There are many different kinds of leaders, business leaders, political leaders, leaders in sports, religious leaders, motivational leaders and many more. What makes a great leader? The New Oxford Dictionary of English defines leadership as: ‘the action of leading a group of people or an organization.’
I think that the following collection of quotes perfectly define what makes a really great leader. I hope that these wonderful leadership quotes will both inspire and motivate you. I also hope that they give you an insight into to the type of attitude and mindset it takes to make a really great leader.
1. A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way. ― John C. Maxwell
2. Mountaintops inspire leaders but valleys mature them. ― Winston Churchill
3. The ability to learn is the most important quality a leader can have. ― Sheryl Sandberg
4. Communication is the most important skill any leader can possess. ― Richard Branson
5. Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position. ― Brian Tracy
6. The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things. ― Ronald Reagan
7. Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. ― Warren Buffett
8. Efficiency is doing the thing right. Effectiveness is doing the right thing. ― Peter Drucker
9. Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other. ― John F. Kennedy
10. A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well and to help those who are doing well to do even better. ― Jim Rohn
11. Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. ― Vince Lombardi
12. If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. ― Henry Ford
13. A great person attracts great people and knows how to hold them together. ― Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
14. Success is not how high you have climbed, but how you make a positive difference to the world. ― Roy T. Bennett
15. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. ― Aristotle
16. Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.
17. We cannot lead anyone farther than we have been ourselves. ― John C. Maxwell
18. It’s not about money or connections – it’s the willingness to outwork and out learn everyone. ― Mark Cuban
19. It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. ― Charles Darwin
20. Nothing else can quite substitute for a few well-chosen, well-timed, sincere words of praise. They’re absolutely free and worth a fortune. ― Sam Walton
21. I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. ― Alexander the Great
22. Great leaders inspire greatness in others. ― Lolly Daskal
23. Good leaders see more in people than people see in themselves. ― Mark Sanborn
24. A leader is a dealer in hope. ― Napoleon Bonaparte
25. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ― Maya Angelou
26. If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. ― John Quincy Adams
27. If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader. ― Dolly Parton
28. The supreme quality of leadership is integrity. ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
29. The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. ― William Arthur Ward
30. It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed. ― Napoleon Hill
31. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. ― Robert Louis Stevenson
32. We rise by lifting others. ― Robert Ingersoll
33. Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else. ― Sara Blakely
34. The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves. ― Ray Kroc
35. Leadership distilled down to 3 words: Make a difference. ― Robin Sharma
36. Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish. ― Sam Walton
37. I start with the premise that the function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers. ― Ralph Nader
38. Leaders don’t force people to follow. They Invite them on a journey.
39. The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority. ― Ken Blanchard
40. Leadership is not about titles, positions, or flow charts. It is about one life influencing another. ― John C. Maxwell
41. The employer generally gets the employees he deserves. ― J Paul Getty
42. All leaders are readers. ― Jim Rohn
43. The secret of leadership is simple: Do what you believe in. Paint a picture of the future. Go there. People will follow. ― Seth Godin
44. Leaders are neither born nor made. Leaders choose to be leaders. ― Stephen Covey
45. Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results, not attributes. ― Peter Drucker
46 Integrity is the most valuable and respected quality of leadership. Always keep your word. ― Brian Tracy
47. Earn your leadership every day. ― Michael Jordan
48. Leadership is a way of thinking, a way of acting and, most importantly, a way of communicating. ― Simon Sinek
49. Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen. ― Michael Jordan
50. Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
25 Wonderful Quotes From Big Magic
Author Elizabeth Gilbert has inspired and empowered people from all over the world through her books. In her best selling book Big Magic, Elizabeth Gilbert digs deep into her own generative process to share her wisdom and unique perspective about creativity.
Big Magic shows us how to tackle what we most love and how to face down what we most fear. The author discusses the attitudes, approaches and habits that we need in order to live our most creative lives.
