The difference between true friends and fake friends can make a world of a difference in your life. These eye opening Fake Friends Quotes will help you realize and treasure the true friends that you have.
A real friend is someone who is with you when times are good, but is also around when times are tough. When it comes to friends, it is always better to choose quality over quantity.
It is important to be aware of Fake Friends as they can cause harm to both your mental and emotional well-being.
They can be people who pretend to be your friend, but in reality, they only use you for their own gain. They can be jealous, manipulative and very often only come around when they want something from you.
It is important to be aware of these kinds of people and to protect yourself from their harmful and negative behavior. Surrounding yourself with genuine and trustworthy friends will lead to a much happier and fulfilling life.
I hope that these Fake Friends quotes will inspire you to limit your time with any fake friends that you might have or avoid them altogether if possible. These energy vampires take advantage of you, use you, but are usually nowhere to be found when you need them the most.
1. Some friends are only around when they want something from you but are never there when you need something from them.
2. Fake friends are like shadows. They follow you in the sun but leave you in the dark.
3. “Friends ask you questions; enemies question you.” – Criss Jami
4. Fake friends: once they stop talking to you, they start talking about you.
5. The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.
6. “The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.” – Bette Midler
7. “What greater wound is there than a false friend?” – Sophocles
8. “An honest enemy is better than a false friend.” – Damien Thomas
9. One fake friend can do more damage than five enemies.
10. Fake friends believe in rumors. Real friends believe in you.
11. People show their true colors, unintentionally. Pay attention.
12. I love straight forward people. The lack of drama makes life so much easier.
13. Don’t worry about the people from your past. There is a reason why they didn’t make it to your present.
14. At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.
15. There are people in your life who hate you secretly but laugh with you everyday.
16. I don’t have time for fake friends anymore. Either be real, or be gone.
17. “An honest enemy is better than a best friend who lies.” – Vandi Tanko
18. Only a true friend will tell you to your face, what others are saying behind your back.
19. Be very careful of who you share your problem with, remember that not every friend that smiles at you is your best friend.
Fake Friends Quotes
20. Sometimes it’s not the people who change, it’s the mask that falls off.
21. True friends cry when you leave. Fake friends leave when you cry.
22. Be careful who you call your friends. I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.
23. Better to have an enemy who slaps you in the face than a friend who stabs you in the back.
24. Fake friends show their true colors when they don’t need you anymore.
25. “Most people want to see you do better, but not doing better than them.” – London Mond
26. Don’t fear the enemy that attacks you, but the fake friend that hugs you.
27. Stay real, stay loyal, or stay away from me.
28. “Time passes and you begin to see, people for who they really are and not who they pretend to be.” – Scarlet Koop
29. Fake people show their colors when they have no use for you anymore.
Fake Friendship Quotes
30. Pay close attention to the people who don’t clap when you win.
31. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
32. A lot of problems in the world would disappear if we talked to each other instead of about each other.
33. Friends are supposed to make you feel better about yourself. Just remember that.
34. Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.
35. “A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!” – Doug Larson
36. We never lose friends. We simply learn who the real ones are.
37. Life is full of fake people, but before you decide to judge them, make sure you are not one of them.
38. It is funny how the people who know the least about you always have the most to say.
39. “The only keeper of your happiness is you. Stop giving people the power to control your smile, your worth, and your attitude.” – Mandy Hale
Fake Friend Quotes
40. It is a sad day when you find out who your friends are not.
41. Fake friends tell you pretty lies; true friends tell you ugly truths.
42. I trusted you, but now your words mean nothing because your actions spoke the truth.
43. “We will always meet rivals in everything we do, but the most dangerous are those we believe to be our friends.” – Paulo Coelho
44. Be careful what you tell people. A friend today could be an enemy tomorrow.
45. They are not your friends, until they have defended you in your absence.
46. Don’t waste words on people who deserve your silence. Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all.
47. Fake peoples are like clouds, when they disappear the day gets much brighter.
48. Stop expecting loyalty from people who can’t even give you honesty.
49. “I’d rather have an enemy who admits that they hate me, than a friend who secretly puts me down.” ― Karen Salmansohn
