Legend has it that Sun Tzu was a Chinese military leader in an era known as the Spring and Autumn Period. This was a time of great turmoil in China, as many states fought for power and control of the country’s many territories. Under this time Sun Tzu’s skills as a warrior and a military strategist were much in demand.
Sun Tzu captured his theories about war in a book called the Art of War. This small book has became one of the most popular books on conflict strategy in the world.
The lessons from The Art of War can be applied to most conflicts that you might be going through. Spanning topics such as philosophy, wisdom, strategy and leadership, the timeless wisdom contained in this book can be useful everywhere from the boardroom to the sports field.
The Art of War has been used by many as a guide on how to deal with conflicts in their lives. I hope that you will enjoy this collection of the best quotes from The Art of War.
1. He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight. – Sun Tzu
2. Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win. – Sun Tzu
3. Quickness is the essence of the war. – Sun Tzu
4. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle. – Sun Tzu
5. The greatest victory is that which requires no battle. – Sun Tzu
6. Even the finest sword plunged into salt water will eventually rust. – Sun Tzu
7. There is no instance of a nation benefiting from prolonged warfare. – Sun Tzu
8. One mark of a great soldier is that he fight on his own terms or fights not at all. – Sun Tzu
9. Every battle is won before it is fought. – Sun Tzu
10 of 30: Art of War Quotes
Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical. – Sun Tzu
11. Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across. – Sun Tzu
12. The victorious army is victorious first and seeks battle later; the defeated army seeks battle first and seeks victory later. – Sun Tzu
13. What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease. – Sun Tzu
14. Great results can be achieved with small forces. – Sun Tzu
15. Energy may be likened to the bending of a crossbow; decision, to the releasing of a trigger. – Sun Tzu
16. The whole secret lies in confusing the enemy, so that he cannot fathom our real intent. – Sun Tzu
17. Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley. – Sun Tzu
18. Ponder and deliberate before you make a move. – Sun Tzu
19. The wise warrior avoids the battle. – Sun Tzu
20 of 30 Art of War Quotes:
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. – Sun Tzu
21. When one treats people with benevolence, justice, and righteousness, and reposes confidence in them, the army will be united in mind and all will be happy to serve their leaders. – Sun Tzu
22. It is more important to out-think your enemy than to outfight him. – Sun Tzu
23. It is easy to love your friend, but sometimes the hardest lesson to learn is to love your enemy. – Sun Tzu
24. Who wishes to fight must first count the cost. – Sun Tzu
25. Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack. – Sun Tzu
26. Convince your enemy that he will gain very little by attacking you; this will diminish his enthusiasm. – Sun Tzu
27. Victory comes from finding opportunities in problems. – Sun Tzu
28. The opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself. – Sun Tzu
29. Know the enemy, know yourself and victory is never in doubt, not in a hundred battles. – Sun Tzu
30. A leader leads by example, not by force. – Sun Tzu
Positive Attitude Quotes That You Will Enjoy
Our attitude can play a very important role on how we think, feel and behave on a daily basis.
For example, our attitude from the moment that we wake up each day can be the difference between being grateful and feeling blessed or waking up with dread thinking of the day ahead. The difference between a good day and a bad day can be something as simple our attitude and our mindset.
I hope that the following collection of attitude quotes with inspire you to realize just how important that your attitude really is.
Please take a minute or two out of your day today and read these Attitude Quotes that I have put together for you.
1. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. ― Maya Angelou
2. Your attitude can take you forward or your attitude can take you down. The choice is always yours! ― Catherine Pulsifer
3. Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think. ― Benjamin Disraeli
4. It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters. ― Epictetus
5. The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do. ― Kobe Bryant
6. A positive attitude is a person’s passport to a better tomorrow. ― Jeff Keller
7. You are the conductor of your own attitude! Nobody else can compose your thoughts for you. ― Larry Hargraves
8. Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out. ― John Wooden
9. Our attitude towards life determines life’s attitude towards us. ― John Mitchell
10. We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses.
11. All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to purse them. ― Walt Disney
12. Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. ― John C. Maxwell
13. Faith is having a positive attitude about what you can do and not worrying at all about what you can’t do. ― Joyce Meyer
14. To be an overachiever you have to be an over-believer. ― Dabo Swinney
15. Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will. ― Zig Ziglar
16. Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me. ― Carol Burnett
17. To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you’re not, pretend you are. ― Muhammad Ali
18. Virtually nothing is impossible in this world if you just put your mind to it and maintain a positive attitude. ― Lou Holtz
19. Convince yourself everyday that you are worthy of a good life. Let go of stress, breathe. Stay positive, all is well. ― Germany Kent
20. Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new. ― Og Mandino
21. Building a positive attitude begins with having confidence in yourself. ― Roger Fritz
22. Start each day by affirming peaceful, contented and happy attitudes and your days will tend to be pleasant and successful. ― Norman Vincent Peale
23. You can often change your circumstances by changing your attitude. ― Eleanor Roosevelt
24. Happiness depends on your mindset and attitude. ― Roy T. Bennett
25. The greatest discovery of all the time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude. ― Marie Osmond
26. Two things define you, your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything. ― George Bernard Shaw
27. Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. ― Winston Churchill
28. Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day. ― Alice Morse Earle
29. A bad attitude is like a flat tire, you can’t get very far until you change it.
30. Attitude is everything, so pick a good one. ― Wayne Dyer
Trusting Your Intuition Quotes
Do you ever make a choice or a decision after going with a gut feeling? Or did your mind and common sense ever tell you to do one thing but deep down you knew that you should do something else? This is using your intuition. Your intuition can sometimes act and feel like an internal compass.
