50 Highly Inspirational Leadership Quotes
There are many different kinds of leaders, business leaders, political leaders, leaders in sports, religious leaders, motivational leaders and many more. What makes a great leader? The New Oxford Dictionary of English defines leadership as: ‘the action of leading a group of people or an organization.’
I think that the following collection of Leadership quotes perfectly define what makes a really great leader.
I hope that these wonderful Leadership Quotes will both inspire and motivate you. I also hope that they give you an insight into to the type of attitude and mindset that it takes to make a really great leader.
1. A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way. ― John C. Maxwell
2. Mountaintops inspire leaders but valleys mature them. ― Winston Churchill
3. The ability to learn is the most important quality a leader can have. ― Sheryl Sandberg
4. Communication is the most important skill any leader can possess. ― Richard Branson
5. Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position. ― Brian Tracy
6. The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things. ― Ronald Reagan
7. Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. ― Warren Buffett
8. Efficiency is doing the thing right. Effectiveness is doing the right thing. ― Peter Drucker
9. Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other. ― John F. Kennedy
10. A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well and to help those who are doing well to do even better. ― Jim Rohn
11. Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. ― Vince Lombardi
12. If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. ― Henry Ford
13. A great person attracts great people and knows how to hold them together. ― Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
14. Success is not how high you have climbed, but how you make a positive difference to the world. ― Roy T. Bennett
15. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. ― Aristotle
16. Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.
17. We cannot lead anyone farther than we have been ourselves. ― John C. Maxwell
18. It’s not about money or connections – it’s the willingness to outwork and out learn everyone. ― Mark Cuban
19. It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. ― Charles Darwin
20. Nothing else can quite substitute for a few well-chosen, well-timed, sincere words of praise. They’re absolutely free and worth a fortune. ― Sam Walton
21. I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. ― Alexander the Great
22. Great leaders inspire greatness in others. ― Lolly Daskal
23. Good leaders see more in people than people see in themselves. ― Mark Sanborn
24. A leader is a dealer in hope. ― Napoleon Bonaparte
25 of 50 Leadership Quotes
I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ― Maya Angelou
26. If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. ― John Quincy Adams
27. If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader. ― Dolly Parton
28. The supreme quality of leadership is integrity. ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
29. The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. ― William Arthur Ward
30. It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed. ― Napoleon Hill
31. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. ― Robert Louis Stevenson
32. We rise by lifting others. ― Robert Ingersoll
33. Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else. ― Sara Blakely
34. The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves. ― Ray Kroc
35. Leadership distilled down to 3 words: Make a difference. ― Robin Sharma
36. Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish. ― Sam Walton
37. I start with the premise that the function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers. ― Ralph Nader
38. Leaders don’t force people to follow. They Invite them on a journey.
39. The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority. ― Ken Blanchard
40. Leadership is not about titles, positions, or flow charts. It is about one life influencing another. ― John C. Maxwell
41. The employer generally gets the employees he deserves. ― J Paul Getty
42. All leaders are readers. ― Jim Rohn
43. The secret of leadership is simple: Do what you believe in. Paint a picture of the future. Go there. People will follow. ― Seth Godin
44. Leaders are neither born nor made. Leaders choose to be leaders. ― Stephen Covey
45. Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results, not attributes. ― Peter Drucker
46 Integrity is the most valuable and respected quality of leadership. Always keep your word. ― Brian Tracy
47. Earn your leadership every day. ― Michael Jordan
48. Leadership is a way of thinking, a way of acting and, most importantly, a way of communicating. ― Simon Sinek
49. Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen. ― Michael Jordan
50. Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
The above collection of Leadership Quotes serve as powerful reminders of the qualities and characteristics that are essential for effective leadership.
I hope that these quotes will inspire you as a leader to strive for excellence, lead with integrity and always put the needs of your team members first.
By incorporating these powerful Leadership quotes into our daily lives, we can all become better leaders and make a positive impact on those around us.
Remember, true leadership is not about power or status, but about serving others and making a real difference in the world.