Two Faced Fake Friend Quotes
50. The only people I want in my life are the ones who truly want me in theirs.
51. Cutting people out of my life does not mean I hate them, it simply means I respect myself.
52. If they act like they can live without you, let them.
53. True friends cry when you leave. Fake friends leave when you cry.
54. If I cut you off, chances are, you handed me the scissors.
55. Be careful who you trust. Salt and sugar look the same.
56. Nobody is too busy, it is just a matter of priorities.
57. People don’t change, they reveal who they really are.
58. Stay true to yourself because there are very few people who will always be true to you.
59. When you start to wonder whether you can trust someone or not, that is when you already know you don’t.
60. Not everyone at your workplace is your friend. Do your job. Get paid. Go home.
61. Why am I stressing myself over someone who doesn’t even ask me if I am okay?
62. You won’t need to explain your side of the story to a true friend.
63. I didn’t lose a friend, I just realized I never had one.
64. You don’t lose anything when you lose fake friends.
65. “You will never have to question the intentions or integrity of people who have your best interest at heart.” – Germany Kent
66. You cannot change the people around you, but you can change the people that you choose to be around.
I hope that you enjoyed reading this collection of Fake Friends Quotes.
It is important to be aware of the difference between true friends and fake friends. True friends are there for you through thick and thin, while fake friends are only there for their own gain.
It is important to surround yourself with people who genuinely care about you and your well-being. It is also important to be honest with yourself and to recognize when someone is not treating you with the respect and loyalty that you deserve.
Remember, true friends are a precious gift, cherish them and let go of the fake ones. Life is too short to waste time on people who do not truly value your friendship.
10 Signs of a Fake Friend:
In life, friendships serve as a crucial pillar of support, comfort, and joy. True friends stand by us through thick and thin, celebrating our successes and lifting us up in times of need.
Identifying fake friends can be challenging, but in doing so, we can safeguard our emotional well-being. Here are ten telltale signs that can help us discern the real friends from the fake ones, so that we can grow a circle of authentic connections that will enrich our lives.
1. Lack of Support: A clear indication of a fake friend is their support being contingent on personal gain. They might cheer you on when your accomplishments benefit them, but when your success doesn’t align with their interests, their enthusiasm wanes or transforms into envy.
2. Lack of Empathy: True friendship requires empathy, but fake friends seem indifferent to your emotional struggles. They might dismiss your feelings or even make light of your hardships, revealing their inability to empathize with you genuinely.
3. One-Sided Relationships: Friendship is a two-way street, where both parties invest time and effort. Fake friends, however, exhibit a one sided dynamic, often seeking favors or assistance but rarely offering the same in return.
4. Betrayal of Trust: Trust is the cornerstone of any healthy friendship. If a friend consistently breaks promises, spreads confidential information, or fails to keep your trust, they may not have your best interests at heart.
5. Frequent Unreliability: Fake friends often make plans but rarely follow through. They might cancel on you at the last minute or disappear when you need them the most, showing a lack of commitment to the friendship.
6. Jealousy and Competitiveness: Instead of celebrating your accomplishments, fake friends may feel threatened or envious. They may try to one-up you or undermine your achievements, creating a toxic atmosphere.
7. Manipulative Behavior: Beware of friends who manipulate you into doing things that you are uncomfortable with or guilt-trip you into compliance. These actions demonstrate a lack of respect for your boundaries and opinion.
8. Disinterest in Your Life: Fake friends may show little interest in your life, rarely asking about your well-being or important events. They might monopolize conversations with their own concerns, leaving you feeling unimportant.
9. Friendship for Show: Some people maintain friendships solely for appearances. They might be friendly in public but are distant or cold when you are alone together, only using the ‘friendship’ as a facade to maintain their image.
10. Lack of Accountability: True friends take responsibility for their mistakes and apologize sincerely. Fake friends, on the other hand, often deflect blame and refuse to own up to their errors, making it challenging to resolve conflicts.
While it can be disheartening to realize that someone who we trusted is not genuine, doing so empowers us to focus on cultivating the more authentic and meaningful connections that we have in our life.
Genuine friends will uplift, cherish, and support us unconditionally, nurturing our emotional well-being and enhancing our lives.
As we learn to recognize the signs of any fake friend and who the real friends are, we embark on a journey of self-discovery and try to surround ourselves with only people who truly deserve a place in our hearts and lives.