20 Powerful V For Vendetta Quotes
I hope that you will enjoy the following collection of quotes from the popular movie: V For Vendetta.
Lilly and Lana Wachowski along with Joel Silver, the masterminds behind The Matrix trilogy brought the graphic novel of the same name to the big screen. In the movie, Great Britain has become a fascist state and a shadowy freedom fighter known only as “V” begins a violent campaign to destroy those who have embraced totalitarianism.
V for Vendetta was released in 2006 and became a cult classic with it’s underlying message about corrupt governments and the fight for freedom.
V for Vendetta has a number of powerful moments and quotes that have had audiences thinking about their deeper meaning. Let’s take a look at the best quotes from this classic movie.
1. People shouldn’t be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people. – V for Vendetta
2. Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea… and ideas are bulletproof. – V for Vendetta
3. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it. – V for Vendetta
4. Everybody is special. Everybody. Everybody is a hero, a lover, a fool, a villain. Everybody. Everybody has their story to tell. – V for Vendetta
5. They say that life’s a game, and then they take the board away. – V for Vendetta
6. You wear a mask for so long, you forget who you were beneath it. – V for Vendetta
7. Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us. But within that inch, we are free. – V for Vendetta
8. Artists use lies to tell the truth while politicians use them to cover the truth up. – V for Vendetta
9. We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. – V for Vendetta
10 of 20 V for Vendetta Quotes
The past can’t hurt you anymore, not unless you let it. – V for Vendetta
11. Our masters have not heard the people’s voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember. – V for Vendetta
12. Love your rage, not your cage. – V for Vendetta
13. Equality and freedom are not luxuries to lightly cast aside. Without them, order cannot long endure before approaching depths beyond imagining. – V for Vendetta
14. There are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences. – V for Vendetta
15. What was done to me created me. It’s a basic principle of the universe that every action causes an equal and opposing reaction. – V for Vendetta
16. I didn’t put you in a prison, Evey. I just showed you the bars. – V for Vendetta
17. You were born in a prison. You’ve been in a prison so long, you no longer believe there’s a world outside. – V for Vendetta
18. Who imprisoned me here? Who keeps me here? Who can release me? Who’s controlling and constraining my life except…me? – V for Vendetta
19. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it’s my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V. – V for Vendetta
20. Remember, Remember, the 5th of November, the gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot. – V for Vendetta
V for Vendetta is a powerful story that explores the themes of freedom, individuality and rebellion against government control.
The character of V, a mysterious revolutionary, challenges the status quo and inspires others to do the same.
The Quotes from V For Vendetta remind us of the importance of standing up for what we believe in and the power of one person to making a difference.
V for Vendetta shows us that even in the darkest times, hope and resistance can still over come and thrive. It is a story that encourages us to question authority and to never lose sight of our humanity and of our freedom. It is a movie that challenges us to be the change we want to see in the world.