I really think that you are going to enjoy this powerful collection of James Allen Quotes. James Allen was a British writer known for his inspirational books and poetry. He is widely regarded as being a pioneer of the self-help movement.
James Allen is best known for his book, As a Man Thinketh. This best selling book was first published in 1903. To this day it is a popular source of inspiration and motivation to people all over the world.
James Allen’s books wonderfully illustrate the use of the power of thought to increase personal capabilities. The book As a Man Thinketh was described by James Allen as “A book that will help you to help yourself.”
I have put together for you, my favorite James Allen quotes that I hope will inspire you to do two things. Firstly, that you become more mindful of the thoughts that you have. Secondly, you take action and read his wonderful little book, As a Man Thinketh.
1. The outer conditions of a person’s life will always be found to be harmoniously related to his inner state. Men do not attract that which they want, but that which they are. – James Allen
2. A person is limited only by the thoughts that he chooses. – James Allen
3. Let your soul expand, let your heart reach out to others in loving and generous warmth, and great and lasting will be your joy, and all prosperity will come to you. – James Allen
4. Whether you be man or woman you will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor. – James Allen
5. He who would accomplish little need sacrifice little; he who would achieve much must sacrifice much. He who would attain highly must sacrifice greatly. – James Allen
6. All that a man achieves and all that he fails to achieve is the direct result of his own thoughts. – James Allen
7. Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom. – James Allen
8. Man’s mind may be likened to a garden, which may be intelligently cultivated or allowed to run wild. – James Allen
9. The law of harvest is to reap more than you sow. Sow an act, and you reap a habit. Sow a habit and you reap a character. Sow a character and you reap a destiny. – James Allen
10. As a man thinketh in his heart, so shall he be. – James Allen
11. Cherish your visions. Cherish your ideals. Cherish the music that stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts. For out of them will grow all delightful conditions, all heavenly environment, of these, if you but remain true to them, your world will at last be built. – James Allen
12. A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life. – James Allen
13. You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you. – James Allen
14. No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks. – James Allen
15. Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil. – James Allen
16. The world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going. – James Allen
17. Let a man radically alter his thoughts, and he will be astonished at the rapid transformation it will effect in the material conditions of his life. – James Allen
18. Good thoughts and actions can never produce bad results; bad thoughts and actions can never produce good results. – James Allen
19. For true success ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now? – James Allen
20. We do not attract what we want but who we are. – James Allen
James Allen’s quotes are a wonderful source of inspiration and wisdom for many. His words remind us to be mindful of our thoughts and actions and to continuously strive for inner peace and self-improvement.
His popular books on the power of the mind and the importance of taking responsibility for our own lives strongly resonate with people to this day.
His books, “As a Man Thinketh” and “The Path of Prosperity,” are still widely read and enjoyed for the practical and uplifting message contained in them.
James Allen’s legacy lives on through his writings and quotes and the positive impact they have on people’s lives.