Inspirational Stephen Covey Quotes
I hope that you will enjoy the following collection of the very best Stephen Covey Quotes.
Stephen Covey was an American author, businessman, and popular keynote speaker. He was also the author of the best selling book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. This wonderful book was named the ‘most influential Business Book of the Twentieth Century’.
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People has empowered and inspired millions of readers since 1989 and has played a part in the positive transformation of millions of lives, across all age groups and professions.
In 1996, Time magazine named him as one of the 25 most influential people. Stephen Covey was also awarded eight honorary doctorates. I hope that you will enjoy this great collection of Stephen Covey Quotes.
Inspirational Stephen Covey Quotes
1. I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. – Stephen Covey
2. Just as we develop our physical muscles through overcoming opposition – such as lifting weights – we develop our character muscles by overcoming challenges and adversity. – Stephen Covey
3. Find your voice and inspire others to find theirs. – Stephen Covey
4. Goals are pure fantasy unless you have a specific plan to achieve them. – Stephen Covey
5. The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities. – Stephen Covey
6. You can retire from a job, but don’t ever retire from making extremely meaningful contributions in life. – Stephen Covey
7. Live out of your imagination, not your history. – Stephen Covey
8 of 45 Stephen Covey Quotes
While we cannot always choose what happens to us, we can choose our responses. – Stephen Covey
9. In relationships, the little things are the big things. – Stephen Covey
10. Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. – Stephen Covey
11. There’s no better way to inform and expand your mind on a regular basis than to get into the habit of reading good literature. – Stephen Covey
12. An empowered organization is one in which individuals have the knowledge, skill, desire, and opportunity to personally succeed in a way that leads to collective organizational success. – Stephen Covey
13. When your mission statement becomes your constitution, the solid expression of your vision and values. It becomes the criterion by which you measure everything else in your life. – Stephen Covey
14. I think the most significant work we’ll do in our whole life, in our whole world is done within the four walls of our home. – Stephen Covey
15 of 45 Motivational Stephen Covey Quotes
Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny. – Stephen Covey
16. Leadership is a choice, not a position. – Stephen Covey
17. Every human has four endowments – self awareness, conscience, independent will and creative imagination. These give us the ultimate human freedom… The power to choose, to respond, to change. – Stephen Covey
18. Be a light, not a judge. Be a model, not a critic. – Stephen Covey
19. Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important. – Stephen Covey
20. Live, love, laugh, leave a legacy. – Stephen Covey
21. There are three constants in life – change, choice and principles. – Stephen Covey
22. Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment. – Stephen Covey
23. Effective people are not problem-minded; they’re opportunity-minded. They feed opportunities and starve problems. – Stephen Covey
24 of 45 Stephen Covey Quotes
If I really want to improve my situation, I can work on the one thing over which I have control – myself. – Stephen Covey
25. The quality of our thoughts determine our actions and our actions develop our habit. Our habit create our character and our character forges our destiny. – Stephen Covey
26. Deep within each of us is an inner longing to live a life of greatness and contribution – to really matter, to really make a difference. We can consciously decide to leave behind a life of mediocrity and to life a life of greatness – at home, at work, and in the community. – Stephen Covey
27. What you do has far greater impact than what you say. – Stephen Covey
28. Seek to understand before you seek to be understood. – Stephen Covey
29. Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships. – Stephen Covey
30. You can’t change the fruit without changing the root. – Stephen Covey
31. Don’t argue for other people’s weaknesses. Don’t argue for your own. When you make a mistake, admit it, correct it, and learn from it- immediately. – Stephen Covey
32. If you wish to communicate effectively and to influence others, you would need to understand them first. And understanding can only come from listening. – Stephen Covey
33. To change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions. – Stephen Covey
34. If you want small changes in your life, work on your attitude. But if you want big and primary changes, work on your paradigm. – Stephen Covey
35 of 45 Inspirational Stephen Covey Quotes
Be a part of the solution, not part of the problem. – Stephen Covey
36. How you treat the one reveals how you regard the many, because everyone is ultimately a one. – Stephen Covey
37. To achieve goals you’ve never achieved before, you need to start doing things you’ve never done before. – Stephen Covey
38. At some time in your life, you probably had someone believe in you when you didn’t believe in yourself. – Stephen Covey
39. The key is taking responsibility and initiative, deciding what your life is about and prioritizing your life around the most important things. – Stephen Covey
40. Every time you think the problem is ‘out there’ that very thought is the problem. – Stephen Covey
41. We get results based on what we do, and what we do depends on how we see the world around us. – Stephen Covey
42. If we keep doing what we’re doing, we’re going to keep getting what we’re getting. – Stephen Covey
43. You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage—pleasantly, smilingly, non-apologetically, to say “no” to other things. And the way you do that is by having a bigger “yes” burning inside. The enemy of the “best” is often the “good.” – Stephen Covey
44. The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing. – Stephen Covey
45. Motivation is a fire from within. If someone tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly. – Stephen Covey
I hope that you really enjoyed reading these wonderful Stephen Covey Quotes.
The above collection of Stephen Covey quotes remind us of the importance of personal growth, good communication and effective leadership.
His quotes continue to inspire and motivate anyone who is seeking to improve themselves and their relationships with others.
These Stephen Covey Quotes also serve as a powerful reminder for us all to prioritize our values, listen carefully to those around us and to continually work to become the very best versions of ourselves.