I have found that the more often that I have based a decision on my intuition and gut feelings the better that my decision making has become. I have learned to really try to listen and trust my intuition in the future. Do you ever go with your gut feelings? Has your intuition been a good guide for you in your life?
Perhaps try to listen to what your intuition and your feelings are trying to tell you the next time that you have a choice to make.
1. Instinct is a marvelous thing. It can neither be explained nor ignored. ― Agatha Christie
2. You must train your intuition – you must trust the small voice inside you which tells you exactly what to say, what to decide. ― Ingrid Bergman
3. Intuition is seeing with the soul. ― Dean Koontz
4. Our intuition is like a muscle; we must practice listening to it and trusting its wisdom. ― Lisa Prosen
5. Follow your intuition it will always take you to the right destination. ― Anonymous
6. Your heart and gut are still your best guide. ― Naveen Jain
7. Intuition is always right in at least two important ways; it is always in response to something. it always has your best interest at heart. ― Gavin De Becker
8. As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live. ― Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
9. You know that feeling in the pit of your stomach? Listen to it. ― Sally Kathryn
10. Listen to your inner voice for it is a deep and powerful source of wisdom, beauty, and truth, ever flowing through you. ― Caroline Joy Adams
11. Cease trying to work everything out with your minds. It will get you nowhere. Live by intuition and inspiration and let your whole life be revelation. ― Eileen Cadd
12. Don’t you dare underestimate the power of your own instinct. ― Barbara Corcoran
13. Follow your instincts and do not let other people’s opinion of you become your opinion of yourself. ― Sarah Jessica Parker
14. I would rather trust a woman’s instinct than a man’s reason. ― Stanley Baldwin
15. Intuition is real. Vibes are real. Energy doesn’t lie. Tune in. ― Anonymous
16. Listen to your intuition. It will tell you everything you need to know. ― Anthony J. D’Angelo
17. Intuition is a sense of knowing how to act spontaneously, without needing to know why. ― Sylvia Clare
18. Your intuition is the most honest friend that you will ever have. ― Doe Zantamata
19. Be willing to trust your instincts, especially if you cannot find answers elsewhere. ― Brian Koslov
20. Learn to trust yourself and you will create a meaningful life. ― Lynn A. Robinson
21. If prayer is you talking to God, then intuition is God talking to you. ― Dr. Wayne Dyer
22. Intuition will tell the thinking mind where to look next. ― Jonas Salk
23. Good instincts usually tell you what to do long before your head has figured it out. ― Michael Burke
24. The more you trust your intuition, the more empowered you become, the stronger you become, and the happier you become. ― Gisele Bundchen
25. Think for yourself. Trust your own intuition. Another’s mind isn’t walking your journey; you are. ― Scottie Waves
26. Intuition is always right in at least two important ways; It is always in response to something. It always has your best interest at heart. ― Karen Whitaker
27. Deep down you already know the truth. ― Anonymous
28. Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. ― Steve Jobs
29. Your inner knowing is your only true compass. ― Joy Page
30. What good is intuition if your heart gets in the way of hearing it? ― Shannon L. Alder
Highly Inspirational Viktor Frankl Quotes
Viktor Frankl was an Austrian neurologist, psychologist and author. He is famous for his best-selling book Man’s Search for Meaning, which illustrates his time as a prisoner in a Nazi concentration camp.
Viktor Frankl created the concept of Logotherapy, which the author describes as “the primary motivational source of an individual is to find meaning in life.” Frankl also taught at the University of Vienna and at a number of American universities. The Viktor Frankl Institute in Vienna was founded in 1992 to further his work.
I hope that you enjoy this collection of Viktor Frankl quotes.
1. Those who have a ‘why’ to live, can bear with almost any ‘how’. ― Viktor Frankl
2. When we are no longer able to change a situation – we are challenged to change ourselves. ― Viktor Frankl
3. To choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way. ― Viktor Frankl
4. Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time. ― Viktor Frankl
5. Forces beyond your control can take away everything you possess except one thing, your freedom to choose how you will respond to the situation. ― Viktor Frankl
6. I do the unpleasant tasks before I do the pleasant ones. ― Viktor Frankl
7. No one has the right to do wrong, even if wrong has been done to them. ― Viktor Frankl
8. Success, like happiness, is the unexpected side effect of one’s personal dedication to a cause greater than oneself. ― Viktor Frankl
9. The last of one’s freedoms is to choose one’s attitude in any given circumstance. ― Viktor Frankl
10. Every human being has the freedom to change at any instant. ― Viktor Frankl
11. The quest for meaning is the key to mental health and human flourishing. ― Viktor Frankl
12. Our greatest human freedom is that, despite whatever our physical situation is in life, we are always free to choose our thoughts! ― Viktor Frankl
13. I do not forget any good deed done to me and I do not carry a grudge for a bad one. ― Viktor Frankl
14. The greatest task for any person is to find meaning in his or her own life. ― Viktor Frankl
15. Even when it is not fully attained, we become better by striving for a higher goal. ― Viktor Frankl
16. The one thing you can’t take away from me is the way I choose to respond to what you do to me. ― Viktor Frankl
17. Each of us carries a unique spark of the divine, and each of us is also an inseparable part of the web of life. ― Viktor Frankl
18. Don’t aim at success — the more you aim at it and make it a target, the more you are going to miss it. ― Viktor Frankl
19. The meaning of life is to help others find the meaning of theirs. ― Viktor Frankl
20. The point is not what we expect from life, but rather what life expects from us. ― Viktor Frankl