Are you looking for a great collection of Mark Twain Quotes? Samuel Langhorne Clemens was better known by his pen name Mark Twain.
He was a popular American author best known for his famous works ‘The Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn’ and ‘The Adventures Of Tom Sawyer’. Mark Twain’s works continue to resonate with readers of all ages.
His intellect and humour gained him the title ‘the Father of American literature.’ He lived a full and colorful life from 1835-1910.
This wonderful collection of Mark Twain Quotes brings together his most memorable quotes, offering a glimpse into his keen intellect, sharp wit, and profound insights on life, love, and the human condition.
Mark Twain Quotes
1. The best way to cheer yourself is to try to cheer somebody else up. – Mark Twain
2. Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life. – Mark Twain
3. Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. – Mark Twain
4. Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. – Mark Twain
5. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. – Mark Twain
6. It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog. – Mark Twain
7. Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often. – Mark Twain
8. It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. – Mark Twain
9. Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear. – Mark Twain
Famous Mark Twain Quotes
10. If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything. – Mark Twain
11. You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. – Mark Twain
12. The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. – Mark Twain
13. Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection. – Mark Twain
14. Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. – Mark Twain
15. Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. – Mark Twain
16. Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow. – Mark Twain
17. Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter. – Mark Twain
18. Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. – Mark Twain
19. Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. – Mark Twain
20. A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. – Mark Twain
21. Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. – Mark Twain
22. Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. – Mark Twain
23. The lack of money is the root of all evil. – Mark Twain
24. I can teach anybody how to get what they want out of life. The problem is that I can’t find anybody who can tell me what they want. – Mark Twain
25. Honesty: The best of all the lost arts. – Mark Twain
I really hope that you enjoyed reading these wonderful Mark Twain quotes.
Mark Twain’s words of wit and wisdom continue to transcend time and inspire generations of readers.
Whether he was offering insightful reflections on politics and society or entertaining us with hilarious anecdotes, Mark Twain’s quotes remind us of the power of language has to impact our lives in meaningful ways.
This collection of quotes by Mark Twain serves as a wonderful testament to his enduring legacy and they remind us of the importance of taking a moment to reflect on the deeper meaning behind his clever words.
I hope that these Mark Twain’s quotes help to guide you, inspire you and put a smile on your face.