Terry Pratchett was a popular English author of fantasy, science fiction and children’s novels. He is best known for his Discworld series of 41 novels.
Terry Pratchett sold his first story when he was fifteen, which earned him enough money to buy a second-hand typewriter.
Terry Pratchett’s first novel, The Carpet People, was published in 1971. The first Discworld novel, The Colour of Magic, was published in 1983, after which Pratchett wrote an average of two books a year. The final Discworld novel, The Shepherd’s Crown, was published in August 2015, five months after his death.
Terry Pratchett sold more than 85 million books worldwide in 37 languages. Terry
Terry Pratchett’s many books continue to enchant readers from all over the world.
I have carefully picked the following Terry Pratchett quotes that I hope you will enjoy.
1. The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. — Terry Pratchett
2. In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this. — Terry Pratchett
3. Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things. — Terry Pratchett
4. Sometimes I really think people ought to have to pass a proper exam before they’re allowed to be parents. Not just the practical, I mean. — Terry Pratchett
5. Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages. — Terry Pratchett
6. Writing is the most fun you can have by yourself. — Terry Pratchett
7. Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual. — Terry Pratchett
8. Always remember that the crowd that applauds your coronation is the same crowd that will applaud your beheading. People like a show. — Terry Pratchett
9. It’s still magic even if you know how it’s done. — Terry Pratchett
10. There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys. — Terry Pratchett
11. If you don’t turn your life into a story, you just become a part of someone else’s story. — Terry Pratchett
12. Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind. — Terry Pratchett
13. I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it. — Terry Pratchett
14. Don’t put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That’s why they’re called revolutions. — Terry Pratchett
15. Don’t think of it as dying, just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush. — Terry Pratchett
16. The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it’s as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues. — Terry Pratchett
17. Of course I’m sane, when trees start talking to me, I don’t talk back. — Terry Pratchett
18. A marriage is always made up of two people who are prepared to swear that only the other one snores. — Terry Pratchett
19. Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom. — Terry Pratchett
20. It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it. — Terry Pratchett
21. Fantasy is an exercise bicycle for the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. — Terry Pratchett
22. There are times in life when people must know when not to let go. Balloons are designed to teach small children this. — Terry Pratchett
23. Steal five dollars and you’re a common thief. Steal thousands and you’re either the government or a hero. — Terry Pratchett
24. So much universe, and so little time. — Terry Pratchett
25. Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one. — Terry Pratchett