Abraham Lincoln was the 16th President of the United States of America. Born in Kentucky in 1809, he was a shopkeeper, postmaster and a lawyer before becoming President in 1861. Abraham Lincoln was President during the American civil war (1861-1865).
He is remembered by giving emancipation to slaves, setting up a national banking system and getting assassinated while President in 1865. Abraham Lincoln is one of the most popular US Presidents of all time.
Abraham Lincoln’s quotes and words of wisdom are enjoyed and shared by many people to this day. I hope that you will enjoy the following wonderful collection of Abraham Lincoln quotes.
20 Timeless Abraham Lincoln Quotes
1. “I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.” – Abraham Lincoln
2. “Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves.” – Abraham Lincoln
3. “Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today.” – Abraham Lincoln
4. “Don’t worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.” – Abraham Lincoln
5. “My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.” – Abraham Lincoln
6. “I don’t know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.” – Abraham Lincoln
7. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.” – Abraham Lincoln
8. “When I do good I feel good, when I do bad I feel bad, and that’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln
9. “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln
10. “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” – Abraham Lincoln
11. “Every person’s happiness is their own responsibility.” – Abraham Lincoln
12. “If you look for the bad in people, you will surely find it.” – Abraham Lincoln
13. “I never had a policy; I have just tried to do my very best each and every day.” – Abraham Lincoln
14. “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” – Abraham Lincoln
15. “Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.” – Abraham Lincoln
16. “That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” – Abraham Lincoln
17. “A new book is like a friend that I have yet to meet.” – Abraham Lincoln
18. “I will prepare and some day my chance will come.” – Abraham Lincoln
19. “Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.” – Abraham Lincoln
20. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
I hope that you enjoyed these timeless Abraham Lincoln quotes.