Jordan Peterson Quotes That Will Make You Think
Jordan Peterson is a professor of psychology at the University of Toronto, a clinical psychologist and a best selling author. He has also published more than a hundred scientific papers, advancing the modern understanding of creativity, competence, and personality.
In 1999, Jordan Peterson published his first book, Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief, which became the basis for many of his subsequent popular lectures. The book combined information from psychology, mythology, religion, literature, philosophy, and neuroscience to analyze systems of belief and meaning.
Jordan Peterson’s YouTube channel has more than 3 million subscribers. He has also featured on many popular shows and podcasts.
Jordan Peterson’s quotes provide a wealth of wisdom and insight on a wide range of topics, including self-improvement, personal responsibility and the meaning of life.
Whether you are looking for inspiration, guidance, or just a fresh perspective on life, his words are sure to resonate with you in a profound way.
So, if you’re looking to take control of your life and become the best version of yourself, be sure to check out the Jordan Peterson Quotes below and see how they can help you on your journey.
1. You must determine where you are going in your life, because you cannot get there unless you move in that direction. — Jordan Peterson
2. If you fulfill your obligations every day you don’t need to worry about the future. — Jordan Peterson
3. Face the demands of life voluntarily. Respond to a challenge, instead of bracing for catastrophe. — Jordan Peterson
4. If you don’t say what you think then you kill your unborn self. — Jordan Peterson
5. So, listen, to yourself and to those with whom you are speaking. Your wisdom then consists not of the knowledge you already have, but the continual search for knowledge, which is the highest form of wisdom. — Jordan Peterson
6. Perhaps you are overvaluing what you don’t have and undervaluing what you do. — Jordan Peterson
7. It took untold generations to get you where you are. A little gratitude might be in order. — Jordan Peterson
8. Take care with yourself. Define who you are. Refine your personality. Choose your destination and articulate your Being. — Jordan Peterson
9. The purpose of life is finding the largest burden that you can bear and bearing it. — Jordan Peterson
10. What would your life be like if you made use of all of the potential you were offered? — Jordan Peterson
11. Make friends with people who want the best for you. — Jordan Peterson
12. Walk tall and gaze forthrightly ahead. Dare to be dangerous. Encourage the serotonin to flow plentifully through the neural pathways desperate for its calming influence. — Jordan Peterson
13. What you aim at determines what you see. — Jordan Peterson
14. Can you imagine yourself in 10 years if, instead of avoiding the things you know you should do, you actually did them every single day? — Jordan Peterson
15. Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world. — Jordan Peterson
16. Treat yourself like someone you are responsible for helping. — Jordan Peterson
17. Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today. — Jordan Peterson
18. Don’t underestimate the power of vision and direction. These are irresistible forces, able to transform what might appear to be unconquerable obstacles into traversal pathways and expanding opportunities. — Jordan Peterson
19. You can do an awful lot by writing down what happened to you and thinking it through. — Jordan Peterson
20. Work as hard as you possibly can on at least one thing and see what happens. — Jordan Peterson
I really hope that you enjoyed reading this great collection of Jordan Peterson Quotes.
Jordan Peterson’s quotes offer a unique perspective on self-improvement and the human condition. His ideas on personal responsibility, self-discipline, and the pursuit of meaning in life have resonated with many people around the world.
Whether you agree or disagree with Jordan Peterson’s views, his words are always thought-provoking and they provide a valuable contribution to the ongoing conversation about how we can live a more fulfilling and meaningful life.