There are many different kinds of leaders, business leaders, political leaders, leaders in sports, religious leaders, motivational leaders and many more. What makes a great leader? The New Oxford Dictionary of English defines leadership as: ‘the action of leading a group of people or an organization.’
I think that the following collection of quotes perfectly define what makes a really great leader. I hope that these wonderful leadership quotes will both inspire and motivate you. I also hope that they give you an insight into to the type of attitude and mindset it takes to make a really great leader.
1. A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way. ― John C. Maxwell
2. Mountaintops inspire leaders but valleys mature them. ― Winston Churchill
3. The ability to learn is the most important quality a leader can have. ― Sheryl Sandberg
4. Communication is the most important skill any leader can possess. ― Richard Branson
5. Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position. ― Brian Tracy
6. The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things. ― Ronald Reagan
7. Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. ― Warren Buffett
8. Efficiency is doing the thing right. Effectiveness is doing the right thing. ― Peter Drucker
9. Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other. ― John F. Kennedy
10. A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well and to help those who are doing well to do even better. ― Jim Rohn
11. Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. ― Vince Lombardi
12. If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. ― Henry Ford
13. A great person attracts great people and knows how to hold them together. ― Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
14. Success is not how high you have climbed, but how you make a positive difference to the world. ― Roy T. Bennett
15. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. ― Aristotle
16. Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.
17. We cannot lead anyone farther than we have been ourselves. ― John C. Maxwell
18. It’s not about money or connections – it’s the willingness to outwork and out learn everyone. ― Mark Cuban
19. It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. ― Charles Darwin
20. Nothing else can quite substitute for a few well-chosen, well-timed, sincere words of praise. They’re absolutely free and worth a fortune. ― Sam Walton
21. I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. ― Alexander the Great
22. Great leaders inspire greatness in others. ― Lolly Daskal
23. Good leaders see more in people than people see in themselves. ― Mark Sanborn
24. A leader is a dealer in hope. ― Napoleon Bonaparte
25. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ― Maya Angelou
26. If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. ― John Quincy Adams
27. If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader. ― Dolly Parton
28. The supreme quality of leadership is integrity. ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
29. The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. ― William Arthur Ward
30. It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed. ― Napoleon Hill
31. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. ― Robert Louis Stevenson
32. We rise by lifting others. ― Robert Ingersoll
33. Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else. ― Sara Blakely
34. The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves. ― Ray Kroc
35. Leadership distilled down to 3 words: Make a difference. ― Robin Sharma
36. Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish. ― Sam Walton
37. I start with the premise that the function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers. ― Ralph Nader
38. Leaders don’t force people to follow. They Invite them on a journey.
39. The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority. ― Ken Blanchard
40. Leadership is not about titles, positions, or flow charts. It is about one life influencing another. ― John C. Maxwell
41. The employer generally gets the employees he deserves. ― J Paul Getty
42. All leaders are readers. ― Jim Rohn
43. The secret of leadership is simple: Do what you believe in. Paint a picture of the future. Go there. People will follow. ― Seth Godin
44. Leaders are neither born nor made. Leaders choose to be leaders. ― Stephen Covey
45. Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results, not attributes. ― Peter Drucker
46 Integrity is the most valuable and respected quality of leadership. Always keep your word. ― Brian Tracy
47. Earn your leadership every day. ― Michael Jordan
48. Leadership is a way of thinking, a way of acting and, most importantly, a way of communicating. ― Simon Sinek
49. Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen. ― Michael Jordan
50. Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
John Demartini Quotes That Will Inspire You
John Demartini is a speaker, author and the founder of the Demartini Institute. He is considered as one of the world’s leading authorities on human behavior and leadership development.
John Demartini’s mission and vision is to share knowledge and wisdom that will empower you to become a master of your own life and destiny.
His education curriculum ranges from personal growth seminars to corporate empowerment programs. He shares life, business, financial, relationship and leadership empowerment strategies with people from all over the world.
I hope that you will enjoy this collection of inspirational John Demartini Quotes.