I hope that you will enjoy this wonderful collection of quotes from Big Magic. I also hope that they will inspire you to believe in yourself, discover your unique gifts and follow your exciting path in life.
1. The universe buries strange jewels deep within us all, and then stands back to see if we can find them. ― Big Magic
2. You can measure your worth by your dedication to your path, not by your successes or failures. ― Big Magic
3. Each and every one of us is blessed with certain gifts. We often fail to notice it but we are all unique and gifted. Life is about finding these gifts and making the most of them. ― Big Magic
4. It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection. ― Big Magic
5. One of the oldest and most generous tricks that the universe plays on human beings is to bury strange jewels within us all, and then stand back to see if we can ever find them. ― Big Magic
6. What is a creative living? Any life that is driven more strongly by curiosity than by fear. ― Big Magic
7. Successes and failures do not tell you anything about yourself. It is all a part of the journey. What really matters is your dedication to stay on the path. Your perseverance and the refusal to ever give up are the true measures of your worth. ― Big Magic
8. Your life is short and rare and amazing and miraculous, and you want to do really interesting things and make really interesting things while you’re still here. ― Big Magic
9. A creative life is an amplified life. It’s a bigger life, a happier life, an expanded life, and a hell of a lot more interesting life. ― Big Magic
10. Have a solid faith in your own capabilities. Spend as much time as you can creating delightful things. ― Big Magic
11. It’s a simple and generous rule of life that whatever you practice, you will improve at. ― Big Magic
12. What do you love doing so much that the words failure and success essentially become irrelevant? ― Big Magic
13. Don’t let go of your courage the moment things stop being easy or rewarding because that moment, that’s the moment when interesting begins. ― Big Magic
14. Whatever you do try not to dwell too long on your failures. Don’t conduct autopsies on your disasters, you don’t need to know what anything means. Own your disappointment, acknowledge it for what it is and move on. ― Big Magic
15. Keep your eyes open. Listen. Follow your curiosity. Ideas are constantly trying to get our attention. Let them know you’re available. ― Big Magic
16. If you’re alive, you’re a creative person. ― Big Magic
17. If you don’t have the courage, let’s try to get you some. Because creative living is a path for the brave. We all know this. And we all know that when courage dies, creativity dies with it. ― Big Magic
18. It might have been done before, but it hasn’t been done by you! ― Big Magic
19. Do whatever brings you to life, then. Follow your own fascinations, obsessions, and compulsions. Trust them. Create whatever causes a revolution in your heart. ― Big Magic
20. Everybody imitates before they can innovate. ― Big Magic
21. Live a long life making and doing really cool things the entire time. At the end of your days you can thank creativity for having blessed you with a charmed interesting passionate existence. ― Big Magic
22. This, I believe, is the central question upon which all creative living hinges: Do you have the courage to bring forth the treasures that are hidden within you? ― Big Magic
23. You do not need anybody’s permission to live a creative life. ― Big Magic
24. Don’t sit around waiting for passion to strike you. Keep working steadily and trust that creativity is always trying to find you even when you have lost sight of it. ― Big Magic
25. Do the things that make you feel alive. Follow your heart, your passions, and trust yourself as you do them. You only have one life so live it to the fullest and make the most of it. ― Big Magic
30 Beauty Quotes That You Will Enjoy
I hope that this wonderful collection of Beauty quotes will remind that beauty is all around of you if you just take the time to look for it.
I believe that beauty is in you, it is in your mind, it is in your heart, it can also be in what you say and what you do. Beauty is in nature, it is in your partner and it is in your friends and family.
Most importantly I also hope that these beauty quotes will inspire you and remind you to love and embrace who you are.
