Former pro basketball player Kobe Bryant won five NBA titles with the Los Angeles Lakers establishing himself as one of the game’s all-time greats. He also played on both the 2008 and 2012 U.S. Olympic basketball teams, winning consecutive gold medals.
While playing for the LA Lakers, Kobe Bryant was selected for the NBA All-Star Game in just his second season, becoming the youngest ever All-Star. In 2008 he was named as the league’s MVP for the first time in his career.
Kobe Bryant played with the Los Angeles Lakers for all 20 seasons of his career. He retired as one of the greatest NBA players of his time. Kobe Bryant was an 18-time All-Star and 15-time member of the All-NBA Team.
In 2020 Kobe Bryant died along with his daughter and several others, in a tragic helicopter crash.
I hope that you will enjoy this inspirational collection of Kobe Bryant Quotes.
1. Everything negative – pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity for me to rise. ― Kobe Bryant
2. Dedication sees dreams come true. ― Kobe Bryant
3. We can always kind of be average and do what’s normal. I’m not in this to do what’s normal. ― Kobe Bryant
4. The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do. ― Kobe Bryant
5. I’ll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it’s sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot. ― Kobe Bryant
6. If you do not believe in yourself no one will do it for you. ― Kobe Bryant
7. Either way, I refuse to change what I am. A Lion has to eat. Run with me or run from me. ― Kobe Bryant
8. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses. ― Kobe Bryant
9. Once you know what failure feels like, determination chases success. ― Kobe Bryant
10. Life is too short to get bogged down and be discouraged. You have to keep moving. You have to keep going. Put one foot in front of the other, smile and just keep on rolling. ― Kobe Bryant
11. From the beginning, I wanted to be the best. I had a constant craving, a yearning, to improve and be the best. ― Kobe Bryant
12. Losers visualize the penalties of failure. Winners visualize the rewards of success. ― Kobe Bryant
13. The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win. ― Kobe Bryant
14. The most important thing is you must put everybody on notice that you’re here and you are for real. ― Kobe Bryant
15. Winning takes precedence over all. There’s no gray area. No almosts. ― Kobe Bryant
16. If you’re afraid to fail, then you’re probably going to fail. ― Kobe Bryant
17. I don’t want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant. ― Kobe Bryant
18. A lot of people say they want to be great, but they’re not willing to make the sacrifices necessary to achieve greatness. ― Kobe Bryant
19. I’m chasing perfection. ― Kobe Bryant
20. Pain is the little voice in your head that tries to hold you back because it knows if you continue you will change. ― Kobe Bryant
21. After all, greatness is not for everybody. ― Kobe Bryant
22. The beauty in being blessed with talent is rising above doubters to create a beautiful moment. ― Kobe Bryant
23. Haters are a good problem to have. Nobody hates the good ones. They hate the great ones. ― Kobe Bryant
24. May you always remember to enjoy the road, especially when it’s a hard one. ― Kobe Bryant
25. Hard work outweighs talent — every time. ― Kobe Bryant
30 Thanksgiving Quotes To Make You Feel Grateful
Thanksgiving day is celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November in the United States. The holiday originated in 1621 as a harvest festival celebrated by Pilgrims after a successful growing season. It has been celebrated nationally since 1789, when George Washington declared Thursday, November 26, a Thanksgiving holiday.
While Thanksgiving day is celebrated in the United States, we should all take the time more often to be thankful and grateful for all of the blessings in our lives.
I think that the following collection of Thanksgiving quotes perfectly capture the true meaning of the holiday; a time of giving thanks, feeling grateful, and enjoying the special time spent with friends and family.
1. We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives. – John F. Kennedy
2. Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others. – Marcus Tullius Cicero
3. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart. – Helen Keller
4. Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out. – John Wooden
5. What if, today, we were grateful for everything? – Charlie Brown
6. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are. – Joyce Giraud
7. He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. – Epictetus
8. Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. – Oprah Winfrey
9. The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest. – William Blake
10. There is no better opportunity to receive more than to be thankful for what you already have. Thanksgiving opens the windows of opportunity for ideas to flow your way. – Jim Rohn
11. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow. – Melody Beattie
12. When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around. – Willie Nelson
13. Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. – William Arthur Ward
14. There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. – Albert Einstein
15. If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. – Meister Eckhart
16. The more you practice the art of thankfulness, the more you have to be thankful for. – Norman Vincent Peale
17. Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other. – Randy Pausch
18. Give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation. – Brian Tracy
19. Gratitude is one of the most powerful human emotions. Once expressed, it changes attitude, brightens outlook, and broadens our perspective. – Germany Kent
