20 Productivity Tips That Can Change Your Life Forever!
Who wouldn’t like to be more productive? Who wouldn’t like to get more things done each day that would improve their health, their business and indeed their overall well-being? Being more productive and achieving your goals is not necessarily about working harder, but instead it usually requires that you work smarter.
I have put this list of 20 productivity tips together so that you can start making some small changes to your daily routine that can make a huge difference in both your personal and professional life.
To start seeing the positive effect that these tips can have on your life, try to incorporate perhaps five or six of them into your daily routine at first until they become second nature and a habit. By just incorporating a few of these productivity tips into your daily routine you will start to notice the positive difference, then add a few more and then a few more. After a few months you will be possibly the most productive person that you know. Now wouldn’t that be something!
20 Productivity Tips That Can Change Your Life Forever!
1. Write out a to-list every morning. I use a journal to write out my tasks and goals for the day. Using a journal is also a great way to motivate yourself and have you feeling excited for the wonderful day ahead.
2. Get up early. Take your personal development to the next level by waking up before almost everyone else. Get up early enough each morning to give yourself enough time to exercise, journal and read some motivational material. Set yourself up for the day ahead by starting the wonderful habit of getting up earlier. It might seem difficult at first, but after a few days it will become second nature.
3. Read affirmations. Reading some powerful positive affirmations in the morning is a great way to kick-start your morning routine and get your mind-set in a productive state for the rest of the day.
4. Exercise. Research has shown that exercise can help to boost productivity, improve your mood and can have you feeling great for the day. If you wake up early, you could do some exercise, or you can go for a short walk on your lunch break or after work to get your heart pumping, your muscles working at the same time. Exercise is a great way of releasing serotonin, which will have you feeling calmer, more focused and full of positivity.
5. Eat for Success. You literally are what you eat! Eating a healthy balanced diet will give you the energy to exercise, have you feeling more focused and alert to do a great days work without having a mid-day slump or have you craving another coffee to get through the rest of the day. Take a few minutes each night to prepare your healthy lunch and snacks for the following day.
6. Set exciting goals. Having goals that excite you every day, will have you feeling more motivated and inspired to get things done.
7. Eliminate distractions. Top of the list here is stop checking your phone every few minutes. Switch off email and message notifications, and close those social media sites open on your desktop. Limit yourself to using your phone to certain times during the day.
8. Love what you do. Enjoying what you do is a great way to increase your productivity. I changed jobs not so long ago and I now look forward to going to work every day. I no longer dread the alarm going off in the morning as I did in the past. It is never too late to change!
9. Turn your car into a mobile classroom. Listen to educational audio books while you are traveling to work. Audio learning has the amazing power to add hours of quality time to your day. You can learn new skills, improve your knowledge and get motivated rather than getting stressed out while you are stuck in traffic.
10. Tell other people your goals. This is a great way for others to hold you accountable in a positive way to achieve your goals.
11. ‘Eat the frog’ first thing in the morning. Mark Twain once said that if the first thing you do each morning is to eat a live frog, you can go through the day with the satisfaction of knowing that that is probably the worse thing that is going to happen to you all day long. Your “frog” is your biggest, most important task, the one you are most likely to procrastinate on if you don’t do something about it.
12. Learn to say “No”. Don’t let your mouth overload your back! You have to learn that sometimes it is impossible to do everything. Get into the habit of saying ‘no.’ Tell people that if your schedule changes you will get it done.
13. Drink more water. Get into the healthy habit of drinking more water throughout the day. Don’t wait until you are thirsty. Keep a bottle of water beside you at work. Drinking water will re-hydrate you after exercise, it will also keep your brain more alert with the added benefit of giving you wonderful glowing skin.
14. Switch off the computer. The Internet has become one of the biggest distractions of modern life. To increase your productivity and to get more things done, try to do as much of your work offline as possible.
15. Just start. Very often, simply starting can be the hardest part. Once you get going, you will feel glad that you did and you will have a great sense of accomplishment. Don’t put off reading the book, exercising or taking action with your goals. Just do it!
16. Everyone has a certain time of the day in which they are more productive than others. It might be early in the morning, or perhaps the afternoon or you might be more productive in the evening. Find out when your best time is for productivity and schedule your daily tasks accordingly.
17. Keep a journal and pen on hand at all times. This way, you can write down your thoughts, ideas, problems, solutions and to-dos at any time. The key is to get everything out of your head and down on paper.
18. Switch off the TV. The average American watches more than 4 hours of television every day. This is the equivalent to over 60 days a year! Turn off your TV and instead read a book, start a conversation, call a friend, or go for walk.
19. Learn to Re-charge. Get into the positive habit of getting a wonderful relaxing massage or a nice soothing bath to relax your muscles and have you feeling great. Don’t think of these as treats, think of them as necessities. You deserve it!
20. Get enough sleep. It is vitally important to get enough of sleep so that the following day you will be alert, focused and as productive as possible.
Review your day. At the end of each day read your journal and review your goals and your tasks for the day. Did you get everything done that you wanted to? Did you exercise, read, and complete your to-do list? If not, don’t beat yourself up. Instead, think of the reasons why you did not and remember, you have another 24 hours to catch up tomorrow.
You might find the articles below useful.
How To Re-Wire Your Brain For Success