1. Beauty is not about looks, make up or clothes. True beauty comes from being yourself.
2. The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. ― Helen Keller
3. The most beautiful thing that you can wear is confidence. ― Blake Lively
4. Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. ― Kahlil Gibran
5. You are loved. You are wonderfully made. You are beautiful. You have purpose. You are a masterpiece.
6. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself. ― Coco Chanel
7. Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. ― Confucius
8. Outer beauty attracts, inner beauty captivates. ― Kate Angell
9. A thing of beauty is a joy forever. ― John Keats
10. The happier you are the more beautiful you become.
11. Be strong, be fearless, be beautiful. ― Misty Copeland
12. Just in case you need reminding, you are beautiful.
13. For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. ― Audrey Hepburn
14. Beauty is the illumination of your soul. ― John O’ Donohue
15. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. ― Eleanor Roosevelt
16. Your inner beauty never needs make up.
17. Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old. ― Franz Kafka
18. To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself. ― Thich Nhat Hanh
19. A smile is the most beautiful curve on a woman’s body.
20. Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical. ― Sophia Loren
21. You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life. ― Coco Chanel
22. Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God’s handwriting. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
23. Just be you, be beautiful and be comfortable in your own skin. ― Helen Edwards
24. True beauty comes from within.
25. Don’t cry over the past, it’s gone. Don’t stress about the future, it hasn’t arrived. Live in the present and make it beautiful.
26. Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. ― Rumi
27. Beauty is what you feel about yourself, not what you see in the mirror.
28. I’ve never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful.
29. Outer beauty pleases the Eye. Inner beauty captivates the Heart. ― Mandy Hale
30. Beauty is being comfortable and confident in your own skin. ― Iman
30 Freedom Quotes That Will Empower You
I hope that you will enjoy this wonderful collection of Freedom Quotes! I have carefully searched for the most inspirational quotes regarding freedom that I could find.
I hope that the following quotes about freedom will empower you to find your voice, embrace who you are, enjoy life and take action to achieve your exciting goals.
1. What then is freedom? The power to live as one wishes. ― Marcus Cicero
2. The moment you decide to forgive and let your negative feelings melt away, you are on the road to freedom. ― Jen Sincero
3. Life without liberty is like a body without spirit. ― Kahlil Gibran
4. The freedom to be yourself is a gift only you can give yourself but once you do, no one can take it away. ― Doe Zantamata
5. The secret of happiness is freedom, the secret of freedom is courage.
6. Authentic freedom is actually the freedom of knowing who you are, why you are here, your purpose in life and where you are going when you leave here. ― Wayne Dyer
7. A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. ― Jim Morrison
8. We are driven by five genetic needs: Survival, Love, Belonging, Power, Freedom, and Fun. ― William Glasser
9. Freedom is the will to be responsible to ourselves. ― Friedrich Nietzsche
10. When I discover who I am, I’ll be free. ― Ralph Ellison
11. Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. ― Ronald Reagan
12. Freedom is being yourself without permission.
13. For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others. ― Nelson Mandela
14. True freedom is impossible without a mind made free by discipline. ― Mortimer Adler
15. I stand for freedom of expression, doing what you believe in, and going after your dreams. ― Madonna
16. If you want to fly, you need to give up the things that weigh you down.
17. I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. ― Thomas Jefferson
18. I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will. ― Charlotte Brontë
19. When you come to the point where you don’t need to impress anyone, your freedom will begin.
20. Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. ― John F. Kennedy
21. In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved. ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
22. Freedom comes when you stop caring about what others think of you.
23. Education is the key to unlock the golden door to freedom. ― George Washington Carver
24. Better to die fighting for freedom than be a prisoner all the days of your life. ― Bob Marley
25. Be yourself! People don’t have to like you and you don’t have to care.
26. Freedom is the right to live as we wish. ― Epictetus
27. I’m a big advocate of freedom: freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of thought. ― Jimmy Wales
28. Freedom is the oxygen of the soul. ― Moshe Dayan
29. Freedom is found when we let go of who we’re supposed to be and embrace who we really are.
30. Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. ― Mahatma Gandhi