Serena Williams is an American tennis player who has revolutionized women’s tennis with her powerful style of play. Serena has won more Grand Slam singles titles (23) than any other woman or man during the modern open era.
Serena learned tennis from her father on the public courts in Los Angeles and turned professional in 1995, one year after her sister Venus. Many predicted Venus would be the first Williams sister to win a Grand Slam singles title, but it was Serena who accomplished the feat, winning the 1999 U.S. Open.
In 2012 she captured her fifth Wimbledon singles title. A month later at the London Olympic Games, Serena won a gold medal in the singles event, becoming the second woman (behind Steffi Graf) to win a career Golden Slam.
Hard work, self belief and talent has made Serena Williams one of the greatest tennis players of all time. I hope that following collection of Serena Williams quotes will inspire you to have more belief in yourself and your goals.
1.I think you have to love yourself before you fall in love. I’m still learning to love myself. — Serena Williams
2. Everything comes at a cost. Just what are you willing to pay for it? — Serena Williams
4. Everyone always says never give up but you really have to take that to heart and really do never definitely give up. Keep trying. — Serena Williams
5. I decided I can’t pay a person to rewind time, so I may as well get over it. — Serena Williams
6. Losing has taught me to be a better winner and a better person, one who is always looking for opportunities to learn. — Serena Williams
7. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does. — Serena Williams
8. I am lucky that whatever fear I have inside me, my desire to win is always stronger. — Serena Williams
9. Don’t let anybody work harder than you do. — Serena Williams
10. Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on. — Serena Williams
11. If Plan A isn’t working, I have Plan B, Plan C, and even Plan D. — Serena Williams
12. I really think a champion is defined not by their wins, but by how they can recover when they fall. — Serena Williams
13. It doesn’t matter what your background is or where you come from, if you have dreams and goals, that’s all that matters. — Serena Williams
14. Everyone’s dream can come true if you just stick to it and work hard. — Serena Williams
15. I think in life you should work on yourself until the day you die. — Serena Williams
16. I always believe I can beat the best, achieve the best. I always see myself in the top position. — Serena Williams
17. I’ve grown most not from victories, but setbacks. — Serena Williams
18. I don’t have regrets. I don’t live in the past. I live in the present and learn not to make the same mistakes in the future. — Serena Williams
19. Nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream. — Serena Williams
20. Victory is very, very sweet. It tastes better than any dessert you’ve ever had. — Serena Williams
21. You just have to prove to yourself that you can go out there and be the best that you can be and not prove anything to anyone. — Serena Williams
22. You have to be fearless to have success. — Serena Williams
23. Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t, pretend that you do and at some point you will. — Serena Williams
24. Your legacy is what you did with your life. — Serena Williams
25. Is greatness winning? Is it losing? Is it recovery? It’s all of them, plus being good to yourself. — Serena Williams
I hope that you enjoyed this wonderful collection of Serena Williams Quotes.