Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948) was an Indian activist who was the leader of the Indian independence movement. Throughout his life in South Africa and India, Gandhi was a fearless campaigner for the rights and dignity of all people by nonviolent and peaceful means.
Mahatma Gandhi’s peaceful philosophy won over the hearts and minds of millions of people at the time and he has forever left his mark on the world. Here are 20 of his greatest quotes that I hope you will enjoy.
20 Greatest Quotes By Mahatma Gandhi
1. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Gandhi
2. “A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.” – Gandhi
3. “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” – Gandhi
4. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.” – Gandhi
5. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow; learn as if you were to live forever.” – Gandhi
6. “Where there is love there is life.” – Gandhi
7. “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.” – Gandhi
8. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” – Gandhi
9. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Gandhi
10. “Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.” – Gandhi
11. “The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” – Gandhi
12. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Gandhi
13. “Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep.” – Gandhi
14. “There is force in the universe, which, if we permit it, will flow through us and produce miraculous results.” – Gandhi
15. “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” – Gandhi
16. “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.” – Gandhi
17. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi
18. “An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.” – Gandhi
19. “Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.” – Gandhi
20. “The future depends on what we do in the present.” – Gandhi
I hope that you enjoyed these wonderful Mahatma Gandhi Quotes.