There are many different kinds of leaders, business leaders, political leaders, leaders in sports, religious leaders, motivational leaders and many more. What makes a great leader? The New Oxford Dictionary of English defines leadership as: ‘the action of leading a group of people or an organization.’
I think that the following collection of quotes perfectly define what makes a really great leader. I hope that these wonderful leadership quotes will both inspire and motivate you. I also hope that they give you an insight into to the type of attitude and mindset it takes to make a really great leader.
1. A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way. ― John C. Maxwell
2. Mountaintops inspire leaders but valleys mature them. ― Winston Churchill
3. The ability to learn is the most important quality a leader can have. ― Sheryl Sandberg
4. Communication is the most important skill any leader can possess. ― Richard Branson
5. Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position. ― Brian Tracy
6. The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things. ― Ronald Reagan
7. Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. ― Warren Buffett
8. Efficiency is doing the thing right. Effectiveness is doing the right thing. ― Peter Drucker
9. Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other. ― John F. Kennedy
10. A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well and to help those who are doing well to do even better. ― Jim Rohn
11. Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. ― Vince Lombardi
12. If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. ― Henry Ford
13. A great person attracts great people and knows how to hold them together. ― Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
14. Success is not how high you have climbed, but how you make a positive difference to the world. ― Roy T. Bennett
15. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. ― Aristotle
16. Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.
17. We cannot lead anyone farther than we have been ourselves. ― John C. Maxwell
18. It’s not about money or connections – it’s the willingness to outwork and out learn everyone. ― Mark Cuban
19. It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. ― Charles Darwin
20. Nothing else can quite substitute for a few well-chosen, well-timed, sincere words of praise. They’re absolutely free and worth a fortune. ― Sam Walton
21. I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. ― Alexander the Great
22. Great leaders inspire greatness in others. ― Lolly Daskal
23. Good leaders see more in people than people see in themselves. ― Mark Sanborn
24. A leader is a dealer in hope. ― Napoleon Bonaparte
25. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ― Maya Angelou
26. If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. ― John Quincy Adams
27. If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader. ― Dolly Parton
28. The supreme quality of leadership is integrity. ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
29. The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. ― William Arthur Ward
30. It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed. ― Napoleon Hill
31. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. ― Robert Louis Stevenson
32. We rise by lifting others. ― Robert Ingersoll
33. Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else. ― Sara Blakely
34. The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves. ― Ray Kroc
35. Leadership distilled down to 3 words: Make a difference. ― Robin Sharma
36. Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish. ― Sam Walton
37. I start with the premise that the function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers. ― Ralph Nader
38. Leaders don’t force people to follow. They Invite them on a journey.
39. The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority. ― Ken Blanchard
40. Leadership is not about titles, positions, or flow charts. It is about one life influencing another. ― John C. Maxwell
41. The employer generally gets the employees he deserves. ― J Paul Getty
42. All leaders are readers. ― Jim Rohn
43. The secret of leadership is simple: Do what you believe in. Paint a picture of the future. Go there. People will follow. ― Seth Godin
44. Leaders are neither born nor made. Leaders choose to be leaders. ― Stephen Covey
45. Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results, not attributes. ― Peter Drucker
46 Integrity is the most valuable and respected quality of leadership. Always keep your word. ― Brian Tracy
47. Earn your leadership every day. ― Michael Jordan
48. Leadership is a way of thinking, a way of acting and, most importantly, a way of communicating. ― Simon Sinek
49. Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen. ― Michael Jordan
50. Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
25 Wonderful Quotes From The Alchemist
Paulo Coelho’s novel, The Alchemist is an inspirational story about a shepherd boy named Santiago who goes on a quest to find buried treasure near the pyramids – what he discovers on his journey ends up to be much more satisfying and life changing than gold.
The main theme of The Alchemist is to follow your heart and dreams; and that when you really want something, the whole universe will conspire so that your dreams will come true.
