Sir Isaac Newton was an English physicist, mathematician, astronomer, philosopher, and alchemist, he is widely known for his contribution to the scientific revolution of the 17th century.
His book Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica (which means “Mathematical principals of Natural Philosophy”) was published in 1687. It is here where Sir Isaac Newton describes his famous three laws of motion along with the law of gravity. In 1705 Queen Anne knighted him, the first occasion on which a scientist was so honored.
Sir Isaac Newton has been recognized as one of the greatest minds in history. His contributions to science have shaped the world as we know it.
I hope that you enjoy this collection of the greatest quotes by Sir Isaac Newton.
1. To any action there is always an opposite and equal reaction. ― Isaac Newton
2. What we know is a drop, what we don’t know is an ocean. ― Isaac Newton
3. Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who sets the planets in motion. ― Isaac Newton
4. Live your life as an Exclamation rather than an Explanation. ― Isaac Newton
5. Genius is patience. ― Isaac Newton
6. Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things. ― Isaac Newton
7. If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants. ― Isaac Newton
8. If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been due more to patient attention, than to any other talent. ― Isaac Newton
9. My powers are ordinary. Only my application brings me success. ― Isaac Newton
10. You have to make the rules, not follow them. ― Isaac Newton
11. To myself, I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me. ― Isaac Newton
12.No great discovery was ever made without a bold guess. ― Isaac Newton
13. Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy. ― Isaac Newton
14. We build too many walls and not enough bridges. ― Isaac Newton
15. What goes up must come down. ― Isaac Newton
16. Plato is my friend, Aristotle is my friend, but my greatest friend is the truth. ― Isaac Newton
17. God created everything by number, weight, and measure. ― Isaac Newton
18. If others would think as hard as I did, then they would get similar results. ― Isaac Newton
19. Truth is the offspring of silence and meditation. ― Isaac Newton
20. Sir Isaac Newton was asked how he discovered the law of gravity. He replied, “By thinking about it all the time. ― Isaac Newton