45 Life Lessons From A 90 Year Old
When I first read these wonderful 45 Life Lessons, I said to myself that I would love to share them with as many people as possible. These timeless lessons were written by the author Regina Brett. Regina is a New York Times best selling author, Pulitzer finalist and inspirational speaker.
Originally titled ’45 Lessons Life Taught Me’ was written the night before Regina’s 45th birthday. They instantly became very popular and the article was shared by people from all over the world. It was not until one version included a picture of a vibrant grey haired lady that the 45 Lessons became a viral hit and the name of the article changed to ’45 Life Lessons From A 90 Year Old’. These Lessons are full of wit and wisdom and feel as though they were written by someone with a life time of experience.
I asked Regina permission to share these timeless life lessons with you and she very kindly agreed. I really hope that as many people as possible read these 45 Life Lessons, learn from them and indeed live by them.
If you enjoy this article, please share it with your friends.
Life Lessons From A 90 Year Old
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.
16. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
17. You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
18. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
19. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
36. Growing old beats the alternative – dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
38. Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
42. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
43. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
44. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
45. The best is yet to come.
This list was republished by kind permission of the author Regina Brett.
Please check out Regina’s website here for more great articles www.reginabrett.com
Connect here with Regina on her Facebook Page.