Confidence is not merely an organizational term or a state of mind; it is your attire, your personality, and your whole persona. It is not an exclusive trait just for celebrities, and successful business people. Anyone can be more confident, you, me or your next door neighbor. Do you realize how many wonderful things that you let go of and let slip through your hands only by not being more confident?
Confident people have a different way of looking at the world. They have a different lens to watch the canvas of life. For self-motivated and highly confident people, the world is an opportunistic moment where they are always in the pursuit of happiness. They open the doors of limitless possibilities only by being who they are and only by being highly confident. Confidence doesn’t let you settle for less, it doesn’t let you sit in vain. It brings you success and prosperity at every twist and turn in your life. If highly successful people and celebrities had no confidence, they would not achieve what they have or be the people that they are. The common traits that every highly confident person exhibits in his or her life are quite intriguing but also very attainable. Let us see what habits of highly confident people have that take them to the heights of their success.
1. They know what they want in life
Highly confident people know what they want in life. They are smart, bright and committed to achieve their goals. They know exactly what they want to achieve. They have set their paths clear and straight for themselves.
2. They learn from their past experiences
Confident people do not shy away from telling people who they once were and how they have transformed their lives. They learn from their past and they are always there to help and guide others.
3. They think and act positively
They are the most optimistic people you will ever notice. They take things in the most positive way, which in turn generates more positivity, and confidence in themselves and others around them too. Their positivity is infectious.
4. They plan their goals and take action
Have you written out clear and exciting goals for your life? Have you taken the necessary actions to achieve those goals? If only you had more confidence you would have dazzled the world with your confidence, courage and brilliance. Confident people have goals and agendas in life, they do not sit and wait for things to happen. They go out and make things happen.
5. They talk a lot
Most confident people talk a lot when they are addressed. They seem to always know what the right thing to say is. They do not shy away from giving their point of view on any matter. In every meeting, in every gathering, confident people speak up and put forward their ideas. They do most of the talking and they make revolutionary steps while doing so. They are very convincing people.
6. They manage their emotions and feelings
Confidence helps people to organize their thoughts; it makes them organize their life, their way of living and their way of feeling. They gather themselves together in the hardest of situations. Unlike so many of us, they know how to prepare themselves for any situation, and they know how to act, react and feel accordingly.
7. They go after new things
The confidence, which keeps them up at nights also makes them take risks and try new things. They love to do something out of the blue and they make things possible which are sometimes deemed impossible. Many people fear ordering something new in a café and as a result miss out of new experiences, excitement and fun. This is not the way of confident people. They try everything possible and they enjoy pushing past their comfort zone just to feel the thrill and the joy of living.
8. They listen to their heart
Some decisions in life are not only deemed logical and sensible, sometimes we must do things that we love and care for. If only we had more confidence, we would listen to our hearts and do what it says. For confident people life is simple, it is us who have built these walls around ourselves. At midnight if they feel like going for a long drive, they will do it. At the age of 80 and their heart says to dance in public, I am sure that they would. Nothing keeps confident people in their seats, they will always listen to their heart and then they will do what it says.
By taking action and developing the qualities and habits of highly confident people, we will not feel left out on the many great things life has to offer us. Confidence is the new sexy. Confidence is what will help you reach for the skies. Why should some people enjoy life, while others sit quietly and witness them having all the fun? Let us find your ray of hope, and awaken the sleeping confidence that lies beneath your skin.
50 Thought Provoking Existential Questions
What are existential questions?
Existential questions are usually deep, philosophical questions that question just that — our very existence.
They can be great conversation starters and they can also sometimes make for a passionate discussion. The following existential questions can be a great way to get to know someone better and perhaps even learn new things about yourself.
The word existential comes from the Latin word “existentia”, which means to exist. Existential questions challenge our way of thinking, our beliefs and our perspective.
Is there a right or wrong answer to an existential question? Perhaps not, as each question usually just asks more questions.
I have put together the following list of thought provoking existential questions so that you can perhaps start an internal conversation with yourself or start an interesting debate with your friends.
50 Thought Provoking Existential Questions
1. Are there limits to human creativity?
2. What makes something beautiful?
3. How do we know if we’re doing the right thing?
4. Who am I?
5. What is one thing that every human should get to experience in their life?
6. Do you believe in a power greater than humanity?
7. Are we given enough time?
8. Is privacy a right?
9. What is the best way for a person to attain happiness?
10. Are we alone in the universe?
11. What is love?
12. How would you define genius?
13. What do you think your purpose is?
14. If babies are considered innocent, when do people cease to be innocent?
15. Is it better to expand your knowledge or to deepen it?
16. Why do you think we are here?
17. How important is ‘play’ in living a healthy and fulfilling life?
18. Do you have a right to be happy, or should you earn it?
19. What happens when I die?
20. What worries me the most about the future?
21. What is a person? Is it the mind, or the body?
22. Would the world be a better place if all leaders were women? If you answered yes, why?
23. What activity have I done that has made me feel the most alive?
24. Does truth exist without evidence?
25. If I had to instill one piece of advice in a newborn baby’s mind, what advice would I give?
26. Does a person have a soul? If so, where is it?
27. Is intelligence or wisdom more useful?
28. Is it more important to love or be loved?
29. What would make the world a better place?
30. How should we measure our lives? In years? In moments? In accomplishments? Something else?
31. What is the difference between living and simply existing?
32. If you died today, would you be satisfied with the life you’ve lived?
33. What advice would you tell your younger self?
34. Which is worse: failing or never trying?
35. Is a minimum wage a good idea? What about a maximum wage?
36. What is the most important goal every person should have?
37. Can anything ever really be considered ‘true’ or is everything subjective?
38. Is the world a better place with humans in it?
39. If extra-terrestrial life was discovered, how do you think humanity would react?
40. Is happiness just a mixture of chemicals circulating through our bodies?
41. Where do you think we go when we die?
42. Have I done anything lately worth remembering?
43. Can you ever have full control over your own life?
44. How do you know that you are not dreaming right now?
45. Is one lifetime enough?
46. What matters most in my life?
47. Is a person ever truly evil? If so, are they born that way?
48. What is the meaning of life?
49. Is humanity going in the right or wrong direction?
50. What does it mean to live a good life?
I hope that you enjoyed these thought provoking existential questions. I hope that they perhaps made you think about your beliefs, yourself and the world around you (the bigger picture). If you discuss these questions with a friend, remember, there is probably no right and wrong answers, usually just a matter of opinion.
30 Life Lessons That I Would Tell My Younger Self
I clearly remember when I was 18, then 25 and in then what seems like a flash, I have recently celebrated by 50th birthday. While some people might dread the thoughts of hitting such a milestone. (more…)
7 Habits That Will Hold You Back From Success
You have probably heard of the saying that you are your “own worst enemy.” That has to do with nearly every aspect of personal or professional life. While circumstances, and even other individuals can certainly get in the way of what you achieve, more often than not it is our own habits that can keep us from achieving more success in our lives. (more…)