1. As little as five or ten minutes a day can be all that it takes to achieve your desires. If you focus yourself and seriously study a specific language or subject, you can eventually master it. ― John Demartini
2. When the voice and the vision on the inside is more profound, and more clear and loud than all opinions on the outside, you’ve begun to master your life. ― John Demartini
3. Our health is what we make of it – give it attention and it improves, give it none and it subsides. ― John Demartini
4. Did you know that if you read for just 30 minutes a day on a particular subject, in seven years you can be a leader in that subject? ― John Demartini
5. Give yourself permission to do something extraordinary and amazing on planet Earth. Acknowledge that you have and can do whatever it takes. You would not be given true and inspiring dream without the potential to fulfill it. ― John Demartini
6. The moment you realize you already have everything you’re looking for, the universe gives it to you. ― John Demartini
7. If you don’t have a cause bigger than yourself, you won’t get beyond yourself. ― John Demartini
8. Listen to the wisdom of your heart and then use the sound reason of your mind to strategize and plan out the life you truly desire and deserve. ― John Demartini
9. If you don’t know where you are going, you will end up somewhere else. Your best chance of ending up where you would love to be is to know precisely where you are going. ― John Demartini
10. If we do not fill our days with high priority actions they will fill with low priority actions. ― John Demartini
11. The very thing that someone told you that you would never be able to do may just be the very thing you are destined to do. ― John Demartini
12. Until you value yourself, you can’t expect anyone else to do so. ― John Demartini
13. When you are grateful for what you have you get more to be grateful for. You life is fulfilled to the degree of your gratitude. ― John Demartini
14. Whatever we think about and thank about we bring about. ― John Demartini
15. When opportunities arise to express love and gratitude, take advantage of them and don’t let these moments slip by. ― John Demartini
16. When you follow the dream in your heart, you’re energized, inspired & motivated. ― John Demartini
17. Wisdom is looking back at your life and realising that every single event, person, place and idea was part of the perfected experience you needed to build your dream. Not one was a mistake. ― John Demartini
18. Count your blessings each night and end your day with thanks. Faster that any state of mind, gratitude can transform stress into success. ― John Demartini
19. The reality is that whatever you are looking for is, at the same time, looking for you. It all starts with believing before seeing. ― John Demartini
20. Your inner-most dominant thoughts become your outer-most tangible reality. ― John Demartini
25 Motivational Image Quotes That You Will Enjoy
I really hope that you will enjoy this collection of image quotes that I have put together for you. We all need a boost from time to time to lift our mood and help us to feel positive and confident about ourselves.
I hope that you take just a few minutes out of your day today to read the following quotes. You know more than anyone else what struggles and difficult times that you have been through in the past. You also know that you have the mindset and the strength to bounce back from whatever life can throw at you.
I believe in you, but most importantly you have to believe in yourself. Have a wonderful day!
1. One day you will thank yourself for never giving up.
2. People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
3. In life you have 3 choices: Give up, Give in or Give it all that you’ve got!
4. It is not happy people who are thankful.
It is thankful people who are happy.
5. Stay strong: One day you will look back and say “I made it”
6. When the wrong people leave your life, the right things start to happen.
7. Sometimes we are tested, not to show our weakness, but discover our strengths.
8. The only people who deserve to be in your life are the ones who treat you with love, kindness and respect.
9. Don’t let anyone who hasn’t been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces.
10. If you get tired, learn to rest not quit.
11. Enjoy life, you never know how much time you have left.
12. They said I changed a lot. I said a lot changed me.
13. This is a shout out to anyone who hasn’t felt okay lately, but you still get up every day and refuse to quit. Stay Strong.
14. Time decides who you meet in your life, your heart decides who you want in your life and your behavior decides who stays in your life.
15. When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.
16. To whoever is reading this. I hope that something wonderful happens to you today.
17. Wrinkles mean you laughed. Grey hairs mean you cared and scars mean you lived.
18. Sometimes you must get lost in order to find yourself.
19. Nothing is permanent in this world, not even our troubles. – Charlie Chaplin
20. It might take a year, it might take a day, but what’s meant to be will always find it’s way.
21. If you believe in yourself. Anything is possible.
22. Remember, you can always start again.
23. Never lose hope! Tomorrow could be the day you have been waiting for.
24. May your next tears, be tears of joy.
25. New day. New thoughts. New strength. New possibilities.
Greatest Collection Of Summer Quotes
What is your favorite time of the year? Some people enjoy winter and all the magic that Christmas brings, others prefer Spring and see how nature bursts back into life after winter. Some enjoy the cooler temperatures that Autumn brings and enjoy the beauty of the different colors of the leaves on the trees.
My favorite time of the year is the summer. I love the brighter mornings and the longer evenings. I also enjoy the summer as it is usually when I take a vacation and I get to spend more time to recharge, enjoy nature and really soak up the sun.
To get you in the mood for the summer, I have put together this great collection of summer quotes.
1. Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink in the wild air. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June. ― Al Bernstein
3. If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance. ― Bernard Williams
4. To lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time. ― John Lubbock
5. I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket. ― Kellie Elmore
6. I want to vacation so long, I forget all my passwords. ― Unknown
7. One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by. ― Jeannette Walls
8. One must maintain a little bit of summer, even in the middle of winter. ― Henry David Thoreau
9. A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows. ― St. Francis of Assisi
10. A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawnmower is broken. ― James Dent
11. Let’s sit on a rooftop at 2 am, feel the summer breeze sweep across our cheek and talk about our dreams.
12. It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside. ― Maud Hart Lovelace
13. Summer. When the days get longer, the stars shine brighter, your hair gets lighter, the water gets warmer, the music gets louder and life gets better. ― Unknown
14. A life without love is like a year without summer. ― Swedish proverb
15. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. ― Jenny Han
16. Yellow butterflies look like flowers flying through the warm summer air. ― Andrea Willis
17. Summer is the annual permission slip to be lazy. To do nothing and have it count for something. To lie in the grass and count the stars. To sit on a branch and study the clouds. ― Regina Brett
18. The beach isn’t a destination… it’s a mindset.
19. I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June. ― Lucy Maud Montgomery
20. At the beach, life is different. Time doesn’t move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun. ― Unknown