20. There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.
21. Even in the trials of life, if we have eyes to see them, we can find good things everywhere we look. – Joanna Gaines
22. Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance. – Eckhart Tolle
23. What I love about Thanksgiving is that it’s purely about getting together with friends or family and enjoying food. It’s really for everybody, and it doesn’t matter where you’re from. – Daniel Humm
24. A moment of gratitude makes a difference in your attitude. – Bruce Wilkinson
25. Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life. – Rumi
26. We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count. – Neal A. Maxwell
27. Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude. – Nigel Hamilton
28. No matter what the situation is…close your eyes and think of all the things in your life you could be grateful for right now. – Deepak Chopra
29. Give thanks not just on Thanksgiving Day, but every day of your life. Appreciate and never take for granted all that you have. – Catherine Pulsifer
30. Be kind, be thoughtful, be genuine but most of all be thankful.
I hope that you enjoyed reading this wonderful collection of Thanksgiving Quotes.
Quotes About Bouncing Back and Overcoming Failure
I really hope that you will enjoy reading the following collection of Inspirational Failure Quotes. The thing about failure is that it is all really a matter of perspective and mindset. One persons idea of failure is a massive success for someone else. What is considered a failure for one person is seen as a guideline on the way to success for another person.
Failing at something or not achieving what you want to achieve should not be allowed to define you or hold you back. Instead, any bumps in the road should be seen as guidelines to inspire you to bounce back, adjust your actions and follow a different course of action.
We have been programmed that something is either a success or a failure, a pass or a fail and nothing in between. I hope that these quotes will show you how to look at ‘failure’ in a more positive and constructive way.
I also hope that these quotes will inspire you to take action, have more belief in yourself, stop thinking that everything needs to be perfect and enjoy the important lessons that life has in store for you.
1. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. ― Winston Churchill
2. Winners never quit. And quitters never win. ― Vince Lombardi
3. When you believe in your dream and your vision, then it begins to attract its own resources. No one was born to be a failure. ― Myles Munroe
4. A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success. ― Elbert Hubbard
5. Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit. ― Napoleon Hill
6. Never let success get to your head; never let failure get to your heart.
7. Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again. ― Richard Branson
8. Success is due to our stretching to the challenges of life. Failure comes when we shrink from them. ― John C. Maxwell
9. If you didn’t succeed, it’s just as important to keep in mind that there has never been a success story without failure and lessons along the way. ― Eric Christian
10. You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try. ― Beverly Sills
11. I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. ― Thomas Edison
12. Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. ― Henry Ford
13. Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success. – Denis Waitley
14. Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable. ― Coco Chanel
15. A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying. ― B. F. Skinner
16. Every time you push through failure there’s always a prize for you on the other side. ― Barbara Corcoran
17. Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success. ― Dale Carnegie
18. There is no innovation and creativity without failure. Period. ― Brene Brown
19. The one who falls and gets up is stronger than the one who never tried. Do not fear failure but rather fear not trying. ― Roy T. Bennett
20. I really think a champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall. ― Serena Williams
21. Don’t bury your failures, let them inspire you. ― Robert Kiyosaki
22. Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly. ― John F. Kennedy
23. When we give ourselves permission to fail, we, at the same time, give ourselves permission to excel. ― Eloise Ristad
24. We can be truly successful only at something we’re willing to fail at. ― Mark Manson
25. I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying. ― Michael Jordan
26. Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. ― Albert Einstein
27. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. ― Og Mandino
28. If you learn from defeat, you haven’t really lost. ― Zig Ziglar
29. The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
30. For every failure, there’s an alternative course of action. You just have to find it. When you come to a roadblock, take a detour. ― Mary Kay Ash
31. Success or failure is caused more by mental attitude than by mental capacity. ― Walter Scott
32. Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail. ― Confucius
33. Every day is a chance to begin again. Don’t focus on the failures of yesterday, start today with positive thoughts and expectations. ― Catherine Pulsifer
34. When everything seems to be going against you remember that an airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. ― Henry Ford
35. I think failure is nothing more than life’s way of nudging you that you are off course. ― Sara Blakely
36. Often the difference between success and failure is belief. — Jon Gordon
37. It’s fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure. ― Bill Gates
38. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. ― Michael Jordan
39. Success is measured by how high you bounce when you hit bottom. ― George S. Patton
40. There is no such thing as failure. Only failure to learn. — Jim Kwik
41. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ― Samuel Beckett
42. Once you know what failure feels like, determination chases success. ― Kobe Bryant
43. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living. ― José N. Harris
44. What would you be glad you did – even if you failed? ― Brené Brown
45. Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. ― Thomas Edison
46. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure. ― Paulo Coelho
47. Losers quit when they fail. Winners fail until they succeed. ― Robert T. Kiyosaki
48. I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate. ― George Burns
49. I can’t give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time. ― Herbert Bayard Swope
50. Fear regret more than failure. ― Taryn Rose
I really hope that you enjoyed these powerful quotes about bouncing back and overcoming failure.