20 Peace Pilgrim Quotes That Will Lift Your Spirit
Peace Pilgrim (born Mildred Lisette Norman) was an American peace activist. She was a remarkable woman who walked across America many times spreading a message of peace. She vowed to keep walking until there was peace in the world. She walked more than 25,000 miles before she stopped counting.
She spent several decades of her life walking across North America with her simple message of peace. Peace Pilgrim touched the lives of many people, inspiring them to consider what they could do to find inner peace within themselves.
After her death, Peace Pilgrim’s friends compiled her writings and interviews into a book called Peace Pilgrim – Her Life and Work in Her Own Words.
I hope that you will enjoy this wonderful collection of Peace Pilgrim Quotes.
1. If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought. ― Peace Pilgrim
2. Pure love is a willingness to give without a thought of receiving anything in return. The way of peace is the way of love. Love is the greatest power on earth. It conquers all things. ― Peace Pilgrim
3. In this world you are given as you give. ― Peace Pilgrim
4. Live in the present. Do the things that need to be done. Do all the good you can each day. The future will unfold. ― Peace Pilgrim
5. This is the way of peace: Overcome evil with good, falsehood with truth, and hatred with love. ― Peace Pilgrim
6. When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others. ― Peace Pilgrim
7. Humanity has only scratched the surface of its real potential. ― Peace Pilgrim
8. Know that every right thing you do – Every good word you say – Every positive thought you think – Has a good effect. ― Peace Pilgrim
9. Prayer is a concentration of positive thoughts. ― Peace Pilgrim
10. Let the center of your being be one of giving, giving, giving. You can’t give too much, and you will discover you cannot give without receiving. ― Peace Pilgrim
11. Keep your feet on the ground and your thoughts at lofty heights. ― Peace Pilgrim
12. There is great freedom in simplicity of living. It is those who have enough but not too much who are the happiest. ― Peace Pilgrim
13. We are all cells in the same body of humanity. ― Peace Pilgrim
14. In this materialistic age a great many of us are possessed by our possessions. ― Peace Pilgrim
15. Every good that you do, every good that you say, every good thought you think, vibrates on and on and never ceases. ― Peace Pilgrim
16. I don’t eat junk foods and I don’t think junk thoughts. ― Peace Pilgrim
17. We spend a great deal of time telling God what we think should be done, and not enough time waiting in the stillness for God to tell us what to do. ― Peace Pilgrim
18. The world is like a mirror; if you smile at it, it smiles at you. ― Peace Pilgrim
19. I learned it is through giving that we receive the worthwhile things of life. ― Peace Pilgrim
20. We have all the light we need, we just need to put it in practice. ― Peace Pilgrim
The above collection of Peace Pilgrim Quotes serve as a powerful reminder of the importance of inner peace and nonviolence in creating a more just and peaceful world.
Her words inspire us to let go of fear and anger and to replace them with love and compassion. They remind us that true peace is a state of mind and heart that can be cultivated through spiritual practices and inner transformation.
Peace Pilgrim’s quotes remind us that true peace can only be achieved when everyone has their basic needs met and when justice is served to all.
Peace Pilgrim’s words serve as a powerful call to action, encouraging us all to be part of the change we want to see in the world around us and to strive for peace in every aspect of our lives, in our thoughts, words, and in our actions. Her message of peace and nonviolence is timeless and continues to be relevant to this day.