Booker T. Washington was an author, speaker and advisor to a number of Presidents of the United States of America. Booker T. Washington was an African-American leader who is fondly remembered for his tireless work for the betterment of his people.
When he was nine, Booker T. Washington and his family gained freedom under the Emancipation Proclamation. After working first in a salt furnace and later in a coal mine, Booker was determined to get a full education. In 1872 he enrolled at the Hampton Normal and Agricultural Institute (now Hampton University), working as a janitor to help pay his expenses. He graduated in 1875 and returned to his home town of Malden, where for a number of years he taught children in a day school and adults at night.
Booker T. Washington later attained national prominence after his Atlanta Address of 1895, which attracted the attention of prominent politicians and members of the public. He became a popular spokesperson for African-American citizens. Both President Theodore Roosevelt and his successor, President William Howard Taft, used him as an adviser. His inspirational words of wisdom inspire and motivate people to this day.
I hope that you will enjoy this collection of inspirational Booker T. Washington quotes.
17 Highly Inspirational Booker T. Washington Quotes
1. Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. – Booker T. Washington
2. If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. – Booker T. Washington
3. Character, not circumstance, makes the person. – Booker T. Washington
4. The highest test of the civilization of any race is in its willingness to extend a helping hand to the less fortunate. – Booker T. Washington
5. Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way. – Booker T. Washington
6 of 17 Booker T Washington Quotes
Success always leaves footprints. – Booker T. Washington
7. I began learning long ago that those who are happiest are those who do the most for others. – Booker T. Washington
8. Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than to be in bad company. – Booker T. Washington
9. Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others. – Booker T. Washington
10. We all should rise, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness. – Booker T. Washington
11. There are two ways of exerting one’s strength; one is pushing down, the other is pulling up. – Booker T. Washington
12 of 17 Booker T Washington Quotes
You can’t hold a man down without staying down with him. – Booker T. Washington
13. No race can prosper till it learns that there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem. – Booker T. Washington
14. The world cares very little what you or I know, but it does care a great deal about what you or I do. – Booker T. Washington
15. Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work. – Booker T. Washington
16. I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him. – Booker T. Washington
17. Success waits patiently for anyone who has the determination and strength to seize it. – Booker T. Washington
I hope that you enjoyed these Booker T. Washington quotes.
25 Simon Sinek Quotes On Leadership
Simon Sinek is an internationally recognized author, speaker and business consultant. Simon is well known for his TED talk Start With Why which has become one of the most watched TED talks of all time, with over 40 million views. (more…)
25 Highly Motivational Eric Worre Quotes
Eric Worre is a leader in the network marketing profession for almost 30 years. He is the author of Go Pro : 7 Steps to Becoming a Network Marketing Professional which has sold over 2 million copies. Eric is also the most sought after speaker in Network Marketing, speaking to more than 200,000 people every year.
Eric Worre has also produced over 1,400 free videos on virtually every business topic. His videos have been viewed by millions of people from all over the world.
If you are interested in personal development and improving yourself, I think that you are really going to enjoy reading the following powerful collection of Eric Worre quotes.
1. The greatest benefit isn’t getting what you want. The greatest benefit is what you’ll need to become in order to get what you want. ― Eric Worre
2. In the future, you’re only going to be paid for performance. You won’t be paid for your time anymore. ― Eric Worre
3. The fastest way to grow your business is to grow yourself. Set a goal that will cause you to become more than you are today. ― Eric Worre
4. Have the courage to forgive yourself and stop letting the past define you. ― Eric Worre
5. Freedom is possible, but it isn’t free. ― Eric Worre
6. My world changed when I started focusing on the skills and made the commitment to practice, practice, practice, until I mastered them. ― Eric Worre
7. Be different. Be focused. Be determined. ― Eric Worre
8. Goal setting. Most people don’t ever give this more than a passing thought. You aren’t most people. ― Eric Worre
9. The most powerful force on earth is your imagination. ― Eric Worre
10. Look in your past for negative repeating patterns. Break the pattern and you’re free to move to the next level. ― Eric Worre
11. Growth and contribution. If you are growing as a person and you are contributing to the lives of others, you will be amazed at what can happen to your life. ― Eric Worre
12. There is nothing stopping you from succeeding but you. ― Eric Worre
13. Personal development without action becomes useless. Get out of your head and into action. ― Eric Worre
14. To achieve your dreams, you must break out of your current comfort zone. ― Eric Worre
15. Measure yourself only against your previous self. ― Eric Worre
16. If you’re looking for answers, the best way to start is by asking questions. Sounds simple yet so few people do it. ― Eric Worre
17. There will always be a good reason to quit and there will always be a good reason to keep going. Decide what kind of person you’re going to be. ― Eric Worre
18. Focus on the positive with everyone in your organization. Guide them, direct them, and encourage them. ― Eric Worre
19. You can’t live an above average life with a below average effort. ― Eric Worre
20. Too many people get trapped in repeating the same day over and over. ― Eric Worre
21. You’ll never get ahead if you don’t get started. There’s never been a better time to start than today. ― Eric Worre
22. I realized that to earn more, I needed to become more. ― Eric Worre
23. Don’t ever let anyone convince you that you can’t do something. ― Eric Worre
24. Don’t let average people make you feel guilty for pursuing your mission in life. ― Eric Worre
25. Once you believe, good things start to happen. ― Eric Worre
25 Empowering Barbara Corcoran Quotes
Barbara Corcoran is a successful businesswoman, investor, speaker, author and television personality. Barbara famously borrowed $1,000 in 1973 and quit her job as a waitress to start a tiny real estate company in New York City. She would later sell this business for $66 million. (more…)