Sara Blakely is a highly successful businesswoman and founder of the company ‘Spanx’ a product line dealing with pants and Leggings for women.
Sara Blakely thought of the name ‘Spanx’ herself as she thought it gave the perfect image of the kind of products she wanted to sell. She not only designed the Spanx logo, she also trademarked it herself. ‘Spanx’ was launched from her home in August 2000. Spanx is now worth more than a billion dollars.
In 2005, Sara Blakely finished as runner-up on Richard Branson‘s ‘The Rebel Billionaire’ television show, she later starred as a judge on the ABC reality series ‘American Investor.’ Sara launched ‘The Sara Blakely Foundation’ which funds scholarships for young women in 2006.
In 2012, Sara was named the world’s youngest, self-made female billionaires by Forbes Magazine and one of Time’s ‘100 Most Influential People. Sara totally embodies the powerful Spanx mission: To help women feel great about themselves and their potential.
I hope that you enjoy this collection of Sara Blakely quotes and they empower you in life and in business.
1. I think failure is nothing more than life’s way of nudging you that you are off course. – Sara Blakely
2. Failure is not the outcome – failure is not trying. Don’t be afraid to fail. – Sara Blakely
3. Money is fun to make, fun to spend and fun to give away. – Sara Blakely
4. Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else. – Sara Blakely
5. You’ve got to visualize where you’re headed and be very clear about it. Take a Polaroid picture of where you’re going to be in a few years. – Sara Blakely
6. I feel like money makes you more of who you already are. – Sara Blakely
7. In starting a business and growing a business, every day is learning how to manage obstacles. – Sara Blakely
8. Ensure that you do things differently from everyone else. – Sara Blakely
9. When something I can’t control happens, I ask myself : where is the hidden gift, where is the positive in this? – Sara Blakely
10. Failure to me became not trying versus not succeeding. – Sara Blakely
11. I got a call from the Oprah Winfrey Show. Oprah had chosen Spanx as one of her favorite products in 2000. I had boxes of product in my apartment and I had two weeks notice that she was going to say she loved it on TV and I had no shipping department. – Sara Blakely
12. If we can put a man on the moon, we can make pantyhose comfortable. – Sara Blakely
13. I’d never worked in fashion or retail. I just needed an undergarment that didn’t exist. – Sara Blakely
14. You’ve got to embrace what you don’t know. – Sara Blakely
15. My dad encouraged us to fail. Growing up, he would ask us what we failed at that week. If we didn’t have something, he would be disappointed. It changed my mindset at an early age that failure is not the outcome, failure is not trying. Don’t be afraid to fail.
16. I think very early on in life we all learn what we’re good at and what we’re not good at, and we stay where it’s safe. – Sara Blakely
17. Differentiate yourself! Why are you different? What’s important about you? Why does the customer need you? – Sara Blakely
18. Perseverance is the key to starting a successful business. – Sara Blakely
19. When you help a woman fulfill her potential, magic happens. – Sara Blakely
20. Trying new things and not being afraid to fail along the way are more important than what you learn in school. – Sara Blakely