I really hope that you will enjoy reading this collection of Zen Sayings and quotes.
I read hundreds of inspirational quotes every week about goals, belief, success, taking action, self-confidence and much more.
I decided to put together 30 of my favorite Zen sayings. Zen wisdom has inspired millions to live a life of greater peace and joy in their lives.
You don’t have to be on a path of enlightenment to enjoy the following Zen quotes. Once you enjoy positive, uplifting quotes I am sure that you will enjoy these timeless words of wisdom.
If you are interested in knowing more about Zen wisdom, I hope that this collection of quotes will offer you some insight into this wonderful way of thinking and living.
They might inspire you to stay on your path or who knows they may help you to find a new path in your life.
Zen Sayings To Live By
1. “Life isn’t as serious as the mind makes it out to be.” – Eckhart Tolle
2. “If you are unable to find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?” – Dogen
3. “All the things that truly matter, beauty, love, creativity, joy and inner peace arise from beyond the mind.” – Eckhart Tolle
4. “To follow the path, look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, see through the master, become the master.” – Zen Proverb
5. “Mind your thoughts, as they become your words. Mind your words, as they become your actions. Mind your actions, as they become you.” – Buddha
6. “Let your mind wander in the pure and simple. Be one with the infinite. Let all things take their course.” – Chuang Tzu
7. “Flow with whatever may happen and let your mind be free: Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.” – Chuang
8. “The practice of Zen is forgetting the self in the act of uniting with something.” – Koun Yamada
9. “Nothing ever exists entirely alone. Everything is in relation to everything else.” – Buddha
10. “Awareness is the greatest agent for change.” – Eckhart Tolle
11. “If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!” – Thich Nhat Hanh
12. “The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is.” – Eckhart Tolle
13. “This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.” – Alan Watts
14. “Throughout this life, you can never be certain of living long enough to take another breath.” – Huang Po
15. “It all depends on you. You can go on sleeping forever, you can wake up right this moment.” – Osho
16. “To study Buddhism is to study the self. To study the self is to forget the self. To forget the self is to be awakened by all things.” – Dogen
17. “Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
18. “Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.” ― Bodhidharma
19. “The more you know, the less you need.” – Yvon Chouinard
20. “Who we are now is all that really matters.” – Amy Joy
21. “We have only now, only this single eternal moment opening
and unfolding before us, day and night.” – Jack Kornfield
22. “Sometimes, simply by sitting, the soul collects wisdom.” – Unknown
23. “Smiling is one of the highest forms of meditation.” – Amma
24. “The mind can go in a thousand directions, but on this beautiful path,
I walk in peace.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
25. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro
26. “Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi
27. “Wherever you are, be there totally.” – Eckhart Tolle
28.“Upon awakening, let the words Thank You flow from your lips, for this will remind you to begin your day with gratitude and compassion.” – Wayne Dyer
29. “It is easy to believe we are each waves and forget we are also the ocean.” – Jon J. Muth
30. “Inspiring others towards happiness brings you happiness.” – Zen saying