This is a wonderful collection of Leo Buscaglia Quotes that I know you will enjoy.
Leo Buscaglia was an American author, motivational speaker and a professor in the Department of Special Education at the University of Southern California.
His televised lectures were very popular in the 1980s. This national exposure, coupled with the heartfelt storytelling style of his books, helped to make all of his books national Best Sellers.
Leo Buscaglia was closely associated with the topics of love and human relationships. Emphasizing the value of positive human touch, especially hugs. His association with hugging became his trademark at lectures, where thousands of people would patiently wait to hug him after a presentation.
It was not uncommon for Leo Buscaglia to give a talk of about an hour and then stay afterwards signing books and hugging for at least twice that long.
Leo Buscaglia had a wonderful way of drawing people in and was often referred to as the grandfather of motivational speaking. I hope that you will enjoy this wonderful collection of Leo Buscaglia Quotes.
1. Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life. – Leo Buscaglia
2. Only when we give joyfully, without hesitation or thought of gain, can we truly know what love means. – Leo Buscaglia
3. Love is always open arms. If you close your arms about love you will find that you are left holding only yourself. – Leo Buscaglia
4. Life is a paradise for those who love many things with a passion. – Leo Buscaglia
5. The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live. – Leo Buscaglia
6. Don’t smother each other. No one can grow in the shade. – Leo Buscaglia
7. Happiness and love are just a choice away. – Leo Buscaglia
8. Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not in spite of them and you have found a lover for life. – Leo Buscaglia
9. Love is always bestowed as a gift – freely, willingly and without expectation. – Leo Buscaglia
Leo Buscaglia Quotes
10. Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God. – Leo Buscaglia
11. Change. It has the power to uplift, to heal, to stimulate, surprise, open new doors, bring fresh experience and create excitement in life. – Leo Buscaglia
12. Risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. – Leo Buscaglia
13. Value yourself. The only people who appreciate a doormat are people with dirty shoes. – Leo Buscaglia
14. Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time. It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other. – Leo Buscaglia
15. I believe that you control your destiny, that you can be what you want to be. – Leo Buscaglia
16. Love yourself, accept yourself, forgive yourself, and be good to yourself because without you the rest of us are without a source of many wonderful things. – Leo Buscaglia
17. Everybody needs a hug. It changes your metabolism. – Leo Buscaglia
18. Risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. – Leo Buscaglia
19. Choose the way of life. Choose the way of love. Choose the way of caring. Choose the way of goodness. It’s up to you. It’s your choice. – Leo Buscaglia
Leo Buscaglia Quotes
20. The hardest battle you’re ever going to fight is the battle to be just you. – Leo Buscaglia
21. What we call the secret of happiness is no more a secret than our willingness to choose life. – Leo Buscaglia
22. The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don’t let them put you in that position. – Leo Buscaglia
23. One does not fall “in” or “out” of love. One grows in love. – Leo Buscaglia
24. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. – Leo Buscaglia
25. Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations. – Leo Buscaglia
26. Life is uncharted territory. It reveals its story one moment at a time. – Leo Buscaglia
27. If you don’t like the scene you’re in, if you’re unhappy, if you’re lonely, if you don’t feel that things are happening, change your scene. Paint a new backdrop. – Leo Buscaglia
28. I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things… I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind. – Leo Buscaglia
29. No one gets out of this world alive, so the time to live, learn, care, share, celebrate, and love is now. – Leo Buscaglia
30. There are scores of people waiting for someone just like us to come along; people who will appreciate our compassion, our encouragement, who will need our unique talents. Someone who will live a happier life merely because we took the time to share what we had to give. – Leo Buscaglia
I really hope that you enjoyed reading these wonderful Leo Buscaglia quotes about love and life.
These Leo Buscaglia Quotes continue to inspire and uplift people all over the world. His messages of love, kindness, and human connection remind us to cherish the people that are in our lives and to never take a single day for granted.
His legacy lives on through his books, speeches and wonderful quotes that continue to be shared and passed down through generations.
Leo Buscaglia truly believed in the power of love and it is evident in everything that he did. Let us take inspiration from him and strive to make the world a better place through our own actions and words.
Leo Buscaglia Biography:
Leo Buscaglia, born Felice Leonardo Buscaglia, was an influential American author, motivational speaker, and professor, was renowned for his teachings on love, kindness, and human relationships.
He was born on March 31, 1924, in Los Angeles, California, to Italian immigrant parents. Leo’s upbringing in a close-knit Italian-American family deeply influenced his views on love and the importance of human connection.
Leo Buscaglia’s educational journey began at Theodore Roosevelt High School in Los Angeles. After completing his high school education, he enrolled at the University of Southern California (USC), where he earned his bachelor’s degree in speech and drama. He continued his studies at USC, pursuing a master’s degree in language pathology.
Upon receiving his master’s degree, Leo Buscaglia worked as a counselor at the Los Angeles City School District, assisting troubled and disadvantaged youth. During this time, he developed a profound interest in the psychology of human relationships and the power of love to transform lives. This passion led him to pursue a doctoral degree in educational psychology at the University of California, Berkeley.
During his time at UC Berkeley, Leo Buscaglia began teaching courses on love and relationships. His classes quickly gained popularity due to his charismatic and engaging teaching style. Students were drawn to his authenticity and his ability to create a warm and inclusive learning environment. Recognizing the impact he could have beyond the classroom, Leo Buscaglia decided to dedicate his life to spreading his message of love and personal growth to a wider audience.
In 1972, Leo Buscaglia published his first book, “Love,” which became an instant bestseller and catapulted him into the national spotlight. The book, filled with personal anecdotes, practical advice, and philosophical insights, struck a chord with readers who were hungry for guidance in their personal lives. The success of this book encouraged Leo Buscaglia to continue writing and sharing his teachings with the world.
Over the course of his career, Buscaglia authored several more popular books, including “The Fall of Freddie the Leaf,” “Living, Loving & Learning,” and “Born for Love.” His works covered a wide range of topics, from self-esteem and personal growth to the importance of human touch and the power of forgiveness. Leo Buscaglia’s books were characterized by their heartfelt and compassionate approach, resonating with readers of all ages and backgrounds.
In addition to his writing, Leo Buscaglia became a highly sought-after public speaker, captivating audiences with his passionate delivery and infectious enthusiasm. He traveled extensively, delivering lectures and workshops on love, communication, and personal development. His charismatic presence and genuine concern for others made him a beloved figure, and he inspired countless individuals to lead more compassionate and fulfilling lives.
Leo Buscaglia’s impact extended beyond his books and lectures. In 1984, he co-founded the Love and Tolerance Institute, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting understanding, compassion, and acceptance among individuals from diverse backgrounds. The institute offered educational programs and resources aimed at fostering greater love and tolerance within communities.
Throughout his life, Buscaglia received numerous awards and accolades for his contributions to personal development and the field of human relationships. His message of love and kindness has left an enduring legacy, inspiring generations to prioritize human connection and emotional well-being.
On June 12, 1998, Leo Buscaglia passed away at the age of 74, leaving behind a rich body of work and a lasting impact on millions of lives. His teachings continue to resonate with people around the world, reminding us of the power of love to transform ourselves and the world around us. Leo Buscaglia’s unwavering belief in the potential for human goodness serves as a guiding light, reminding us to embrace love and compassion in our daily lives.