The Matrix Quotes That Will Free Your Mind
The Matrix is a popular movie franchise created by writers-directors the Wachowskis and producer Joel Silver. The series consists of four movies, beginning with global box office sensation The Matrix (1999) and continuing with three sequels, The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions (both in 2003) and The Matrix Resurrections (2021). I hope that these quotes from The Matrix will bring back memories to you if you are a fan.
The Matrix movies depicts a dystopian future in which humanity is unknowingly trapped inside a simulated reality, called the Matrix. Created by machines to distract humans while using their bodies as an energy source.
The films focus on the adventures of Neo (Keanu Reeves), Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss), and Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) trying to free humanity from the system while being pursued by its guardians, such as Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving).
The first Matrix movie was a critical and commercial success, winning four Academy Awards. It has been added to the National Film Registry for preservation. The Matrix movies are action packed movies that challenges our understanding of perspective, reality, illusion and other intriguing concepts.
I hope that you will enjoy this collection of the best Matrix quotes.
1. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. ― Morpheus
2. Ever have that feeling where you’re not sure if you’re awake or dreaming? ― Neo
3. I do not believe it to be a matter of hope, it is simply a matter of time. ― Morpheus
4. Everything that has a beginning has an end. I see the end coming. I see the darkness spreading. I see death. And you are all that stands in his way. ― The Oracle
5. I’m trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You’re the one that has to walk through it. ― Morpheus
6. I’ll show these people what you don’t want them to see. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. ― Neo
7. Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself. ― Morpheus
8. One way or another, Neo, this war is going to end. Tonight, the future of both worlds will be in your hands… or in his. ― The Oracle
9. Mr. Anderson! ― Agent Smith
10. Neo, sooner or later you’re going to realize, just as I did, there’s a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. ― Morpheus
11. A déjà vu is usually a glitch in the Matrix. It happens when they change something. ― Trinity
12. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it. ― Morpheus
13. I know Kung-Fu! ― Neo
14. Remember, all I’m offering is the truth. Nothing more. ― Morpheus
15. I don’t know the future. I didn’t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it’s going to begin. ― Neo
16. What do all men with power want? More power. ― The Oracle
17. How do you define real? If you’re talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, taste and see, then “real” is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain. ― Morpheus
18. Choice is an illusion created between those with power and those without. ― Merovingian
19. Throughout human history, we have been dependent on machines to survive. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony. ― Morpheus
20. You hear that Mr. Anderson?… That is the sound of inevitability. ― Agent Smith
21. I don’t like the idea that I’m not in control of my life. ― Neo
22. The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth. A prison for your mind. ― Morpheus
23. The answer is out there, Neo, and it’s looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to. ― Trinity
24. I’ve been thinking it ever since I got here: Why oh why didn’t I take the blue pill? ― Cypher
25. What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets? ― Neo
No, Neo. I’m trying to tell you that when you’re ready, you won’t have to. ― Morpheus