25 Dave Ramsey Quotes On Wealth, Success and Debt
Dave Ramsey is a popular money-management expert, successful author and radio personality. His best-selling books on finance have sold more than 10 million copies combined.
By age 26 Dave Ramsey had established a $4 million real estate portfolio, only to lose it all by the age 30. After losing everything, Dave Ramsey went on a quest to find out how money really works and how he could take control of it.
He read everything that he could get his hands on about money and how to keep it. This quest of knowledge led him to a really uncomfortable place: ‘his mirror’ as he calls it.
Dave came to realize that his money problems, worries and shortages largely began and ended with the person in ‘his mirror’. This personal financial quest led him to take control of his life and rebuild himself into a highly successful financial advisor today who has helped millions of people get out of debt and take back control of their finances.
The Dave Ramsey show is the third largest radio talk show in America, it is listened to by more than 14 million people each week on more than 600 radio stations.
Below are my favorite 25 Dave Ramsey Quotes on taking control of your personal finances.
1. We buy things we don’t need with money we don’t have to impress people we don’t like. ― Dave Ramsey
2. A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went. ― Dave Ramsey
3. Debt is not a tool; it is a method to make banks wealthy, not you. ― Dave Ramsey
4. Save 3-6 months of expenses in a Rainy Day fund. Know why? Cause it is going to rain, and you aren’t the exception. ― Dave Ramsey
5. You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you. ― Dave Ramsey
6. We have a retirement crisis in America today not from a lack of money, but from a lack of vision. ― Dave Ramsey
7. The first step in taking control of your money is to stop borrowing money. Start using cash today. ― Dave Ramsey
8. Work is doing it. Discipline is doing it every day. Diligence is doing it well every day. ― Dave Ramsey
9. Few people have the courage to seek out change. Most people won’t change until the pain of where they are exceeds the pain of change. ― Dave Ramsey
10. Your greatest asset is your paycheck. ― Dave Ramsey
11. If you help enough people, you don’t have to worry about money. ― Dave Ramsey
12. Without a mission statement, you may get to the top of the ladder and then realize it was leaning against the wrong building! ― Dave Ramsey
13. You will either learn to manage money, or the lack of it will manage you. ― Dave Ramsey
14. Winning at money is 80 percent behavior and 20 percent head knowledge. ― Dave Ramsey
15. Where you are today is the sum of every choice you’ve ever made. If you don’t like where you are, start making different choices! ― Dave Ramsey
16. I believe that through knowledge and discipline, financial peace is possible for all of us. ― Dave Ramsey
17. Rich isn’t an amount of money, it’s a mindset about how you live. If you believe you can win, you can. ― Dave Ramsey
18. Knock out a small debt first so you get a quick win. Momentum is key. ― Dave Ramsey
19. People will not buy from you if they don’t trust you, your product, and your company. ― Dave Ramsey
20. If you wouldn’t want your mother to buy the item or the service then don’t sell it. ― Dave Ramsey
21. Someone who never invests money will never have any. ― Dave Ramsey
22. There are no shortcuts when it comes to getting out of debt. ― Dave Ramsey
23. Some people are just stuck in their ways and have been brainwashed into believing that credit cards and debt are an unavoidable part of life. ― Dave Ramsey
24. Study the habits of the people you want to be like and then imitate them. If they are succeeding, they must be doing something right. ― Dave Ramsey
25. Earning a lot of money is not the key to prosperity. How you handle it is. ― Dave Ramsey