Helen Keller was an American author, lecturer and political activist. Although Helen Keller lost her sight and hearing at an early age, she lived a long, productive and inspiring life.
Helen Keller was a pacifist and a strong advocate for women’s rights. She also traveled to over 30 countries during her lifetime to support the rights of the blind. In 1920, she helped found the American Civil Liberties Union.
During her lifetime, Helen Keller received many honors in recognition of her accomplishments, including the Theodore Roosevelt Distinguished Service Medal in 1936, the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1964, and was elected to the Women’s Hall of Fame in 1965.
I hope that you will enjoy this collection of my favorite Helen Keller Quotes.
18 Best Helen Keller Quotes
1. Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. – Helen Keller
2. Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it. – Helen Keller
3. Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. – Helen Keller
4. The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision. – Helen Keller
5. When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us. – Helen Keller
6 of 18 Helen Keller Quotes
Happiness does not come from without, it comes from within. – Helen Keller
7. If we do not like our work, and do not try to get happiness out of it, we are a menace to our profession as well as to ourselves. – Helen Keller
8. No one has a right to consume happiness without producing it. – Helen Keller
9. Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye. – Helen Keller
10. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. – Helen Keller
11. Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. – Helen Keller
12 of 18 Best Helen Keller Quotes
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light. – Helen Keller
13. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement; nothing can be done without hope. – Helen Keller
14. Life is either a great adventure or nothing. – Helen Keller
15. We are never really happy until we try to brighten the lives of others. – Helen Keller
16. What I am looking for is not out there, it is in me. – Helen Keller
17. The highest result of education is tolerance. – Helen Keller
18. We can do anything we want if we stick to it long enough. – Helen Keller
I hope that you enjoyed these wonderful Helen Keller quotes.