Ernest Hemingway was an American novelist, short story writer and adventurer. After leaving high school at 17 years of age, Ernest Hemingway was a journalist for the Kansas City Star before becoming a novelist. Hemingway was a Nobel and Pulitzer prize winner who loved to live life to the full.
His adventures in Cuba, Spain and Florida were inspiration for many of his writings. Considered as one of the greatest American novelists of the 20th century, here is a great collection of Ernest Hemingway quotes.
15 Profound Quotes By Ernest Hemingway
1. “Courage is grace under pressure.” — Ernest Hemingway
2. “Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.” — Ernest Hemingway
3. “When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen.” — Ernest Hemingway
4. “You can’t get away from yourself by moving from one place to another.” — Ernest Hemingway
5. “Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” — Ernest Hemingway
6. “In order to write about life first you must live it.” — Ernest Hemingway
7. “There is no friend as loyal as a book.” — Ernest Hemingway
8. “I’m so in love with you, that there isn’t anything else.” — Ernest Hemingway
9. “Never confuse movement with action.” — Ernest Hemingway
10. “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” — Ernest Hemingway
11. “Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual.” — Ernest Hemingway
12. “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” — Ernest Hemingway
13. “The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.” — Ernest Hemingway
14. “Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything.” — Ernest Hemingway
15. “The world is a fine place worth fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.” — Ernest Hemingway
I hope that you enjoyed these wonderful quotes by Ernest Hemingway.