The Alchemist has sold more than 60 million copies and has topped the bestseller list in over 70 countries. It continues to inspire people from all over the world.
I have put together my favorite collection of quotes from The Alchemist that I hope you will really enjoy.
1. If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello. — Paulo Coelho
2. Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure. — Paulo Coelho
3. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure. — Paulo Coelho
4. Ever since time began, people have recognized their true love by the light in their eyes. — Paulo Coelho
5. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too. — Paulo Coelho
6. To realize one’s destiny is a person’s only obligation. — Paulo Coelho
7. When each day is the same as the next, it’s because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises. — Paulo Coelho
8. When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it. — Paulo Coelho
9. Never stop dreaming. — Paulo Coelho
10. The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them. — Paulo Coelho
11. People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of. — Paulo Coelho
12. There is only one way to learn. It’s through action. Everything you need to know you have learned through your journey. — Paulo Coelho
13. All things are one. — Paulo Coelho
14. People are afraid to pursue their most important dreams because they feel that they don’t deserve them, or that they’ll be unable to achieve them. — Paulo Coelho
15. Everyone on earth has a treasure that awaits him. — Paulo Coelho
16. It’s one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it’s another to think that yours is the only path. — Paulo Coelho
17. The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight. — Paulo Coelho
18. If it’s still in your mind, it is worth taking the risk. — Paulo Coelho
19. Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself, and no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams. — Paulo Coelho
20. It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting. — Paulo Coelho
21. When you can’t go back, you have to worry only about the best way of moving forward. — Paulo Coelho
22. You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it’s better to listen to what it has to say. — Paulo Coelho
23. No one should feel afraid of the unknown, because everyone is capable of achieving everything he wants and needs. — Paulo Coelho
24. Don’t give in to your fears. If you do, you won’t be able to talk to your heart. — Paulo Coelho
25. I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you. — Paulo Coelho
25 T Harv Eker Quotes About Success
T. Harv Eker is a New York Times best selling author and speaker. He has inspired thousands of people to follow their financial goals by helping them to change their blueprint for success and wealth.
T. Harv Eker is the author of the best-selling book, Secrets of the Millionaire Mind which appeared on the New York Times bestseller list and was #1 on the Wall Street Journal’s business-book list.
T. Harv Eker believes that we all have a personal money blueprint ingrained in our subconscious minds, and it is this blueprint, more than anything else, that will determine our financial lives.
He has traveled the world teaching over 1 million people how to change their mindset in order to live a more successful life and become financially free.
I hope that you will enjoy this powerful collection of T.Harv Eker Quotes.
1. If you want to change the fruits, you will first have to change the roots. If you want to change the visible, you must first change the invisible. – T. Harv Eker
2. If you want to make a permanent change, stop focusing on the size of your problems and start focusing on the size of you! – T. Harv Eker
3. Helping people grow and achieve their dreams is the fastest route to success. – T. Harv Eker
4. If you are willing to do only what’s easy, life will be hard. But if you are willing to do what’s hard, life will be easy. – T. Harv Eker
5. Part of your mission in life then must be to share your gifts with as many people as possible. – T. Harv Eker
6. Rich people play the money game to win. Poor people play the money game to not lose. – T. Harv Eker
7. It’s not enough to be in the right place at the right time. You have to be the right person in the right place at the right time. – T. Harv Eker
8. Practice being in the present. Do what you’re doing 100%. – T. Harv Eker
9. The single biggest difference between financial success and financial failure is how well you manage your money. It’s simple: to master money, you must manage money. – T. Harv Eker
10. What you focus on expands. Focus on the positive. – T. Harv Eker
11. The biggest obstacle to wealth is fear. People are afraid to think big, but if you think small, you’ll only achieve small things. – T. Harv Eker
