I really hope that you will enjoy the following collection of Pythagoras quotes.
If you are like me, the name Pythagoras will probably bring back memories to you as a teenager learning about Isosceles triangles, Algebra, Theorems and equations such as “the sum of the squares on the legs of a right triangle is equal to the square on the hypotenuse”.
Pythagoras was an ancient Greek philosopher, mathematician, scientist and the founder of Pythagoreanism. His political and religious teachings influenced the philosophies of Plato, Aristotle, and, through them, Western philosophy. His philosophy also had a major impact on scientists such as Nicolaus Copernicus, Johannes Kepler, and Sir Isaac Newton.
From his famous theorem to his spiritual and philosophical teachings, Pythagoras’ legacy is rich and inspiring, and his quotes provide a glimpse into the mind of a brilliant thinker who sought to understand the universe and our place within it.
I hope that the next time that you think about Pythagoras you will remember the wise quotes that are attributed to him and not just his math equation.
1. The oldest shortest words – “yes” and “no” are those which require the most thought. – Pythagoras
2. Rest satisfied with doing well, and leave others to talk of you as they please. – Pythagoras
3. Do not talk a little on many subjects, but much on a few. – Pythagoras
4. As soon as laws are necessary for men, they are no longer fit for freedom. – Pythagoras
5. A fool is known by his speech, and a wise man by silence. – Pythagoras
6. Salt is born of the purest parents: the sun and the sea. – Pythagoras
7. Do not go to bed until you have gone over the day three times in your mind. What wrong did I do? What good did I accomplish? What did I forget to do? – Pythagoras
8. Let no one persuade you by word or deed to do or say whatever is not best for you. – Pythagoras
9. The art of living happily is to live in the present. – Pythagoras
10. As long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings, he will never know health or peace. – Pythagoras
11. There is geometry in the humming of the strings. There is music in the spacing of the spheres. – Pythagoras
12. Learn to be silent. Let your quiet mind listen and absorb. – Pythagoras
13. Educate the children and it won’t be necessary to punish the men. – Pythagoras
14. Choose rather to be strong of soul than strong of body. – Pythagoras
15 of 25 Pythagoras Quotes
Numbers have a way of taking a man by the hand and leading him down the path of reason. – Pythagoras
16. Don’t try to cover your mistakes with false words. Rather, correct your mistakes with examination. – Pythagoras
17. No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself. – Pythagoras
18. In anger we should refrain both from speech and action. – Pythagoras
19. Numbers rule the universe. – Pythagoras
21. Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence. – Pythagoras
22. Above all things, respect yourself. – Pythagoras
23. Friends are as companions on a journey, who ought to aid each other to persevere in the road to a happier life. – Pythagoras
24. Know thyself, then thou shalt know the universe. – Pythagoras
25. Choose always the way that seems the best, however rough it may be; custom will soon render it easy and agreeable. – Pythagoras
I hope that you enjoyed reading the above collection of Pythagoras Quotes.
Pythagoras was a mathematician and philosopher whose ideas continue to influence our thinking to this day.
His famous theorem has found countless practical applications in various fields of science and engineering.
Beyond his mathematical contributions, Pythagoras also emphasized the importance of harmony, balance, and self-reflection in our lives.
His teachings encourage us to explore the world around us, to seek balance and harmony in our lives, and to cultivate a deep understanding of ourselves and our place in the universe.
As we continue to learn from his legacy, we can discover new ways to live our lives with purpose and meaning, and to make a positive impact on the world around us.