I hope that you will really enjoy reading this wonderful collection of Vince Lombardi Quotes.
Vince Lombardi was an American football player, head coach and general manager. He is best known as the head coach of the Green Bay Packers NFL football team. He famously won the Super Bowl Trophy three years in a row in the 1960’s.
Vince Lombardi is highly regarded as one of the greatest coaches and inspirational leaders in sports history. He never had a losing season as a head coach in the NFL.
His powerful quotes inspire people to this day. In 1970 the highly prized American Football Super Bowl trophy was named after him.
I hope that you will enjoy this wonderful collection of Vince Lombardi quotes.
Vince Lombardi Quotes On Leadership
1. Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile. – Vince Lombardi
2. Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. – Vince Lombardi
3. Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing. – Vince Lombardi
4. If you’ll not settle for anything less than your best, you will be amazed at what you can accomplish in your lives. – Vince Lombardi
5. Work is the key to success and hard work can help you accomplish anything. – Vince Lombardi
6. Winners never quit and quitters never win. – Vince Lombardi
7. The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. – Vince Lombardi
8. We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible. – Vince Lombardi
9. Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit. – Vince Lombardi
Vince Lombardi Quotes
10. No leader, however great, can long continue unless he wins battles. The battle decides all. – Vince Lombardi
11. To be successful you’ve got to be honest with yourself. – Vince Lombardi
12. The achievements of an organization are the results of the combined effort of each individual. – Vince Lombardi
13. Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. – Vince Lombardi
14. Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect. – Vince Lombardi
15. Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. – Vince Lombardi
16. The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. – Vince Lombardi
17. The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender. – Vince Lombardi
18. It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up. – Vince Lombardi
19. The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary. – Vince Lombardi
Famous Vince Lombardi Quotes
20. Everyone has a will to win but very few have the will to prepare to win. – Vince Lombardi
21. Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence. – Vince Lombardi
22. Don’t succumb to excuses. Go back to the job of making the corrections and forming the habits that will make your goal possible. – Vince Lombardi
23. The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. – Vince Lombardi
24. It’s easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you’re a winner, when you’re number one. What you’ve got to have is faith and discipline when you’re not yet a winner. – Vince Lombardi
25. There’s only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. – Vince Lombardi
26. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive, and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done. – Vince Lombardi
27. Winning is a habit. Watch your thoughts, they become your beliefs. Watch your beliefs, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your habits. Watch your habits, they become your character. – Vince Lombardi
28. Success is like anything worthwhile. It has a price. You have to pay the price to win and you have to pay the price to get to the point where success is possible. Most important, you must pay the price to stay there. – Vince Lombardi
29. After all the cheers have died down and the stadium is empty, after the headlines have been written, and after you are back in the quiet of your room and the championship ring has been placed on the dresser and after all the pomp and fanfare have faded, the enduring thing that is left is the dedication to doing with our lives the very best we can to make the world a better place in which to live. – Vince Lombardi
Inspirational Vince Lombardi Quotes
30. The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there. – Vince Lombardi
31. If you can accept losing, you can’t win. – Vince Lombardi
32. If you’re not making mistakes, you’re not trying hard enough. – Vince Lombardi
33. We will be relentless in our pursuit for perfection. We won’t ever be perfect – but in the process, we will achieve greatness. – Vince Lombardi
34. In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail. – Vince Lombardi
35. Mental toughness is essential to success. – Vince Lombardi
36. You’ve got to keep yourself in prime physical condition because fatigue makes cowards of us all. – Vince Lombardi
37. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. – Vince Lombardi
38. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That’s real glory. That’s the essence of it. – Vince Lombardi
39. You carry on no matter what are the obstacles. You simply refuse to give up – and, when the going gets tough, you get tougher. And, you win. – Vince Lombardi
Vince Lombardi Leadership Quotes
40. The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince. – Vince Lombardi
41. Preparedness is the ultimate confidence builder. – Vince Lombardi
42. Mental toughness is a state of mind – you could call it ‘character in action’. – Vince Lombardi
43. Second place is meaningless. You can’t always be first, but you have to believe that you should have been – that you were never beaten – that time just ran out on you. – Vince Lombardi
44. It’s easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you’re a winner, when you’re number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you’re not a winner. – Vince Lombardi
45. Winning means you’re willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else. – Vince Lombardi
46. Your success in life will be determined more by the depth of your commitment to excellence than by any other factor, no matter what your chosen field. – Vince Lombardi
47. Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is. – Vince Lombardi
48. The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand. – Vince Lombardi
49. The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable. – Vince Lombardi
50. There is only one kind of discipline, and that is the perfect discipline. As a leader, you must enforce and maintain that discipline; otherwise, you will fail at your job. – Vince Lombardi
I hope that you enjoyed reading these powerful Vince Lombardi quotes.
Vince Lombardi’s philosophy of hard work, determination and teamwork are applicable, not just in sports but also in life.
His words of wisdom are a great source of inspiration for athletes, coaches and individuals from all walks of life. These Vince Lombardi quotes remind us that success is not just about individual achievements, but also about working together towards a common goal.
Vince Lombardi’s legacy will continue to live on through his iconic quotes and the impact that he has made in the world of sports.
Vince Lombardi Biography:
Vince Lombardi is a legendary figure in the world of American football, known for his incredible coaching career and his influence on the game. Born on June 11, 1913, in Brooklyn, New York, Lombardi was the oldest of five children in an Italian-American family.
Vince Lombardi attended St. Francis Preparatory School in Brooklyn, where he played football and basketball. He then went on to Fordham University, where he played as a guard on the football team. After graduating from Fordham in 1937, Lombardi worked as a high school football coach and a teacher for several years.
In 1947, Vince Lombardi was hired as an assistant coach for the New York Giants. He worked under head coach Jim Lee Howell for eight years, during which time the Giants won two NFL championships. Vince Lombardi was known for his strict and demanding coaching style, and his attention to detail and discipline were instrumental in the Giants’ success.
In 1959, Vince Lombardi was hired as the head coach of the Green Bay Packers. The team had struggled in the previous decade, but Lombardi was determined to turn things around. In his first season, he led the Packers to a winning record and was named NFL Coach of the Year. Over the next nine seasons, Lombardi led the Packers to five NFL championships, including victories in the first two Super Bowls.
Vince Lombardi was a master motivator, and his players respected and admired him. He was known for his famous mantra, “Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing,” Vince Lombardi’s coaching style emphasized hard work, dedication, and attention to detail, and he demanded nothing less than excellence from his players.
Off the field, Lombardi was a devout Catholic and a family man. He was married to his wife, Marie, for over 30 years, and they had two children together. Lombardi was also active in the community and was known for his charitable work.
Lombardi’s coaching career came to an end in 1969, when he left the Packers to become the head coach and part-owner of the Washington Redskins. However, his time in Washington was short-lived, and he resigned after just one season due to health issues.
Sadly, Lombardi was diagnosed with colon cancer in 1970, and he passed away just a year later at the age of 57. However, his legacy lives on, both in the NFL and in American culture. Vince Lombardi is remembered as one of the greatest coaches of all time, and his name has become synonymous with excellence, discipline, and hard work.
I hope that you have enjoyed reading the above collection of Vince Lombardi Quotes and the brief biography of his life.