21 Quotes About Facing Your Fears
I hope that the following Facing Your Fears Quotes will give you the courage and self belief to overcome any fears that might be holding you back.
Fear has the power to hold us back from taking action, having experiences and perhaps even going after what we want to achieve in our life. Most of us at one time have felt the fear of failure, the fear of what other people might say and think and perhaps even the fear of physical pain.
Have you ever felt nervous and fearful before trying something different that was outside of your comfort zone? Only to say to yourself ‘why was I so afraid?’ or ‘that wasn’t so bad!’ After building up the confidence to just go for it!
By facing your fears head on, your fears will actually get smaller and your confidence will soar. By taking action and facing your fears, your fears will lose their control over you. Once you start facing your fears your self-respect will start to increase, your self-esteem will go up and your sense of personal pride will also grow.
1. Courage is knowing what not to fear. ― Plato
2. Do one thing every day that scares you. ― Eleanor Roosevelt
3. The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one. ― John C. Maxwell
4. Fear is a natural reaction to moving closer to the truth. ― Pema Chödrön
5. Fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind. ― Dale Carnegie
6. Fear has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run or Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours. ― Zig Ziglar
7. Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. ― Marie Curie
8. Do what you fear and fear disappears. ― David J Schwartz
9. Fear is only as deep as the mind allows. ― Japanese Proverb
10 of 21 Facing Your Fears Quotes
What you are afraid to do is a clear indication of the next thing you need to do. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
11. The fears we don’t face become our limits. ― Robin Sharma
12. Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game. ― Babe Ruth
13. I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. ― Nelson Mandela
14. Everything you want is on the other side of fear. ― Jack Canfield
15. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
16. Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. ― Yoda
17. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure. ― Paulo Coelho
18. The less you fear, the more power you will have and the more fully you will live. ― Robert Greene
19. Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic.
20. We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. ― Plato
21. Focus on where you want to go, not on what you fear. ― Tony Robbins
Facing your fear is an essential part of personal growth and development. It requires courage, determination, and a willingness to step outside of your comfort zone.
As the above collection of Facing Your Fears quotes demonstrate, fear can hold us back from achieving our full potential. These quotes also show us that by confronting our fears head-on can lead to great rewards.
By acknowledging your fears and pushing through them, you can build confidence, resilience, and a sense of accomplishment that will serve you well in all areas of your life.
In the future, try to embrace any challenges that come your way, push through them and never let your fears hold you back from reaching your goals.