Rumi Quotes That Will Lift Your Spirit
I think that you will really enjoy reading the following wonderful collection of Rumi Quotes.
Rumi was a 13th-century Persian poet, mystic, and scholar. He is widely regarded as one of the most influential figures in Islamic literature and philosophy.
Rumi’s poetry and quotes have transcended cultural and religious boundaries, capturing the hearts and minds of people from all walks of life.
These Rumi Quotes reflect his deep understanding of the human experience, exploring themes of love, spirituality, and the search for inner peace.
Rumi’s quotes have become a treasured source of insight and inspiration, and their popularity only continues to grow as more people discover the profound beauty and wisdom of his words.
I hope that you will take a few minutes to read these wonderful Rumi quotes.
Rumi Quotes That Will Lift Your Spirit
1. “Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.” – Rumi
2. “Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.” – Rumi
3. “Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise so I am changing myself.” – Rumi
4. “What you seek is seeking you.” – Rumi
5. “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” – Rumi
6. “The garden of the world has no limits, except in your mind.” – Rumi
7. “Shine like the universe is yours.” – Rumi
8. “You’ve seen my descent. Now watch my rising.” – Rumi
9. “Your heart knows the way. Run in that direction.” – Rumi
10.” My soul is from elsewhere, I’m sure of that, and I intend to end up there.” – Rumi
11. “It’s your road, and yours alone, others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.” – Rumi
12. “You have within you more love than you could ever understand.” – Rumi
13. “The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.” – Rumi
14. “Wear gratitude like a cloak and it will feed every corner of your life.” – Rumi
15. “The quieter you become the more you are able to hear.” – Rumi
16. “If light is in your heart, you will find your way home.” – Rumi
17. “This is a subtle truth. Whatever you love you are.” – Rumi
18. “Forget safety. Live where you fear to live.” – Rumi
19. “The universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you already are.” – Rumi
20 of 65 Rumi Quotes
“Life is a balance between holding on and letting go.” – Rumi
21. “There is a force within that gives you life. Seek that.” – Rumi
22. “Why are you so enchanted by this world when a mine of gold lies within you?” – Rumi
23. “Close your eyes. Fall in love. Stay there.” – Rumi
24. “The very center of your heart is where life begins – the most beautiful place on earth.” – Rumi
25. “Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.” – Rumi
26. “When you let go of who you are, you become who you might be.” – Rumi
27. “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi
28. “There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the ground; there are a thousand ways to go home again.” – Rumi
29. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean, in a drop.” – Rumi
30. “Why do you stay in prison, when the door is so wide open?” – Rumi
31. “If the foot of the trees were not tied to earth, they would be pursuing me. For I have blossomed so much, I am the envy of the gardens.” –Rumi
32. “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes around in another form.” – Rumi
33. “I am so close, I may look distant.
So completely mixed with you, I may look separate.
So out in the open, I appear hidden.
So silent, because I am constantly talking with you.” – Rumi
34. “Don’t wait any longer. Dive in the ocean, Leave and let the sea be you.” – Rumi
35. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
36. “There’s a field somewhere beyond all doubt and wrongdoing. I’ll meet you there.”– Rumi
37. “Be certain that in the religion of Love there are no believers and unbelievers. Love embraces all.” ― Rumi
38. “Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.” – Rumi
39. “Silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation.” – Rumi
40 of 65 Inspirational Rumi Quotes
“Peaceful is the one who’s not concerned with having more or less.
Unbound by name and fame, he is free from sorrow from the world and mostly from himself.”– Rumi
41. “These pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them.” ― Rumi
42. “It is certain that an atom of goodness on the path of faith is never lost.”– Rumi
43. “If you are seeking, seek us with joy
For we live in the kingdom of joy.
Do not give your heart to anything else
But to the love of those who are clear joy,
Do not stray into the neighborhood of despair.
