This collection of Teacher Quotes is in appreciation of the vital role that these wonderful people have played in shaping each of our lives.
Teachers play a huge role in the lives of their students. Teachers are those very special people who have molded our minds, opened our imagination and helped to shape our thoughts.
Great teachers have the gift and passion to help children reach their true potential.
We can all probably remember one or two teachers who have had a positive impact on us during those crucial learning years of our lives.
The following quotes about teachers will hopefully bring back some great memories from your days at school.
I hope that you will enjoy reading this collection of inspirational teacher quotes and that they show just how important and valuable these incredible people are.
1. A teacher is a compass that activates the magnets of curiosity, knowledge, and wisdom in the pupils. ― Ever Garrison
2. Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire.
3. If you can read this, thank a teacher!
4. One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. ― Carl Jung
5. The greatest gifts we can give our children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence. ― Maria Montessori
6. When educating the minds of our youth, we must not forget to educate their hearts. ― Dalai Lama
7. The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives. ― Robert M. Hutchins
8. A well educated mind will always have more questions than answers. ― Helen Keller
9. You can’t really teach a kid anything: you can only show him the way and motivate him to learn it himself. ― Dave Cullen
10. One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world. ― Malala Yousafzai
11. I touch the future. I teach. ― Christa McAuliffe
12. All students can learn and succeed, but not in the same way and not in the same day. ― William G. Spady
14. Teaching is the one profession that creates all other professions. ― Unknown
15. What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to a human soul. ― Joseph Addison
16. I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think. ― Socrates
17. The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you. ― B.B. King
18. The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. ― William Arthur Ward
19. Be the change you wish to see in the world. ― Gandhi
Quotes For Teachers
20. A good teacher is like a candle, it consumes itself to light the way for others. ― Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
21. Good teaching must be slow enough so that it is not confusing, and fast enough so that it is not boring. ― Sidney J. Harris
22. Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them. ― Lady Bird Johnson
23. If a child can’t learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn. ― Ignacio ‘Nacho’ Estrada
24. Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning. ― Robert John Meehan
25. The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don’t tell you what to see. ― Alexandra K. Trenfor
26. It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge. ― Albert Einstein
27. Teachers have three loves: love of learning, love of learners, and the love of bringing the first two loves together. ― Scott Hayden
28. Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers. ― Josef Albers
29. Teaching is an instinctual art, mindful of potential, craving of realizations, a pausing, seamless process. ― A. Bartlett Giamatti
30. Nine-tenths of education is encouragement. ― Anatole France
31. Teachers encourage minds to think, hands to create, and hearts to love.
32. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ― Maya Angelou
33. Summer vacation is the time when parents realize teachers are grossly underpaid. ― Unknown
34. Being able to help someone learn something is a talent. ― Margaret Riel
35. It takes a big heart to shape little minds. ― Unknown
36. The teachers task is to initiate the learning process and then get out of the way. ― John Warren
37. Those who know, do. Those who understand, teach. ― Aristotle
38. The fact that you worry about being a good teacher, means you already are one. ― Jodi Picoult
39. To teach is to learn twice. ― Joseph Joubert
Teacher Appreciation Quotes
40. Teachers can change lives with just the right mix of chalk and challenges. ― Joyce Meyer
41. What greater or better gift can we offer the republic than to teach and instruct our youth? ― Marcus Cicero
42. When we strive to become better teachers than we are, everyone in our classroom becomes better too. ― Robert John Meehan
43. Who dares to teach must never cease to learn. ― John Cotton Dana
44. The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book. ― Unknown
45. A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind and touches a heart. ― Unknown
46. Great teachers empathize with kids, respect them, and believe that each one has something special that can be built upon. ― Ann Lieberman
