I have put together for you my favorite Benjamin Franklin quotes.
Benjamin Franklin was born in Boston in 1706. He was a writer, inventor, statesman and scientist. As a politician, Benjamin Franklin still stands as one of America’s most effective statesmen and ambassadors.
He was also one of American’s Founding Fathers who drafted the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States. Benjamin Franklin’s quotes about life, truth, politics, happiness, personal development and education are read and enjoyed to this day, almost 300 years after he first shared them. This is a wonderful testament to his timeless wisdom.
His quotes are a testament to his intelligence, insight and ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple and relatable way. They offer valuable lessons on personal development, civic responsibility and the pursuit of excellence. His quotes continue to inspire and guide individuals from all walks of life and his legacy continues to live on through his teachings.
The next time that you see a $100 dollar bill and see Benjamin Franklin’s image, think of the legacy that he left and the wonderful words of wisdom that he shared.
Timeless Quotes From Benjamin Franklin
1. Well done is better than well said. – Benjamin Franklin
2. Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise. – Benjamin Franklin
3.The doors of wisdom are never shut. – Benjamin Franklin
4. A true friend is the best possession. – Benjamin Franklin
5. Energy and persistence conquer all things. – Benjamin Franklin
6 of 25 Benjamin Franklin Quotes
Wish not so much to live long as to live well. – Benjamin Franklin
7. Lost time is never found again. – Benjamin Franklin
8. Hide not your talents, they for use were made. What’s a sun-dial in the shade? – Benjamin Franklin
9. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. – Benjamin Franklin
10. If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins. – Benjamin Franklin
11. Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. – Benjamin Franklin
12. Many people die at twenty five and aren’t buried until they are seventy five. – Benjamin Franklin
13. By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. – Benjamin Franklin
14 of 25 Benjamin Franklin Quotes
Love your enemies, for they tell you your faults. – Benjamin Franklin
15. Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. – Benjamin Franklin
16. Never confuse motion with action. – Benjamin Franklin
17. A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over. – Benjamin Franklin
18. Life’s biggest tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late. – Benjamin Franklin
19. Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see. – Benjamin Franklin
20 of 25 Benjamin Franklin Quotes
While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us. – Benjamin Franklin
21. A brother may not be a friend, but a friend will always be a brother. – Benjamin Franklin
22. How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them. – Benjamin Franklin
23. Genius without education is like silver in the mine. – Benjamin Franklin
24. Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship. – Benjamin Franklin
25. To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions. – Benjamin Franklin
This wonderful collection of Benjamin Franklin Quotes are a perfect reflection of his wisdom, wit, and practicality.
His timeless teachings on hard work, perseverance, and self-improvement continue to inspire individuals to strive for greatness and make the very most of their lives.
His insights on personal finance, business, and civic responsibility are still relevant today. Whether you are looking to become more productive, successful or simply want to live a more meaningful life, these quotes by Benjamin Franklin are sure to provide inspiration and guidance.
Benjamin Franklin’s legacy lives on through his writings and he continues to be an important historical figure and an inspiration for many.