I hope that you enjoy this collection of inspirational Viktor Frankl Quotes.
Viktor Frankl was an Austrian neurologist, psychologist and author. He is famous for his best-selling book Man’s Search for Meaning, which illustrates his time as a prisoner in a Nazi concentration camp.
Viktor Frankl created the concept of Logotherapy, which the author describes as “the primary motivational source of an individual is to find meaning in life.” Frankl also taught at the University of Vienna and at a number of American universities.
Through his writings, Viktor Frankl reminds us that no matter what life throws our way, we have the power to choose our response and find meaning in even the most difficult of situations.
I hope that you really enjoy reading this wonderful collection of Viktor Frankl quotes that I have put together for you.
1. Life is not primarily a quest for pleasure, as Freud believed, or a quest for power, as Alfred Adler taught, but a quest for meaning. ― Viktor Frankl
2. When we are no longer able to change a situation – we are challenged to change ourselves. ― Viktor Frankl
3. The last of one’s freedoms is to choose one’s attitude in any given circumstance. ― Viktor Frankl
4. Live as if you were living already for the second time and as if you had acted the first time as wrongly as you are about to act now! ― Viktor Frankl
5. Forces beyond your control can take away everything you possess except one thing, your freedom to choose how you will respond to the situation. ― Viktor Frankl
6. I do the unpleasant tasks before I do the pleasant ones. ― Viktor Frankl
7. No one has the right to do wrong, even if wrong has been done to them. ― Viktor Frankl
8. The point is not what we expect from life, but rather what life expects from us. ― Viktor Frankl
9. Success, like happiness, is the unexpected side effect of one’s personal dedication to a cause greater than oneself. ― Viktor Frankl
Viktor Frankl Quotes
10. Every human being has the freedom to change at any instant. ― Viktor Frankl
11. The quest for meaning is the key to mental health and human flourishing. ― Viktor Frankl
12. I do not forget any good deed done to me and I do not carry a grudge for a bad one. ― Viktor Frankl
13. Our greatest human freedom is that, despite whatever our physical situation is in life, we are always free to choose our thoughts! ― Viktor Frankl
14. The greatest task for any person is to find meaning in his or her own life. ― Viktor Frankl
15. The one thing you can’t take away from me is the way I choose to respond to what you do to me. ― Viktor Frankl
16. Even when it is not fully attained, we become better by striving for a higher goal. ― Viktor Frankl
17. Each of us carries a unique spark of the divine, and each of us is also an inseparable part of the web of life. ― Viktor Frankl
18. The meaning of your life is to help others find the meaning of theirs. ― Viktor Frankl
19. No man should judge unless he asks himself in absolute honesty whether in a similar situation he might not have done the same.― Viktor Frankl
Viktor Frankl Quotes About Life
20. Happiness must happen, and the same holds for success: you have to let it happen by not caring about it. ― Viktor Frankl
21. Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms — to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way. ― Viktor Frankl
22. Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. ― Viktor Frankl
23. Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom. ― Viktor Frankl
24. Don’t aim at success. The more you aim at it and make it a target, the more you are going to miss it. ― Viktor Frankl
25. We cannot avoid suffering but we can choose how to cope with it, find meaning in it, and move forward with renewed purpose. ― Viktor Frankl
26. The greatest task for any person is to find meaning in his or her own life. ― Viktor Frankl
27. We must never forget that we may also find meaning in life even when confronted with a hopeless situation, when facing a fate that cannot be changed. ― Viktor Frankl
28. Pain is only bearable if we know it will end, not if we deny it exists. ― Viktor Frankl
29. For the world is in a bad state, but everything will become still worse unless each of us does his best. ― Viktor Frankl
30. You don’t create your mission in life – you detect it. ― Viktor Frankl
The above collection of Viktor Frankl Quotes serve as powerful reminders that life is not just about happiness and success, but it is also about finding meaning and purpose from our experiences, both the good and the bad.
Viktor Frankl’s Quotes encourages us to take control of our own lives and to find a reason to be happy, even in the face of adversity. He inspires us to persevere and to never give up on finding meaning in our lives.
His legacy continues to live on through his book and his quotes. His valuable insights on the human experience will continue to inspire future generations to search for more meaning and purpose in their lives.