Best Quotes From 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do
I really think that you are going to enjoy reading the following collection of Amy Morin Quotes from her very popular book 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do.
Amy Morin is a licensed clinical social worker and author who has gained worldwide recognition for her book “13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do.”
This book has become a powerful guide for anyone aspiring to develop greater mental strength, resilience, and emotional well-being.
Amy Morin draws upon her personal and professional experiences, as well as her research in the field of psychology, to provide valuable insights into the habits and behaviors of mentally strong individuals.
Throughout her wonderful book which I highly recommend, Amy highlights thirteen critical behaviors that mentally strong people avoid, such as dwelling on the past, fearing alone time, and giving away their power.
Her insights have helped countless individuals to identify and overcome self-limiting behaviors and beliefs that might be hindering their progress and personal growth.
Amy has been quoted or mentioned in many major online and print publications, including Time, Fast Company, Forbes, Men’s Health, and Money.
The following Amy Morin quotes have become a source of inspiration and motivation for anyone looking to improve their mental toughness, build resilience, and achieve success in all areas of life.
1. Time doesn’t heal anything; it’s how we deal with that time that determines the speed at which we heal. ― Amy Morin
2. Admitting you don’t have all the answers, asking for help when you need it, and acknowledging that you can gain strength from a higher power is a sign of a desire to grow stronger. ― Amy Morin
3. When you take responsibility for your own behavior, you’ll become accountable for your progress toward your goals. ― Amy Morin
4. Good habits are important, but it’s often our bad habits that prevent us from reaching our full potential. you can have all the good habits in the world, but if you keep doing the bad habits alongside the good ones, you’ll struggle to reach your goals. ― Amy Morin
5. Feeling sorry for yourself won’t move you any closer to a solution. ― Amy Morin
6. Don’t stop dreaming about what you may want the future to look like. The first step to creating the type of life you want is deciding how you want the future to look. ― Amy Morin
7. Start to acknowledge other people’s kindness and generosity. Affirm the good in the world and you will begin to appreciate what you have. ― Amy Morin
8. You’re only as good as your worst habits. ― Amy Morin
9. As your mental strength increases, your confidence will also increase. you’ll behave according to your values, which will give you peace of mind, and you’ll recognize what’s really important in your life. ― Amy Morin
10 of 50 Amy Morin Quotes
Behave like the person you want to become. ― Amy Morin
11. When you give away your power, you become completely dependent upon other people and external circumstances to regulate your emotions. ― Amy Morin
12. We work hard to do the things that we think will make us better, but we forget to focus on the things that might be sabotaging our efforts. ― Amy Morin
13. Look for those little things in life that you can so easily take for granted and work toward increasing your feelings of gratitude. ― Amy Morin
14. Despite the stories about people and businesses achieving immediate results, in reality, success is rarely instant. ― Amy Morin
15. No matter what your goals are, you’ll be better equipped to reach your full potential when you’re feeling mentally strong. ― Amy Morin
16. Positive change leads to increased motivation and increased motivation leads to more positive change. Embracing change is a two-way street. ― Amy Morin
17. If you don’t speak up when people hurt your feelings or you allow them to infringe on your life in an unwelcomed manner, you’ll likely grow resentful toward them. ― Amy Morin
18. To create your own definition of success, sometimes it’s best to look at the big picture of your life and not just the phase that you’re in right now. ― Amy Morin
19. Developing mental strength is about improving your ability to regulate your emotions, manage your thoughts, and behave in a positive manner, despite your circumstances. ― Amy Morin
20 of 50 Quotes From 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do
Our hearts and our heads need to work together to control our bodies. ― Amy Morin
21. Replaying the same scripts in your head and focusing on things you no longer have control over won’t resolve anything. ― Amy Morin
22. Simply reminding yourself that you have a choice in everything you do, think, and feel can be very freeing. ― Amy Morin
