15 Life Lessons From The Dalai Lama
His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama – is the spiritual leader of the Tibetan people and the head monk of the Gelugpa lineage of Tibetan Buddhism.
The Dalai Lama has spent his entire life sharing his positive and compassionate beliefs with the world. He is a champion for peace, happiness and personal enlightenment.
A Nobel Prize winner, and best selling author, his quotes have motivated and inspired a generation.
I am delighted to share with you these 15 Life lessons from his Holiness The Dalai Lama.
Please take a few moments out of your busy day today and enjoy the kindness, love, and compassion contained in these wonderful messages.
1. My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
2. Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.
3. We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.
4. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
5. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
6. Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
7. Follow the three R’s: Respect for Self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for all your actions.
8. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
9. Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health.
10. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
11. Spend some time alone every day.
12. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
13. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
14. Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.
15. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.