I hope that the following quotes will help you to be more calm, relaxed and feel less stressed. We all know that stress is bad for our health. Some of the side effects of stress are high blood pressure, heart disease, obesity and diabetes.
Many people suffer with stress from financial setbacks, health problems, workplace challenges etc, but we have a choice, we can let stress consume us or we can try to be more calm, take control and fight it.
We need to accept that sometimes stress is a part of life. We need to put the stress that we are feeling into perspective and get into the habit of replacing negative thoughts with more positive ones and be proud of our achievements and have more belief in ourselves.
To help you in the fight against stress and feel more calm, I have complied 30 of the very best calming quotes to help you stress less. These inspiring and calming quotes are the perfect way to relax, unwind and find your inner chill.
30 Calming Quotes To Help You Stress Less
1. The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another. – William James
2. Stress is caused by being ‘here’ but wanting to be ‘there’. – Eckhart Tolle
3. Its not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it. – Hans Selye
4. How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then to rest afterwards. – Spanish proverb
5. Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor. – Thích Nhất Hạnh
6. More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgement. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate. – Roy T. Bennett
7. Rule number one is, don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it’s all small stuff. – Robert Eliot
8. Making fitness a priority will energize you, make you look and feel better, and help diffuse stress. – Helen Bowers
9. Stop focusing on how stressed you are and focus on how blessed you are.
10. When you find yourself stressed, ask yourself one question: Will this matter 5 years from now? If yes, then do something about the situation. If no, then let it go. – Cathrine Pulsifer
11. Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. – Chinese proverb
12 of 30 Calming Quotes
When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which never happened. – Winston Churchill
13. Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles, it takes away today’s peace.
14. If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath. – Amit Ray
15. Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have. – Robert Holden
16. Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organize your life around it. – Brian Tracy
17. One of the best ways to reduce stress is to accept the things that you cannot control. – M. P. Neary
18. Life is too short to stress yourself with people who don’t even deserve to be an issue in your life.
19. Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it. – Kahlil Gibran
20. The elimination diet: Remove anger, regret, resentment, guilt, blame, and worry. Then watch your health, and life, improve. – Charles F. Glassman
21. Today I refuse to stress myself out about things I cannot control or change.
22 of 30 Calming Quotes
For fast-acting relief, try slowing down. – Lily Tomlin
23. Stress, anxiety, and depression are caused when we are living to please others. – Paulo Coelho
24. Of all your troubles, great and small, the greatest are the ones that don’t happen at all. – Thomas Carlyle
25. Take life day by day and be grateful for the little things. Don’t get stressed over what you can’t control.
26. Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. – Confucius
27. Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself. – Hermann Hesse
28. You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens. – Mandy Hale
29. Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find they haven’t half the strength you they have. – Norman Vincent Peale
30. Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answers. – William S. Burroughs
I hope you enjoyed these wonderful quotes.