I hope that you will enjoy the following wonderful collection of John Maxwell Quotes.
John Maxwell is an author, speaker and pastor. He is also a highly sought after leadership coach. John Maxwell was named as one of the best inspirational coaches in the world.
His books on leadership have sold millions of copies worldwide and many have been on the New York Times bestseller list. I have put together for you my favorite John Maxwell quotes on life and leadership skills.
If you enjoy these wonderful John C Maxwell quotes, I highly recommend watching John’s great videos on YouTube and follow his Facebook page for wisdom from the man himself.
1. “Growth inside fuels growth outside.” – John Maxwell
2. “You don’t overcome challenges by making them smaller but by making yourself bigger.” – John Maxwell
3. “If you start today to do the right thing, you are already a success even if it doesn’t show yet.” – John Maxwell
4. “If you want to be a leader, the good news is that you can do it. Everyone has the potential, but it isn’t accomplished overnight. It requires perseverance.” – John Maxwell
5. “Leadership is not about titles, positions or flowcharts. It is about one life influencing another.” – John Maxwell
6. “The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one.” – John Maxwell
7. “Doing the right thing daily, compounds over time.” – John Maxwell
8. “The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” – John Maxwell
9. “Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” – John Maxwell
John Maxwell Quotes
10. “Talent is a gift, but character is a choice.” – John Maxwell
11. “Positive thinking must be followed by positive doing.” – John Maxwell
12. “Learn to say ‘no’ to the good so you can say ‘yes’ to the best.” – John Maxwell
13. “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” – John Maxwell
14. “Failing forward is the ability to get back up after you’ve been knocked down, learn from your mistake, and move forward in a better direction.” – John Maxwell
15. “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” – John Maxwell
16. “Success is…knowing your purpose in life, growing to reach your maximum potential, and sowing seeds that benefit others.” – John Maxwell
17. “A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” – John Maxwell
18. “The timing of your decision is just as important as the decision you make.” – John Maxwell
19. “Often people fail to start or complete a task because they don’t see any connection between what they’re doing and what they really want to accomplish in life.” – John Maxwell
John C. Maxwell Quotes
20. “Leaders don’t rise to the pinnacle of success without developing the right set of attitudes and habits; they make every day a masterpiece.” – John Maxwell
21. “Reaching the top is a monumental achievement, but remaining there may be the most spectacular feat of all.” – John Maxwell
22. “Earn the right to be heard by listening to others. Seek to understand a situation before making judgments about it.” – John Maxwell
23. “Leaders never outgrow the need to change.” – John Maxwell
24. “The only guarantee for failure is to stop trying.” – John Maxwell
25. “To add value to others, one must first value others.” – John Maxwell
26. “There are two paths people can take. They can either play now and pay later, or pay now and play later. Regardless of the choice, one thing is certain. Life will demand a payment.” – John Maxwell
27. “If you don’t change the direction you are going, then you’re likely to end up where you’re heading.” – John Maxwell
28. “It’s true that charisma can make a person stand out for a moment, but character sets a person apart for a lifetime.” – John Maxwell
29. “Success is due to our stretching to the challenges of life. Failure comes when we shrink from them.” – John Maxwell
Inspirational John Maxwell Quotes
30. “People may hear your words, but they feel your attitude.” – John Maxwell
31. “If you don’t try to create the future you want, you must endure the future you get.” – John Maxwell
32. “Followers tell you what you want to hear. Leaders tell you what you need to hear.” – John Maxwell
33. “Life is a matter of choices, and every choice you make makes you.” – John Maxwell
34. “The challenge of leadership is to create change and facilitate growth.” – John Maxwell
35. “Leaders become great, not because of their power, but because of their ability to empower others.” – John Maxwell
36. “Dreams don’t work unless you do.” – John Maxwell
37. “Your attitude is either your best friend or your worst enemy, your greatest asset or your greatest liability.” – John Maxwell
38. “The more you do, the more you fail. The more you fail, the more you learn. The more you learn, the better you get.” – John Maxwell
39. “You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.”― John Maxwell
40. “A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit.” – John Maxwell
I really hope that you enjoyed reading this wonderful collection of John Maxwell Quotes.
The insightful and practical wisdom offered in the above John Maxwell quotes can inspire individuals to become more effective leaders, better communicators, and lifelong learners.
With his extensive research and experience in leadership, John Maxwell has shared a wealth of knowledge that can benefit anyone seeking personal and professional growth.
Regardless of your background or goals, the above motivational John Maxwell Quotes can guide you towards achieving success and making a meaningful difference in the world.
Watch this great short video below from John Maxwell on Staying Motivated and Achieving Greatness!