Thomas Edison (February 11, 1847 – October 18, 1931) was an American Inventor and businessman who held over 1,093 patents. Edison’s numerous inventions have influenced the world greatly.
He invented the modern light bulb, the motion picture camera, the phonograph, a stock ticker, a battery for electric cars, and numerous other inventions.
One of Edison’s major innovations was that he set up the first industrial research and development lab. Thomas Edison founded 14 companies, including General Electric, which is still one of the largest publicly traded companies in the world.
Edison is a wonderful example of what we are capable of accomplishing if we work hard and never give up.
Check out the following wonderful Thomas Edison quotes by America’s greatest inventor.
20 Wonderful Quotes From Thomas Edison
1. Never get discouraged if you fail. Learn from it. Keep trying. – Thomas Edison
2. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. – Thomas Edison
3. There is no substitute for hard work. – Thomas Edison
4. Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. – Thomas Edison
5. If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. – Thomas Edison
6 of 20 Thomas Edison Quotes
I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. – Thomas Edison
7. What you are will show in what you do. – Thomas Edison
8. The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are: hard work, stick-to-itiveness, and common sense. – Thomas Edison
9. Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. – Thomas Edison
10. When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this… you haven’t. – Thomas Edison
11. I never did a day’s work in my life. It was all fun. – Thomas Edison
12. Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think. – Thomas Edison
13. Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have. – Thomas Edison
14. The thing I lose patience with the most is the clock. Its hands move too fast. – Thomas Edison
15 of 20 Thomas Edison Quotes
I start where the last man left off. – Thomas Edison
16. We should remember that good fortune often happens when opportunity meets with preparation. – Thomas Edison
17. I always found that, if I began to worry, the best thing I could do was focus upon doing something useful and then work very hard at it. Soon, I would forget what was troubling me. – Thomas Edison
18. You can’t realize your dreams unless you have one to begin with. – Thomas Edison
19. I have far more respect for the person with a single idea who gets there than for the person with a thousand ideas who does nothing. – Thomas Edison
20. Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits. – Thomas Edison