23. Anyone has the power to increase mental strength by devoting time and energy on self-improvement exercises. ― Amy Morin
24. To understand mental strength, you have to learn how your thoughts, behaviors, and feelings are all intertwined, often working together to create a dangerous downward spiral. ― Amy Morin
25. When you’re able to be happy about other people’s accomplishments, you’ll attract – rather than repel – successful people. ― Amy Morin
26. Letting go of your anger frees you to focus your energy on a more worthwhile cause. ― Amy Morin
27. Create realistic expectations that will keep you energized over the long haul. ― Amy Morin
28. You won’t be able to build the kind of life you want when you allow other people to be in control of your goals. ― Amy Morin
29. Simply acknowledging a few things you feel grateful for each day is a powerful way to create change. In fact, gratitude not only impacts your psychological health, it can also affect your physical health. ― Amy Morin
30 of 50 Best Amy Morin Quotes
You can’t enjoy the present if your mind is constantly stuck in the past. ― Amy Morin
31. Many problems that are waiting to be solved require you to do something different. But if you aren’t willing to try something new, those issues are likely to remain unresolved. ― Amy Morin
32. Instead of wasting energy trying to prevent a storm, focus on how you can prepare for it. ― Amy Morin
33. It’s easy to develop bad habits. Breaking bad habits requires a willingness to try something new. ― Amy Morin
34. Choosing to do something different requires you to adapt your thinking and your behavior, which will likely bring up some uncomfortable emotions. But that doesn’t mean you should shy away from change. ― Amy Morin
35. Almost every situation has a silver lining. ― Amy Morin
36. The more time you spend focusing on someone else’s achievements, the less time you have to work on your own goals. ― Amy Morin
37. Success won’t find you. You have to pursue it. ― Amy Morin
38. Before you automatically change your behavior based on what you think other people want, evaluate your thoughts and feelings. ― Amy Morin
39. By focusing on what you can control, it is much easier to let go of worrying about what you can’t. ― Amy Morin
40. Focus on your efforts instead of the outcome. ― Amy Morin
41. Realistic affirmations can help you resist temptation in moments of weakness. Saying things like “I can do this” or “I’m doing a great job working toward my goals” can help you stay on track. ― Amy Morin
42. When you decide that no one else has the power to control how you feel, you’ll experience empowerment. ― Amy Morin
43. Being mentally strong isn’t about acting tough. Instead, it’s about acting according to your values. ― Amy Morin
44. People who feel gratitude don’t get sick as often as others. They have better immune systems and report fewer aches and pains. They have lower blood pressure and they exercise more often than the general population. They take better care of their health, sleep longer, and even report feeling more refreshed upon waking. Gratitude leads to more positive emotions. People who feel grateful experience more happiness, joy, and pleasure on a daily basis. ― Amy Morin
45. Life can get pretty boring if you don’t do anything differently. ― Amy Morin
46. Just because you think it will be difficult doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it. Often, some of the best things in life come from our ability to conquer a challenge through hard work. ― Amy Morin
47. Anyone can learn to become more grateful by developing new habits. ― Amy Morin
48. It’s impossible for everyone to be delighted by the same things. Accept that some people will just never be pleased, and it isn’t your job to make them happy. ― Amy Morin
49. We face many risks in our lives – financial, physical, emotional, social, and business risks to name a few, but often people avoid taking the risks that could help them reach their full potential because they’re afraid. ― Amy Morin
50. Successful people don’t allow one person’s opinion to define them. ― Amy Morin
The above collection of Amy Morin Quotes from ‘13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do’ have become a powerful source of wisdom and guidance for many people looking to enhance their mental strength and resilience.
Amy Morin’s valuable insights into the habits and behaviors that mentally strong individuals possess, provide valuable guidance for anyone looking to grow greater mental toughness, overcome obstacles, and achieve their goals.
These Amy Morin Quotes are a great reminder that with the right mindset and habits, anyone can develop the mental strength needed to overcome life’s challenges and help them to achieve their exciting goals.