20 John Templeton Quotes That Will Inspire You
Sir John Templeton was a legendary investor and mutual fund manager who founded the Templeton Growth Fund. He was an early innovator in global value investing.
His collection of funds held more than $13 billion in assets when he sold the firm in 1992. Following this sale, he spent the rest of his life focusing on philanthropic pursuits.
I hope that you will enjoy this collection of John Templeton quotes.
1. Self-improvement comes mainly from trying to help others. — John Templeton
2. Everyone has special talents, and it is our duty to find ours and use them well. — John Templeton
3. Wherever we are and whatever we are doing, it is possible to learn something that can enrich our lives and the lives of others… No one’s education is ever complete. — John Templeton
4. It is nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice. — John Templeton
5. If you want to have a better performance than the crowd, you must do things differently from the crowd. — John Templeton
6. A successful life depends less on how long you live than on how much you can pack into the time you have. — John Templeton
7. If a business is not ethical, it will fail, perhaps not right away but eventually. — John Templeton
8. If you earn a dollar and spend a dollar ten, you’ll be a failure. But if you earn a dollar and spend ninety cents, you’re on the road to success! — John Templeton
9. Success is a process of continually seeking answers to new questions. — John Templeton
10. Happiness comes from spiritual wealth, not material wealth. Happiness comes from giving, not getting. If we try hard to bring happiness to others, we cannot stop it from coming to us also. — John Templeton
11. An attitude of gratitude creates blessings. — John Templeton
12. The big difference between those who are successful and those who are not is that successful people learn from their mistakes and the mistakes of others. — John Templeton
13. The best time to invest is when you have money. — John Templeton
14. The four most expensive words in the English language are “this time it’s different. — John Templeton
15. Bull-markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism and die on euphoria. — John Templeton
16. The person who really wants to do something finds a way; the other finds an excuse. — John Templeton
17. If you want to become really wealthy, you must have your money work for you. — John Templeton
18. If you’re not grateful, you’re not rich – no matter how much you have. — John Templeton
19. Be aware of the words that go into your mind, both conscious and unconscious, because words and ideas can be great tools for your mind to use in coming to appropriate decisions. — John Templeton
20. If we become increasingly humble about how little we know, we may be more eager to search. — John Templeton