47. Students don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. ― John C. Maxwell
48. My teacher gave me the best gift of all… Believing in me!
49. Be a wonderful role model because you will be the window through which many children will see their future. ― Thomas McKinnon
50. To know how to suggest is the art of teaching. ― Henri Frédéric Amiel
51. The greatest sign of success for a teacher is to be able to say, ‘The children are now working as if I did not exist.” ― Maria Montessori
52. What greater joy can a teacher feel than to witness a child’s success? ― Michelle L. Graham
53. The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind. ― Khalil Gibran
54. No one should teach who is not in love with teaching. ― Margaret Elizabeth Sangster
55. Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best. ― Bob Talbert
56. I never teach my pupils, I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn. ― Albert Einstein
57. I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework. ― Lily Tomlin
58. Change is the end result of all true learning. ― Leo Buscaglia
59. Teaching is more than imparting knowledge; it is inspiring change. Learning is more than absorbing facts; it is acquiring understanding. ― William Arthur Ward
Inspirational Teacher Quotes
60. If you have to put someone on a pedestal, put teachers. They are society’s heroes. ― Guy Kawasaki
61. Not all superheros wear capes, some have teaching degrees. ― Unknown
62. Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students. ― Solomon Ortiz
63. Most of us end up with no more than five or six people who remember us. Teachers have thousands of people who remember them for the rest of their lives. ― Andy Rooney
64. What an educator does in teaching is to make it possible for the students to become themselves. ― Paulo Freire
65. Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all. ― Aristotle
66. I think the teaching profession contributes more to the future of our society than any other single profession. ― John Wooden
67. A truly special teacher is very wise and sees tomorrow in every child’s eyes. ― Unknown
68. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. ― Nelson Mandela
69. I was lucky that I met the right mentors and teachers at the right moment. ― James Levine
70. Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible. Learning is making it possible for yourself. ― Paulo Coelho
71. Without you, we would have been lost. Thank you teacher for guiding us, inspiring us and making us what we are today.
72. Children must be taught how to think, not what to think. ― Margaret Mead
73. The great aim of education is not knowledge but action. ― Herbert Spencer
74. Good teachers know how to bring out the best in students. ― Charles Kuralt
75. The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery. ― Mark Van Doren
76. The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows. ― Sydney J. Harris
77. Never stop learning. Never stop growing. ― Mel Robbins
78. A teacher’s job is to take a bunch of live wires and see that they are well-grounded. ― Darwin Martin
79. Everyone who remembers his own education remembers teachers, not methods and techniques. The teacher is the heart of the educational system. ― Sidney Hook
Motivational Teacher Quotes
80. A teacher is one who helps others and influences lives forever. ― Catherine Pulsifer
81. The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. ― Dr. Seuss
82. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. ― Benjamin Franklin
83. Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one. ― Malcolm Forbes
84. What a teacher writes on the blackboard of life can never be erased. ― Unknown
85. Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself. ― John Dewey
86. The principle goal of education in the schools should be creating men and women who are capable of doing new things, not simply repeating what other generations have done. ― Jean Piaget
87. A good teacher does something more than teaching; he makes you start learning. ― Raheel Faroog
88. Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being. ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
89. Teaching is a great way to keep learning. ― Matthea Harvey
90. A good teacher can inspire hope; ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning. ― Brad Henry
91. A teacher nourishes the soul of a child for a lifetime. ― Unknown
92. Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will. ― Vernon Howard
93. It’s the teacher that makes the difference, not the classroom.
94. Anyone who does anything to help a child in his life is a hero to me. ― Fred Rogers
95. A good education can change anyone. A good teacher can change everything.
I hope that you enjoyed reading this collection of inspirational Teacher Quotes.
Inspirational teacher quotes have the power to motivate and encourage both educators and students alike.
These words of wisdom serve as a reminder of the profound impact that teachers have on the lives of their students and the importance of their role in shaping future generations.
These Teacher quotes also highlight the importance of lifelong learning and the power that knowledge has to transform lives.
As we reflect on these words of wisdom, let us remember to value and appreciate the hard work and dedication of our teachers, who strive every day to make a difference in the lives of their students.