12. The number one reason most people don’t get what they want is that they don’t know what they want. – T. Harv Eker
13. Money is a result, wealth is a result, health is a result, illness is a result, your weight is a result. We live in a world of cause and effect. – T. Harv Eker
14. Your field of focus determines what you find in life. – T. Harv Eker
15. If you want to move to a new level in your life, you must break through your comfort zone and practice doing things that are not comfortable. – T. Harv Eker
16. Rich people believe: I create my life. Poor people believe: Life happens to me. – T. Harv Eker
17. Money will only make you more of what you already are. – T. Harv Eker
18. Training and managing your own mind is the most important skill you could ever own, in terms of both happiness and success. – T. Harv Eker
19. The only time you are actually growing is when you are uncomfortable. – T. Harv Eker
20. The purpose of our lives is to add value to the people of this generation and those that follow. – T. Harv Eker
21. Thoughts lead to feelings. Feelings lead to actions. Actions leads to results. – T. Harv Eker
22. The first element of change is awareness. You can’t change something unless you know it exists. – T. Harv Eker
23. If you want to move to a higher level of life, you have to be willing to let go of some of your old ways of thinking and being and adopt new ones. – T. Harv Eker
24. The mark of true wealth is determined by how much one can give away. – T. Harv Eker
25. Keep your eye on the goal, keep moving toward your target. – T. Harv Eker
25 Motivational Lou Holtz Quotes
Lou Holtz is a former American football player, coach and analyst. He is one of college football’s most success coaches. He is the only coach to guide four different teams to top 20 finishes, and the only college football coach to lead six different teams to bowl games.
Lou Holtz was the Head Coach for the NFL team, the New York Jets in 1976 and was a college football analyst for CBS and ESPN.
He has also written several New York Times best selling books. In 2008 Lou Holtz was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame.
I hope that this wonderful collection of Lou Holtz Quotes will inspire and motivate you.
1. You must have dreams and goals if you are ever going to achieve anything in this world. – Lou Holtz
2. If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven’t done anything today. – Lou Holtz
3. You were not born a winner, you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself to be. – Lou Holtz
4. I never learn anything talking. I only learn things when I ask questions. – Lou Holtz
5. If you’re bored with life – you don’t get up every morning with a burning desire to do things – you don’t have enough goals. – Lou Holtz
6. You need four things in your life:
Everybody needs something to do.
Everybody needs some one to love.
Everybody needs someone to believe in.
You need something to hope for. – Lou Holtz
7. Remember. Every day, some ordinary person does something extraordinary. Today, it’s your turn. – Lou Holtz
8. Everybody is looking for instant success, but it doesn’t work that way. You build a successful life one day at a time. – Lou Holtz
9. There is never a right time to do the wrong thing, and there is never a wrong time to do the right thing. – Lou Holtz
10. Don’t be a spectator, don’t let life pass you by. – Lou Holtz
11. Don’t tell your problems to people: eighty percent don’t care; and the other twenty percent are glad you have them. – Lou Holtz
12. Virtually nothing is impossible in this world if you just put your mind to it and maintain a positive attitude. – Lou Holtz
13. Without self-discipline, success is impossible. Period. – Lou Holtz
14. I think everyone should experience defeat at least once during their career. You learn a lot from it. – Lou Holtz
15. Winners and losers aren’t born, they are the products of how they think. – Lou Holtz
16. God answers prayers, but he doesn’t always answer it your way. – Lou Holtz
17. Don’t ever promise more than you can deliver, but always deliver more than you promise. – Lou Holtz
18. Nothing on this earth is standing still. It’s either growing or it’s dying. No matter if it’s a tree or a human being. – Lou Holtz
19. No one has ever drowned in sweat. – Lou Holtz
20. You’re never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you’re never as bad as they say when you lose. – Lou Holtz
21. Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. – Lou Holtz
22. Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it. – Lou Holtz
23. Do right. Do your best. Treat others as you want to be treated. – Lou Holtz
24. I think that we have opportunities all around us. Sometimes we just don’t recognize them. – Lou Holtz
25. Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity. – Lou Holtz