25 Neil deGrasse Tyson Quotes That Are Out Of This World
Neil deGrasse Tyson is an astrophysicist who has introduced science to a massive audience around the world through his books, interviews and his social media pages.
Tyson deGrasse Tyson is one of the most in-demand science experts today. He gives numerous talks across the country and is a media favorite whenever there is an important science story in the news.
Neil deGrasse Tyson is the recipient of twenty-one honorary doctorates and the NASA Distinguished Public Service Medal, the highest award given by NASA to a non-government citizen. He is also the director of the Hayden Planetarium at the American Museum of Natural History in New York.
I hope that you will enjoy this wonderful collection of Neil deGrasse Tyson Quotes.
1. We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
2. So you’re made of detritus (from exploded stars). Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all? ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
3. Knowing where you came from is no less important than knowing where you are going. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
4. We spend the first year of a child’s life teaching it to walk and talk and the rest of its life to shut up and sit down. There’s something wrong there. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
5. For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You’d be surprised how far that gets you. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
6. Every living thing is a masterpiece, written by nature and edited by evolution. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
7. Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
8. Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
9. The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
10. We are stardust brought to life, then empowered by the universe to figure itself out—and we have only just begun. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
11. I look up at the night sky, and I know that, yes, we are part of this Universe, we are in this Universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts is that the Universe is in us. When I reflect on that fact, I look up—many people feel small, because they’re small and the Universe is big, but I feel big, because my atoms came from those stars. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
12. Everyone should have their mind blown once a day. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
13. If Aliens did visit us, I’d be embarrassed to tell them we still dig fossil fuels from the ground as a source of energy. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
14. Just because you can’t figure out how ancient civilizations built stuff, doesn’t mean they got help from Aliens. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
15. The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them in their cores and exploded these enriched ingredients across our galaxy, billions of years ago. For this reason, we are biologically connected to every other living thing in the world. We are chemically connected to all molecules on Earth. And we are atomically connected to all atoms in the universe. We are not figuratively, but literally stardust. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
16. The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
17. I’m often asked by parents what advice can I give them to help get kids interested in science? And I have only one bit of advice. Get out of their way. Kids are born curious. Period. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
18. There’s as many atoms in a single molecule of your DNA as there are stars in the typical galaxy. We are, each of us, a little universe. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
19. Principles of modern law assert that you’re innocent until proven guilty. Yet airport security is the exact opposite of this. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
20. I love the smell of the universe in the morning. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
21. My view is that if your philosophy is not unsettled daily then you are blind to all the universe has to offer. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
22. I love being wrong, because that means in that instant, I learned something new that day. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
23. Whether or not you can never become great at something, you can always become better at it. Don’t ever forget that! And don’t say “I’ll never be good”. You can become better! and one day you’ll wake up and you’ll find out how good you actually became. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
24. I think of space not as the final frontier but as the next frontier. Not as something to be conquered but to be explored. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
25. We are part of this universe; we are in this universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts, is that the universe is in us. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson