What is a Vision Board?
A vision board is a powerful visualization tool which refers to a board used to build a collage of words and pictures that represent all of your exciting goals and dreams for the future. It is considered as being one of the most powerful and empowering exercises that you can practice to help you achieve your goals.
The concept of visualization is not something new, in fact, people have been using the power of visualization for centuries in order to enhance different areas their lives.
What are the benefits of using a Vision Board?
The main objective for creating a vision board is to bring everything that you put on it to life. Therefore, you should pay special attention to your career, relationships, health and personal goals when creating your vision board. By remembering to look at your goals on your vision board on a daily basis and imagining them as if they have already come true is one of the best ways to activate The Law of Attraction.
How to create a vision board?
Anyone can easily create a vision board at home. You just need to get yourself a board, a pair of scissors and a glue stick. You can easily purchase a poster board or a cork board, scissors and glue stick from your nearest hardware or stationary store. It is also a good idea to purchase some stickers and colored markers in order to decorate your vision board. Additionally, you should find a couple of glossy magazines to cut out images of your exciting goals and dreams and really bring your vision board to life.
The steps to create your vision board
1. The first step of creating your vision board is to take some time to reflect on your personal goals and dreams that you have of the future. Once you have these exciting goals written down, you can then proceed to the next step, which is about creating your vision board.
2. If you have any big goals written down, it is a good idea to break them down into smaller short term goals. For example, you can define your career goals, hobbies, activities, relationship goals, educational goals and travel goals. Then you can then easily set the appropriate paths to follow in order to reach each goal.
3. To create a physical vision board, you should start collecting inspirational images for it. Use photographs, magazine cutouts and images from the Internet. Be creative, have fun and use whatever images that will inspire you.
4. After collecting the best images of your goals, you should also start collecting some powerful inspirational quotes and affirmations for your vision board. Plenty of wonderful affirmations and inspiring sayings can be found in books and on the internet, these powerful words can be used to really bring to life your vision board. Take the time to create a list of words that will describe how you want to feel in the future. You can either search for these words in magazines or books or write them yourself. Then add them to your vision board in a visually attractive way.
5. Now we come to the final step, which is about putting your vision board together. When you are pasting the images and words that you have selected onto your vision board, you need to be as creative as possible. You can experiment with a few different designs and go for the most appealing layout for you. It is a great idea to include a photo in the center of your vision board. This could be a really nice photo of yourself or that of your main goal for the future. Once you have everything in place, you can simply secure them with the glue stick. Be careful to leave enough space between each image and text to avoid any clutter.
What you should keep in mind when creating your vision board?
Creating a vision board should be done in a peaceful and calm environment. Turn off the television and turn on some nice relaxing music. Once you create the perfect environment, you can simply put all of the pieces together and create your own powerful vision board.
To get the full benefit from your vision board, it is important that you place it somewhere that you will see it every day. I recommend that you take a few minutes to look at your vision board at least once or twice a day. I like to review my vision board first in the morning so that my goals are clear in my mind before I start the day. I also like to review it every night before I go to sleep, this is great way of training my sub-conscious mind to come up with ideas and ways while I am sleeping on how I will achieve my goals. When I review my vision board at night, I usually wake up in the morning full of positivity – and I am usually more likely to notice and act on any opportunity that will bring me closer to achieve my goals.
By adding this powerful visualization practice to your daily routine, you will naturally become more motivated and inspired to achieve all of your exciting goals for the future. You will start to notice that you subconsciously do things that will move you closer to your ideal life. You might find yourself volunteering to take on extra responsibilities at work and taking more positive action in both your personal and professional life.
As some time goes by, and you begin to achieve some of your exciting goals and dreams, look at those images that represent your achievements, and feel gratitude for how well the Law of Attraction is working for you. Don’t remove any pictures or images that represent the goals that you have already achieved. The achievement of any goals on your vision board are powerful visual reminders of what you have already consciously and deliberately attracted into your life.They will also act as powerful reminders of what you are capable of.
Read this article about power of The Law of Attraction.