I hope that you will enjoy this wonderful collection of Motivational Quotes For Athletes. Some of the following quotes are by some of the most successful athletes and coaches of all time.
Their sporting triumphs and personal achievements have inspired millions of people all over the world.
I hope that the following motivational quotes will inspire you to train hard, stay focused and achieve all of your exciting goals!
No matter what level of sports that you are currently at, these quotes have the amazing power to both inspire and motivate you.
Motivational Quotes For Athletes
1. Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there. – Bo Jackson
2. Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period. – Lou Holtz
3. If you aren’t going all the way, why go at all? – Joe Namath
4. Do not let what you can not do interfere with what you can do. – John Wooden
5. You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take. – Wayne Gretzky
6. We can change our lives. We can do, have, and be exactly what we wish. – Tony Robbins
7. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
8. It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up. – Vince Lombardi
9. Focus, discipline, hard work, goal setting and, of course, the thrill of finally achieving your goals. These are all lessons in life. – Kristi Yamaguchi
10. Champions keep playing until they get it right. – Billie Jean King
11. If you can’t outplay them, outwork them. – Ben Hogan
12. It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up. – Babe Ruth
13. It is not the size of a man but the size of his heart that matters. – Evander Holyfield
14. Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. – Lou Holtz
15. I think sometimes in life the biggest challenges end up being the best things that happen in your life. – Tom Brady
16. Pursue what you love, what you are passionate about. Don’t let somebody else dictate your life’s path. – Jack Nicklaus
17. Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines practiced every day. – Jim Rohn
18. Winners, I am convinced, imagine their dreams first. They want it with all their heart and expect it to come true. There is, I believe, no other way to live. – Joe Montana
19. The pain you feel today, will be the strength that you feel tomorrow.
20. Be humble. Be hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room. – Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
21. Train hard, turn up, run your best and the rest will take care of itself. – Usain Bolt
22. The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent. – Arnold Schwarzenegger
23. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. – Arthur Ashe
24. Don’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the further you get. – Michael Phelps
25. The most rewarding things you do in life are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. – Arnold Palmer
26. Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, and others make it happen. – Michael Jordan
27. The principle is competing against yourself. It’s about self-improvement, about being better than you were the day before. – Steve Young
28. No matter how good you get, you can always get better and that’s the exciting part. – Tiger Woods
29. Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do. – Bruce Lee
30. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does, that makes you a winner right there. – Venus Williams
31. A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever. –
32. Relentless is about never being satisfied, always driving to be the best, and then getting even better. ― Tim Grover
33. Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t. – Jerry Rice
34. I’ve got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end. – Larry Bird
35. Show class, have pride and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself. – Paul ‘Bear’ Bryant
36. I am lucky that whatever fear I have inside me, my desire to win is always stronger. — Serena Williams
37. Nobody who gave his best ever regretted it. – George Halas
38. It’s not wanting to win that makes you a winner; it’s refusing to fail. – Peyton Manning
39. A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be. – Wayne Gretzky
40. Watch your actions, they become your habits. Watch your habits, they become your character. – Vince Lombardi
41. There’s no reward without work, no victory without effort, no battle won without risk. – Nora Roberts
42. Don’t make excuses for why you can’t get it done. Focus on all of the reasons why you must make it happen. ― Ralph Marston
43. Passion first and everything will fall into place. – Holly Holm
44. Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. – Arnold Schwarzenegger
45. The best motivation always comes from within. – Michael Johnson
46. To succeed, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you. – Tony Dorsett
47. Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better. – Pat Riley
48. No matter the circumstances that you may be going through, just push through it. – Ray Lewis
49. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. – Og Mandino
50. The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do. ― Kobe Bryant
I hope that you really enjoyed reading this collection of Motivational Quotes for Athletes.
Let these Quotes for Athletes be a powerful reminder to you that the strength, determination, and perseverance that you need lies within you.
Always remember to believe in yourself, push through the tough times and always strive to be the best version of yourself both in sports and in life.