If you ever had a favorite superhero growing up, chances are that Stan Lee probably created them. Some of his most famous characters such as Spider man, Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, The X-Men and my personal favorite Daredevil have entertained millions of people from all over the world for decades.
Stan Lee was an author, producer, editor, publisher, illustrator and frequently made cameo appearances in Marvel movies, TV shows and video games.
Stan Lee sadly passed away on November 12th, 2018. His amazing characters and stories will continue to entertain and inspire millions of people for generations to come.
Here is a collection of my favorite Stan Lee quotes for you to enjoy.
25 Fantastic Stan Lee Quotes To Enjoy
1. “To have an idea is the easiest thing in the world. Everybody has ideas. But you have to take that idea and make it into something people will respond to – that’s hard.“ – Stan Lee
2. “My theory about why people like superheroes is that when we were kids, we all loved to read fairy tales. Fairy tales are all about things bigger than life, then you get a little bit older and you stop reading fairy tales but you don’t ever outgrow your love of them.” – Stan Lee
3. “With great power there must also come–great responsibility!” – Stan Lee
4. “I don’t have inspiration. I only have ideas. Ideas and deadlines.” – Stan Lee
5. “It’s fun doing something that hasn’t been done before” – Stan Lee
6. “When you work with people whom you like and you admire because they’re so good at what they do, it doesn’t feel like work. It’s like you’re playing” – Stan Lee
7. “I always figure I’m not unique, and something that would please me hopefully would please a lot of other people that have the same tastes that I do.” – Stan Lee
8 of 25 Stan Lee Quotes
“I am very lucky because everything that I do is exciting to me. It’s always new.” – Stan Lee
9. “I wanted them to be diverse. The whole underlying principle of the X-Men was to try and be an anti-bigotry story to show there’s good in every person.” – Stan Lee
10. “Reading is very good. And you can quote me!” – Stan Lee
11. “I’m just somebody who tries to write things that entertain people. And if I can do it in a way that makes them prefer to emulate the good guy than the bad guy, I’m happy.” – Stan Lee
12. “If you are interested in what you do, that keeps you going!” – Stan Lee
13. “The more you read, the better you’re going to become as a storyteller.” – Stan Lee
14. “If you enjoy what you do, if you are interested in what you do, I really think that’s the best situation.” – Stan Lee
15. “Entertainment is one of the most important things in people’s lives. Without it, they might go off the deep end. I feel that if you’re able to entertain people, you’re doing a good thing.” – Stan Lee
16 of 25 Stan Lee Quotes
“I don’t analyze things too closely. I find the more you analyze, the more you get away from spontaneity.” – Stan Lee
17. “No one has a perfect life. Everybody has something that he wishes was not the way it is.” – Stan Lee
18. “Luck is one of the most important things in the world and it really has a role to play in everything.” – Stan Lee
19. “Money’s okay, but what I really like is working.” – Stan Lee
20. “I don’t think superpowers automatically means there won’t be any personality problems, family problems, or even money problems. I just tried to write characters who are human beings who also have superpowers.” – Stan Lee
21. “We all wish we had super powers. We all wish we could do more than we can do.” – Stan Lee
22. “Excelsior!” – Stan Lee
23. “Life is never completely without its challenges” – Stan Lee
24. “Every day there’s a new development…there’s no limit to the things that are happening.” – Stan Lee
25. “Anything that entertains, that takes people away from their own problems, is good.” – Stan Lee