Ken Blanchard is a best selling author, speaker, and highly sought after business consultant and management expert. His best-selling book, The One Minute Manager, coauthored with Spencer Johnson, has sold more than 17 million copies worldwide and still regularly appears on best-seller lists over 20 years since it was first released!
Ken Blanchard is Chairman of The Ken Blanchard Companies that he founded in 1979 with his wife. It is known as a global leader in workplace learning, employee productivity, leadership and team effectiveness.
Ken Blanchard has been a guest on a number of national television programs, including “Good Morning America” and “The Today Show,” and he has been featured in Time, People magazine a number of other popular publications.
I hope that you will enjoy the following collection of Ken Blanchard quotes about leadership.
1. The best minute I spend is the one I invest in people. ― Ken Blanchard
2. Knowing where you’re going is the first step to get there. ― Ken Blanchard
3. One of the biggest obstacles to high performance in organizations comes from unclear expectations and accountability. ― Ken Blanchard
4. A good life is built on strong, solid values such as integrity, love, honesty, and purposeful work. ― Ken Blanchard
5. Help people reach their full potential catch them doing something right. ― Ken Blanchard
6. The more attention you pay to a behavior, the more it will be repeated. Accentuating the positive and redirecting the negative are the best tools for increasing productivity. ― Ken Blanchard
7 of 25 Ken Blanchard Quotes about Leadership
Anytime you use your influence to affect the thoughts and actions of others, you are engaging in leadership. ― Ken Blanchard
8. Your role as a leader is even more important than you might imagine. You have the power to help people become winners. ― Ken Blanchard
9. We can’t always control what happens in our lives – things will go well, things will go poorly-but what we can control is our response to those events. ― Ken Blanchard
10. When good performance is followed by a positive response, people naturally want to continue that behavior. ― Ken Blanchard
11. The key to successful leadership is influence, not authority. ― Ken Blanchard
12. Leading people is the opposite of trying to control them; it’s about gaining their trust through your integrity, developing their potential through your partnership, and motivating them through your affirmation. ― Ken Blanchard
13. Take a minute: look at your goals, look at your performance, see if your behavior matches your goals. ― Ken Blanchard
14 of 25 Ken Blanchard Quotes about Leadership
None of us is as smart as all of us. ― Ken Blanchard
15. It’s more important as a manager to be respected than to be popular. ― Ken Blanchard
16. A clear purpose will unite you as you move forward, values will guide your behavior, and goals will focus your energy. ― Ken Blanchard
17. There is a lot of competition out there. If you don’t take care of your customers, somebody else is ready to take your place. ― Ken Blanchard
18. There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when it’s convenient. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results. ― Ken Blanchard
19. We have two choices every day: We can feel good about ourselves, or we can feel lousy about ourselves. Why would anyone choose the latter? ― Ken Blanchard
20. The best way to teach people is by telling a story. ― Ken Blanchard
21 of 25 Ken Blanchard Quotes about Leadership
It’s only when you realize that it’s not about you, that you begin to lead at a higher level. ― Ken Blanchard
22. Feedback is the breakfast of champions. ― Ken Blanchard
23. Remember, the best leaders are those who understand that their power flows through them, not from them. ― Ken Blanchard
24. A great rule of thumb is to never say anything behind someone’s back that you wouldn’t say straight to the person’s face. ― Ken Blanchard
25. People who feel good about themselves, produce good results. ― Ken Blanchard