25 Kevin O’Leary Quotes That Will Inspire You
Kevin O’Leary is an entrepreneur, best selling author, investor and TV personality. In 1986, he co-founded a company named ‘SoftKey Software Products.’ The company manufactured computer software and related products. In 1999, Mattel acquired the company for $4.2 billion.
As one of the “sharks” on the popular ABC television show Shark Tank, Kevin O’Leary is one of most compelling figures on the panel which has included famous entreprenues such as Mark Cuban, Barbara Corcoran, Lori Greiner and Daymond John.
In addition to appearing on Shark Tank, Kevin O’Leary is a regular contributor on ABC and CNBC.
I hope that you will enjoy this ‘wonderful’ collection of Kevin O’Leary quotes.
1. Whatever you pay attention to grows! — Kevin O’Leary
2. I like to take risks. That’s how I make money. But they are calculated risks. — Kevin O’Leary
3. The definition of leadership is that you have to find great people and ask them to do extraordinary things. I’ve been doing that my whole life. — Kevin O’Leary
4. I’d rather invest in an entrepreneur who has failed before, than one who assumes success from day one. — Kevin O’Leary
5. I never, ever, ever let emotion get in the way of an investment. — Kevin O’Leary
6. I have had some great successes and great failures. I think every entrepreneur has. I try to learn from all of them. — Kevin O’Leary
7. A salary is the drug they give you to forget your dreams. — Kevin O’Leary
8. I want to go to bed richer than when I woke up. The pursuit of wealth is a wonderful thing, but the thing is you have to be honest about it, you have to tell the truth. — Kevin O’Leary
9. So much of life is a negotiation – so even if you’re not in business, you have opportunities to practice all around you. — Kevin O’Leary
10. Money has no grey areas. You either make it or you lose it. — Kevin O’Leary
11. If you can’t even acknowledge your failures, how can you cut the rope and move on? — Kevin O’Leary
12. Nobody has a monopoly on good ideas. — Kevin O’Leary
13. Here’s how I think of my money – as soldiers – I send them out to war everyday. I want them to take prisoners and come home, so there’s more of them. — Kevin O’Leary
14. We need physical exercise to prepare our brain for long periods of concentration. — Kevin O’Leary
15. The biggest mistake entrepreneurs can make is trying to do everything themselves. — Kevin O’Leary
16. Vision is nothing without a plan to execute it. — Kevin O’Leary
17. I’m not a tough guy. I’m just delivering the truth and only the truth and if you can’t deal with it, too bad. — Kevin O’Leary
18. The best motivator in the world is money and if that doesn’t work try more money. — Kevin O’Leary
19. Working 24 hours a day isn’t enough anymore. You have to be willing to sacrifice everything to be successful, including your personal life, your family life, maybe more. If people think it’s any less, they’re wrong, and they will fail. — Kevin O’Leary
20. What are the most important qualities that make a successful entrepreneur? The ability to communicate. — Kevin O’Leary
21. Business is war. I go out there, I want to kill the competitors. I want to make their lives miserable. I want to steal their market share. I want them to fear me and I want everyone on my team thinking we’re going to win. — Kevin O’Leary
22. My partners taught me that in order to create wealth, I needed to pair up with people whose strengths compensated for my weaknesses. — Kevin O’Leary
23. Nobody forces you to work at Wal-Mart. Start your own business! Sell something to Wal-Mart! — Kevin O’Leary
24. Downturns are the best time to start businesses, because you develop discipline that’s very lean and mean in terms of how to spend money. And those habits serve you very well in good times. — Kevin O’Leary
25. When I start something I bring my A-game – I assume I’m going to win. — Kevin O’Leary