I really hope that you will enjoy reading this wonderful collection of Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes.
Eleanor Roosevelt was an author, humanitarian, diplomat, champion of social causes and wife of President Franklin D. Roosevelt. She was also a delegate to the United Nations General Assembly, and chair of the U.N.’s Human Rights Commission when she would help to draft the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Eleanor Roosevelt is regarded as one of the most influential first ladies in the history of the United States. She was the niece of President Theodore Roosevelt, and she was the longest serving first lady of the United States.
The following collection of Eleanor Roosevelt quotes are some of my very favorite quotes.
Inspirational Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes
1. “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
3. “One’s philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
4. “I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
5. “You must do the things you think you cannot do.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
6. “Life must be lived and curiosity kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
7. “Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
8. “Do the things that interest you and do them with all your heart.”― Eleanor Roosevelt
9. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
10 of 20 Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes
“Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
11. “A stumbling-block to the pessimist is a stepping-stone to the optimist.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
12. “It is not fair to ask of others what you are unwilling to do yourself.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
13. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste the experience to the utmost.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
14. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
15. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
16. “You can often change your circumstances by changing your attitude.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
17. “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness you are able to give.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
18. “For it isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
19. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
20. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
These Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes continue to inspire people across the world with their timeless relevance and wisdom.
Her quotes remind us that we all have the power to make a positive impact on the world, and that we should never stop fighting for what we believe in.
Eleanor Roosevelt’s quotes are a wonderful reminder for us that the power of the human spirit is limitless, and that we can all make a difference if we choose to do so.