to rectify the situation or make amends. Sometimes, even small actions can help alleviate the weight of regret and bring a sense of closure.
6. Focus on the present: Dwelling too much on the past can hinder your ability to move forward. Redirect your attention and energy to the present moment. Engage in activities that bring you joy, set new goals, and create a positive vision for your future.
7. Seek support: Don’t hesitate to reach out to trusted friends, family, or even a professional counselor or therapist. Sharing your feelings and gaining a different perspective can help you process your regrets and find support in navigating through them.
By embracing and learning from our mistakes, we can turn regret into a positive force for growth and self-improvement. These Regret Quotes encourage us to make the most of the present moment and to not dwell on the past.
Regret can be a powerful motivator to change and grow, but it can also hold us back if we allow it to consume us. By taking responsibility for our actions and finding ways to make amends, we can turn our regrets into opportunities for growth and self-improvement.