For there are hopes: they are real, they exist –
Do not go in the direction of darkness –
I tell you: suns exist.” – Rumi
44. “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” – Rumi
45. “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.” ― Rumi
46. “Seek the wisdom that will untie your knot. Seek the path that demands your whole being.” – Rumi
47. “Everything about yesterday has gone with yesterday. Today, it is needed to say new things.” ― Rumi
48. “Why should I be weary when every cell of my body is bursting with life?” ― Rumi
49. “The rose’s rarest essence lives in the thorns.”― Rumi
50. “What matters is how quickly you do what your soul directs.”― Rumi
51. “Listen with ears of tolerance! See through the eyes of compassion! Speak with the language of love.” – Rumi
52. “Look past your thoughts, so you may drink the pure nectar of This Moment.”― Rumi
53. “The morning wind spreads its fresh smell. We must get up and take that in, that wind that lets us live. Breathe before it’s gone.”― Rumi
54. “Whatever purifies you is the right path, I will not try to define it.”― Rumi
55. “Achieve some perfection yourself, so that you may not fall into sorrow by seeing the perfection in others.” – Rumi
56. “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and twice as beautiful as you’d ever imagined.” – Rumi
57. “What is planted in each person’s soul will sprout.” – Rumi
58. “You have no need to travel anywhere – journey within yourself. Enter a mine of rubies and bathe in the splendor of your own light.” – Rumi
59. “The beauty you see in me is a reflection of you.” – Rumi
60 of 65 Enlightening Rumi Quotes
“Our greatest strength lies in the gentleness and tenderness of our heart.” – Rumi
61. “Love is an open secret, the most obvious thing in the world and the most hidden, with no why to how it keeps its mystery.”― Rumi
62. “Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and the stars mirrored in your own being.”― Rumi
63. “I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think.” ― Rumi
64. “There is little one can say about love. It has to be lived, and it’s always in motion.”― Rumi
65. “When you do things from the soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.” ― Rumi
I really hope that you enjoyed reading this powerful collection of Rumi Quotes.
His profound teachings on love, spirituality, and the human experience continue to resonate with people today, offering a timeless perspective on the mysteries of life.
Rumi’s words remind us of the importance of living in the present moment, cultivating inner peace, and finding joy in the wonderful journey of life.
His poetry and quotes invite us to connect with our hearts and embrace the beauty of the world around us, even in times of struggle and adversity.
Rumi’s Quotes continues to inspire and uplift, reminding us that the human experience is a sacred journey that can be enriched by the wisdom and insight of those who have come before us.
His words have become a treasured source of guidance and inspiration for countless individuals, and they continue to touch the hearts and minds of people around the world today.
Rumi, also known as Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī, was born in the early 13th century in what is now modern-day Afghanistan. He was a poet, a mystic, and a theologian, but above all, he was a beacon of love and wisdom.
His family moved from Balkh (in present-day Afghanistan) to Konya, which is located in present-day Turkey. It was there that Rumi met his spiritual mentor, Shams Tabrizi. Shams was like a spark of divine inspiration in Rumi’s life, igniting a flame that would burn brightly for years to come.
Rumi’s heart was set ablaze by Shams’ teachings, and their deep spiritual connection led to a profound transformation in Rumi’s life. Together, they delved into the mysteries of existence, exploring the depths of spirituality and the true nature of love. Rumi’s passion for the divine grew, and he began to express his experiences through poetry.
Rumi’s poetry is a unique blend of mysticism, love, and profound insights into the human condition. He used words to touch the very essence of our souls, urging us to look beyond the superficial and embrace the eternal truths. His poems often explore the themes of love, unity, and the longing for union with the Divine.
One of Rumi’s most well-known works is the “Masnavi,” a collection of poetic stories and teachings that convey deep spiritual truths. In these verses, Rumi weaves together tales and parables that resonate with readers from all walks of life. His words have the power to awaken the dormant love within us, reminding us that we are all connected and part of something greater.
Rumi’s teachings emphasize the transformative power of love and the unity of all beings. He believed that love was the key to unlocking the doors of the heart and transcending the limitations of the ego. His poetry encourages us to embrace love in all its forms and to seek spiritual awakening through acts of kindness, compassion, and selflessness.
Even though Rumi lived more than 700 years ago, his wisdom is timeless. His poems continue to inspire millions around the world, transcending cultural and religious boundaries. Rumi’s message of love and unity resonates with people of all backgrounds, reminding us of our shared humanity and the universal desire for connection.
Rumi’s influence extends far beyond his poetry and Quotes. He founded the Mevlevi Order, also known as the Whirling Dervishes, a mystical Sufi order that practices a unique form of meditation through spinning dances. The whirling dance of the dervishes symbolizes the soul’s journey toward divine union, a beautiful expression of Rumi’s teachings.
Today, Rumi’s legacy lives on, and his quotes continue to touch the hearts and souls of people worldwide. His poetry serves as a guiding light, inviting us to explore the depths of our own beings and discover the profound love that resides within. Rumi’s life and teachings remind us that in a world often consumed by division, love is the most powerful force that can unite us all.
So, let’s take a moment to appreciate the incredible wisdom and warmth that Rumi brought to the world. His quotes invite us to embark on a journey of self-discovery and spiritual growth, reminding us to embrace love, compassion, and unity as we navigate the beautiful tapestry of life.